Juice up your testosterone with potassium

Hans

Forum Supporter

What is your favorite high-potassium food? Mine is definitely milk and kiwi. OJ is also good, but since I juice my own, it's only available around winter.

76er

I was curious on my K intake so I nerded out on Cronometer.

Thanks for the article.

These I have every day plus whatever else I'm eating.

Attachments

• potassium-intake.png
    potassium-intake.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 101

Dannyb

What is your favorite high-potassium food? Mine is definitely milk and kiwi. OJ is also good, but since I juice my own, it's only available around winter.
@Hans obviously getting it through food is always the priority but you mention supplementing at the end. What is the best form to supplement with? Potassium bicarbonate?

Inaut

@Hans obviously getting it through food is always the priority but you mention supplementing at the end. What is the best form to supplement with? Potassium bicarbonate?
@Ada reposted a good link for K-Water (taurine and potassium bicarb). I'm excited to try it.

Dave Clark

If beta-glucuronidase prevents testosterone excretion via the kidneys, and that is good, doesn't BG also prevent excretion of estrogen in the bowels, hence calcium-D-glucarate use to keep lower levels in the bowels to prevent reabsorption of estrogen? So, will calcium -d-glucarate cause more excretion of T in the kidneys, or are they too different mechanisms? Peat's comment about CG was that he thought it was unreliable, but didn't say anything bad about it, that I know of.

golder

If beta-glucuronidase prevents testosterone excretion via the kidneys, and that is good, doesn't BG also prevent excretion of estrogen in the bowels, hence calcium-D-glucarate use to keep lower levels in the bowels to prevent reabsorption of estrogen? So, will calcium -d-glucarate cause more excretion of T in the kidneys, or are they too different mechanisms? Peat's comment about CG was that he thought it was unreliable, but didn't say anything bad about it, that I know of.
Would love to hear an answer to this

Dr. B

going off taste alone? likely milk, and a variety of different fruits/juices. probably watermelon juice not from concentrate. melon juice, orange juice, tangerine juice...

coconut water might be the highest source per calorie, other than spinach, but the taste is very basic.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I was curious on my K intake so I nerded out on Cronometer.

Thanks for the article.

These I have every day plus whatever else I'm eating.
Looks good! The interesting thing is how your body regulates potassium, as with any other nutrient. Intake might be good, but it's being excreted too quickly and this causes problems. But as long as you're not having low potassium symptoms, then it's probably not too big of a deal to test.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
The problem with potassium supplements is that the dose is so small (to prevent sides ofc). The typical dose is 99mg whereas the goal is 4700mg. So it seems so insignificant. K-water seems interesting as Inaut mentioned.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Potassium specifically upregulates BG in the kidney, haven't seen research that it does the same in the gut. Excess BG is definitely bad, but too little BG in the gut can also reduce testosterone and DHT re-absorption. Too much BG can keep someone in a hyper-estrogenic state for sure. Inflammation upregulates BG and cardamom and milk thistle can downregulate microbial BG.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
going off taste alone? likely milk, and a variety of different fruits/juices. probably watermelon juice not from concentrate. melon juice, orange juice, tangerine juice...

coconut water might be the highest source per calorie, other than spinach, but the taste is very basic.
The problem with most veggies is that you have to eat so much, which can be very difficult. Fruit and milk are basically the easiest.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals