Juice up your testosterone with potassium

Jib

I've been having a lot of benefits from regular potassium supplementation. I use both chloride and gluconate forms, as bulk powders, and usually take a 300mg dose 4x a day. I just mix it right into my drinking water. I also take this along with powdered magnesium chloride (Greenway Biotech brand -- USP grade, no bromides), 90mg each dose of that.

Roughly an 1/8 teaspoon of each into 1.5 or 2 cups of water. 1/8 teaspoon of potassium chloride is about 365mg of potassium, whereas 1/8 teaspoon of gluconate is only about 50mg. 1/2 teaspoon of potassium gluconate nets around 210mg of potassium.

So between the two I get 1.2g of potassium and 360mg magnesium per day in my water. No side effects at all, actually only positive effects. And I think 1.2g - 1.5g supplementation a day can go a very long way towards filling in any gaps left behind by the diet.

I do love coconut water. I don't have it every day. But on a fairly regular basis, at least a couple times a week. I'm a huge fan of bananas as well. I've been going rogue a bit and having a lot of sourdough bread (I make it with spelt) as well as beans, and some masa harina here and there, as well as oatmeal, which in quantity add up to a decent source of potassium.

I've also been eating a lot of beef, which is also a decent source of potassium as long as you don't get rid of the juices left over after cooking.

The mineral fortified filtered water I drink tastes great, though. I filter it at home using an Aquacera Cerametix AMB filter system, in their Terra2 stoneware gravity filter. I actually have been craving the mineral fortified water and sometimes when I don't add anything, it'll taste flat and bland to me, and much, much better after I add the minerals. But not always. The body is pretty good at knowing what it needs once it gets exposed to nutrients enough to connect the dots.

I did find that by ramping up to high doses of gluconate, I would occasionally get diarrhea, but I was taking pretty large amounts. I haven't had that effect from the 300-400mg single doses in my water spread throughout the day, but people's results might vary. Personally I got sick of trying to sprinkle it on my food. I only use salt for my food (I use Jacobsen salt...purest form I've found, no contaminants, plastics or other BS), and then just supplement magnesium and potassium via my drinking water. Works very well for me and I personally would not have it any other way. I always had diarrhea and severe digestive upset from all other magnesium supplements so I was surprised to see I can tolerate so much of the Greenway Biotech magnesium chloride in water without any issues whatsoever. 90mg elemental magnesium per 1/8 teaspoon in case anyone was wondering.

Dr. B

I've been having a lot of benefits from regular potassium supplementation. I use both chloride and gluconate forms, as bulk powders, and usually take a 300mg dose 4x a day. I just mix it right into my drinking water. I also take this along with powdered magnesium chloride (Greenway Biotech brand -- USP grade, no bromides), 90mg each dose of that.

Roughly an 1/8 teaspoon of each into 1.5 or 2 cups of water. 1/8 teaspoon of potassium chloride is about 365mg of potassium, whereas 1/8 teaspoon of gluconate is only about 50mg. 1/2 teaspoon of potassium gluconate nets around 210mg of potassium.

So between the two I get 1.2g of potassium and 360mg magnesium per day in my water. No side effects at all, actually only positive effects. And I think 1.2g - 1.5g supplementation a day can go a very long way towards filling in any gaps left behind by the diet.

I do love coconut water. I don't have it every day. But on a fairly regular basis, at least a couple times a week. I'm a huge fan of bananas as well. I've been going rogue a bit and having a lot of sourdough bread (I make it with spelt) as well as beans, and some masa harina here and there, as well as oatmeal, which in quantity add up to a decent source of potassium.

I've also been eating a lot of beef, which is also a decent source of potassium as long as you don't get rid of the juices left over after cooking.

The mineral fortified filtered water I drink tastes great, though. I filter it at home using an Aquacera Cerametix AMB filter system, in their Terra2 stoneware gravity filter. I actually have been craving the mineral fortified water and sometimes when I don't add anything, it'll taste flat and bland to me, and much, much better after I add the minerals. But not always. The body is pretty good at knowing what it needs once it gets exposed to nutrients enough to connect the dots.

