Jolly rancher candy miracle cure?

aquila2009

A few days ago I was eating a jolly rancher hard candy and I absentmindedly placed it on my gums where they are inflamed. My gums have been giving me major problems, brain fog, sinus symptoms and difficulty concentrating.

Almost instantaneously there was pain but the inflammation went down and I had crystal clear focus while the area was numbed. Ive been experimenting placing it in different places, and found a few areas where it causes initial pain but then it kinda numbs the area and it gets way better.

Whats going on with the candy? Is it the sugar? Is this a route to a long term cure or just a way to deal with symptoms? It’s been really miraculous so far.

A few days ago I was eating a jolly rancher hard candy and I absentmindedly placed it on my gums where they are inflamed. My gums have been giving me major problems, brain fog, sinus symptoms and difficulty concentrating.

Almost instantaneously there was pain but the inflammation went down and I had crystal clear focus while the area was numbed. Ive been experimenting placing it in different places, and found a few areas where it causes initial pain but then it kinda numbs the area and it gets way better.

Whats going on with the candy? Is it the sugar? