Dismiss Notice
  6. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Jordan Peterson's Chicken And Broccoli Diet

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Health Discussions' started by Dessert_All_Day, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Dessert_All_Day

Dessert_All_Day Member

2. Tenacity

Tenacity Member

It was only a matter of time before this thread was made. :D

3. theLaw

theLaw Member

"I think that people are carbohydrate-poisoning themselves like they can't believe."...............................and this is from a guys who's both intelligent and open-minded.

4. michael94

michael94 Member

When I was doing low carb and thought it was the best thing ever I probably would have said something similar. And there is SOME truth to it. No reason to make a punching bag out of him imo.

Figuring out what to eat is something that people generally only dig further into because they are suffering. Yes this applies to Ray Peats life also. So if you are doing "pretty good" on a certain diet its hard to expect you to be open-minded about what you ingest, moreso than political topics even.

5. Tenacity

Tenacity Member

6. goodandevil

goodandevil Member

Im so sick of tbis jordan peterson ***t

7. Tarmander

Tarmander Member

JP is not Peat

8. Tenacity

Tenacity Member

[​IMG]

9. Nathan777

Nathan777 Member

I'm glad he and his daughter found a diet that cured them of their many issues. In the future if they run into deficiencies or the diet stops being a net positive I'm sure they'll do further research to see what adjustments can be made. Hard to fault people for improving themselves. I'm sure all of us have been there many times thinking we found the answer only to be less sure as time went on. Hell some of us may be there now while eating Peat-ey.

10. AretnaP

AretnaP Member

Agree, I've had about enough of him too.

11. Sobieski

Sobieski Member

Good on him and his daughter for finding some dietary solutions to their problems. Not everything has to be through a Peat prism.

12. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

basically meat and veg based. it isn't that bad.

the coconut oil would help too

13. Jem Oz

Jem Oz Member

Am also over this guy. Classic example of insecure sheep turning someone into a messiah simply because he said a handful of rational, articulate, against-the-grain things. He is knowledgeable about some things, but why on earth would I go to him for diet guidance?? People will literally hear that podcast and make drastic changes to their life, simply cos Jordan told them so.

He should be doing more to dissuade people from blindly following and hero worshipping him. I guess ego's a cunning beast.

14. pimpnamedraypeat

pimpnamedraypeat Member

+1

@Dessert_All_Day you owe everyone on this board an apology for posting this claptrap

15. Lurker

Lurker Member

It’s better than the Standard Canadian Diet (the other SCD) of poutine and lagers.

16. mayweatherking

mayweatherking Member

pretty much... he is saying some pretty interesting stuff though. regardless, although i feel like these discussions are kind of a circle jerk, the dude is clocking in some serious benjamins...

Dr Jordan B Peterson is creating lectures about profound psychological ideas | Patreon

he has 7485 patreons making at least 5$ a month per patron.... he's making at least 37k a month...... considering 5 is the lowest reward...

17. robknob

robknob Member

poutine seems pretty peaty

18. lampofred

lampofred Member

what's bad with this diet? meat and vegetables and the oils used are either coconut oil or olive oil. it could use more carbs/fruit and less fatty fish but it seems nutritious aside from that.

19. omnivoracious

omnivoracious Member

Too funny, I listened to that podcast and noted that. One thing to keep in mind is his daughter was the person who found the diet they are currently following. The good news is she followed the Peat philosophy of Perceive, Think, Act. She had awful health issues and it sounds like they've been more or less fully resolved. Peterson said he used to eat a ton of bread so perhaps at some point he'll want to expand his diet and will find that other foods that aren't loaded with awful ingredients - like flour -work just fine for him. I think many of us can remember being on a diet where we felt we had it totally dialed in, whether that be vegetarianism, veganism, paleo, atkins, etc and eventually found our way here.

Like fats and protein, there are good quality and poor quality carbohydrates. Peterson may very well be throwing out the baby with the bathwater because he's found something that currently works.

20. omnivoracious

omnivoracious Member

Yes! Pan fry that broccoli in coconut until it gets a nice crispy sear.