I did find that by ramping up to high doses of gluconate, I would occasionally get diarrhea, but I was taking pretty large amounts. I haven't had that effect from the 300-400mg single doses in my water spread throughout the day, but people's results might vary. Personally I got sick of trying to sprinkle it on my food. I only use salt for my food (I use Jacobsen salt...purest form I've found, no contaminants, plastics or other BS), and then just supplement magnesium and potassium via my drinking water. Works very well for me and I personally would not have it any other way. I always had diarrhea and severe digestive upset from all other magnesium supplements so I was surprised to see I can tolerate so much of the Greenway Biotech magnesium chloride in water without any issues whatsoever. 90mg elemental magnesium per 1/8 teaspoon in case anyone was wondering.
a half gallon milk will provide easily 4000mg+ potassium. add orange juice, coconut water, additional juices or dried fruits, additional proteins like beef or whey or yogurt and you can easily get into the 6000mg+ range if not 8000mg+ without needing to supplement or use potassium salt. it can be hard to get sodium with these kinds of foods so the regular sodium salt like pink salt becomes more valuable.

aniciete

a half gallon milk will provide easily 4000mg+ potassium. add orange juice, coconut water, additional juices or dried fruits, additional proteins like beef or whey or yogurt and you can easily get into the 6000mg+ range if not 8000mg+ without needing to supplement or use potassium salt. it can be hard to get sodium with these kinds of foods so the regular sodium salt like pink salt becomes more valuable.
Why would any person need this much liquid? No wonder people around here have constant urination problems.

Ben.

I notice nothing from drinking alot of milk/OJ but supplementing potassium is a whole different thing.

I tried both potassium tartrate and potassium bicarbonate, in both instances my chronicly dry brittle thin hair becomes nice, soft and fluffy (as it should be) for a few hours. Same for the skin.
Along with the taurine added to it as its been mentioned as k-water it seems to reduce my brainfog somewhat aswell prolly due to its protective effects on neurons.

Maybe the reason of a lack of response trough dietary means is a huge issue in digestion/assimilation and my bodys ability to balance electrolytes properly, so this effect might not be replicable in others.

Edit: Cant remember the user who recommends getting citrate in so the body can deal with acidic loads which can make a huge difference in health apparantly. I tried that and just add the potassium bicarbonate into OJ or Lemon Juice so it interacts with the citric acid and making potassium citrate. I get a similar benefit this way as i do with k-water (plus the goodies of the juice).

Last edited:

baccheion

The best is aligning to ratio 2 : 1 : 2 : 8 : 4 calcium : magnesium : phosphorus : potassium : sodium. Potassium is to balance phosphorus and help maintain alkalinity.

Lite salt. Potatoes.

I wonder if the egg ratio (1066 : 460 : 1166 : 3500 : 3000) would be sufficient with enough water. 3g sodium goes with 1 gallon. Eggs are keto carbs, so I would assume more sodium aligns then. Otherwise, it seems half as much would be better with normal carbs. That may be enough calcium to handle the sodium either way, if water stays proportional.

300 IU/kg vitamin D3 (reverse ~2.5:1 ratio with vitamin A) seems to increase testosterone in ratio with estrogen. Assumes 1mg MK-4 and 100 mcg MK-7 per 10,000 IU. Combined with the ratios mentioned and meeting all RDAs. Seems to be about the ratio. Potassium is needed loudest to balance phosphorus and also goes with sodium. Calcium goes with magnesium.

Dr. B

I notice nothing from drinking alot of milk/OJ but supplementing potassium is a whole different thing.

I tried both potassium tartrate and potassium bicarbonate, in both instances my chronicly dry brittle thin hair becomes nice, soft and fluffy (as it should be) for a few hours. Same for the skin.
Along with the taurine added to it as its been mentioned as k-water it seems to reduce my brainfog somewhat aswell prolly due to its protective effects on neurons.

Maybe the reason of a lack of response trough dietary means is a huge issue in digestion/assimilation and my bodys ability to balance electrolytes properly, so this effect might not be replicable in others.

Edit: Cant remember the user who recommends getting citrate in so the body can deal with acidic loads which can make a huge difference in health apparantly. I tried that and just add the potassium bicarbonate into OJ or Lemon Juice so it interacts with the citric acid and making potassium citrate. I get a similar benefit this way as i do with k-water (plus the goodies of the juice).
i got bad effects from potassium bitartrate. i think its a byproduct of winemaking and has some special name. cream of tartar?
i got bloating and skin irritation. someone on here mentioned bitartrate is a toxin or something.

