Jordan Peterson - The Carnivore Diet Changed My Life!

ExCarniv

I'd like to hear a Peat-like perspective on why the Carnivore Diet apparently heals /puts in remission so many health issues and diseases.
Look into meat heals.com
Arthritis and other inflammatory diseases.
A lot of them are confounded by weight loss, but even taking that into account.
I've read reports of folks curing psoriasis and macula degeneration, eyesight improvements.
They attribute it to low insulin

Going Carnivore you drop PUFAs from seed oils and nuts, and specific allergens from plants foods that mess you up.

Not good long-term, there's a lot of bad stories too, they want you to see the good ones, same like vegans do

sam7

Going Carnivore you drop PUFAs from seed oils and nuts, and specific allergens from plants foods that mess you up.

Not good long-term, there's a lot of bad stories too, they want you to see the good ones, same like vegans do

Do you think the people that are having major success e.g. Jordan Peterson , Shawn Baker etc. are heading for a crash? Baker claims 3 years plus muscle meat.

thomas00

He's managed to demonstrate the uselessness of psychology, the ineffectiveness of the carnivore diet and the incompetence of psychiatrists all in one go.

sam7

Hey Brainfog, Thanks for that link. An interesting read. Would be interesting to know what starches in particular she enjoys. Looks like she never had much of a problem with white rice but then went on to thrive on other starvhes after cane sugar...hmmm. Also interesting that she mentions her carnivore diet made her more "vulcan" when Mikhaila Peterson seems to literally have no soul... seems like that family have abused psychotic meds for too long though I don't think the carnivore does that to everyone.

He's managed to demonstrate the uselessness of psychology, the ineffectiveness of the carnivore diet and the incompetence of psychiatrists all in one go.

and yet some people still see him as an intellectual giant beyond reproach.... I've got to say though that alot of people are finding relief from chronic illness from the carnivore diet... not sure I could stomach it personally.

thomas00

the carnivore diet is a bit like the low fodmap diet in some ways- a symptomatic treatment. You get relief from reducing gas and removing irritants coming in contact with a sensitive intestine but it's not the cause of the sensitive gut, at least not in all cases.

Vinny

I have suffered life long digestive, sleep and energy issues. All my blood work used to be 'normal' up until 5 years back. After I changed my diet to a carnivorous diet my LDL went up. I have not done extensive blood work because its quite difficult to do in the socialized health care system of Canada ( unless you are really, really sick and a physician decides to do it). I just didn't see the point of badgering physicians who would dismiss my health problems because the blood work looked 'normal'. My switching to the carnivorous diet is what helped me the most, with _all_ 3 major health issues that I mentioned. My health issues have not completely resolved but it's a fraction of what it used to be.
You still eating this way, man?

CoconutEffect

Hey Brainfog, Thanks for that link. An interesting read. Would be interesting to know what starches in particular she enjoys. Looks like she never had much of a problem with white rice but then went on to thrive on other starvhes after cane sugar...hmmm. Also interesting that she mentions her carnivore diet made her more "vulcan" when Mikhaila Peterson seems to literally have no soul... seems like that family have abused psychotic meds for too long though I don't think the carnivore does that to everyone.

and yet some people still see him as an intellectual giant beyond reproach.... I've got to say though that alot of people are finding relief from chronic illness from the carnivore diet... not sure I could stomach it personally.

hey watch it, it’s more complex than that.

Mauritio

Yes, and if he only realised that for himself that would be big game changer for the public.