Why would any person need this much liquid? No wonder people around here have constant urination problems.

it shouldn't be much especially if the metabolism is running faster youll have more thirst. its a good way to avoid bottled and tap waters. it adds up to a gallon per day total. actually slightly less than a gallon. 64oz from milk, 32oz from OJ or grape juice or pomegranate or others, and 16oz from coconut water. the amount of urination needed is also much less compared to drinking plain water in this amount. when I drank no juices and whey shakes with plain water i had to urinate a lot more. Haidut in a video mentioned how coke and other drinks evaporate more than plain water

Dr. B

The best is aligning to ratio 2 : 1 : 2 : 8 : 4 calcium : magnesium : phosphorus : potassium : sodium. Potassium is to balance phosphorus and help maintain alkalinity.

Lite salt. Potatoes.

I wonder if the egg ratio (1066 : 460 : 1166 : 3500 : 3000) would be sufficient with enough water. 3g sodium goes with 1 gallon. Eggs are keto carbs, so I would assume more sodium aligns then. Otherwise, it seems half as much would be better with normal carbs. That may be enough calcium to handle the sodium either way, if water stays proportional.

300 IU/kg vitamin D3 (reverse ~2.5:1 ratio with vitamin A) seems to increase testosterone in ratio with estrogen. Assumes 1mg MK-4 and 100 mcg MK-7 per 10,000 IU. Combined with the ratios mentioned and meeting all RDAs. Seems to be about the ratio. Potassium is needed loudest to balance phosphorus and also goes with sodium. Calcium goes with magnesium.
how did you get those ratios and find theyre ideal? also how do eggs have that much calcium? are you including egg shell? i didnt know eggs have that much calcium.

baccheion

how did you get those ratios and find theyre ideal? also how do eggs have that much calcium? are you including egg shell? i didnt know eggs have that much calcium.
They do not. That's from 4 dozen eggs raw, removing phosphatidylcholine from the phosphorus count (as it goes out with bile rather than through kidneys).

The ideas otherwise are to have net alkaline PRAL and to ensure enough calcium to handle salt. Salt takes calcium when being excreted.

Ben.

i got bad effects from potassium bitartrate. i think its a byproduct of winemaking and has some special name. cream of tartar?
i got bloating and skin irritation. someone on here mentioned bitartrate is a toxin or something.

I rarely use cream of tartar anymore. It seemed to acidic to me (at first i thought it was the taurine).
However the benefits appeared with both. Have you tried another form of potassium?

Dr. B

I rarely use cream of tartar anymore. It seemed to acidic to me (at first i thought it was the taurine).
However the benefits appeared with both. Have you tried another form of potassium?
Potassium chloride had laxative like effects.
I noticed nothing from the supplements of 99mg potassium

fractal

I got the ratio's from here: Electrolyte Ratio's and have been taking 1-1.5 teaspoons a day. ( just 2 parts Potassium bicarb, 1 part salt (nacl) and .5 parts Magnesium glycinate). I get my calcium from milk and don't worry about the phosphorous.

I started this a few months ago and have experienced higher body temps and no more constipation.

A

Adf

@Hans obviously getting it through food is always the priority but you mention supplementing at the end. What is the best form to supplement with? Potassium bicarbonate?

@Ada reposted a good link for K-Water (taurine and potassium bicarb). I'm excited to try it.

The problem with potassium supplements is that the dose is so small (to prevent sides ofc). The typical dose is 99mg whereas the goal is 4700mg. So it seems so insignificant. K-water seems interesting as Inaut mentioned.

Here is the brief write-up of the aforementioned K-Water. The dosage in the article suggests to take 7.5gm Taurine and 6gm Potassium Bi-carb in a 1L water bottle drunk throughout the day. With that you get roughly 2.35gm of Potassium which should make up for the rest of most peoples daily requirements.

The article suggests that ratio should be tasteless, but I find it's not, it's still rather salty so I do add some flavoured EAA's to enhance the taste. It has been the best thing I have added to my diet/supplement regime where I've felt a noticeable difference in wellbeing and energy levels. I'd imagine the Taurine is doing some heavy lifting, but when they're paired together Taurine and Potassium bi-carb synergize extremely well.

Ras

Was it @Amarsh213?

In addition to the pH balancing effects of potassium citrate, it also optimizes the blood's zeta potential, which protects against ischemia:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals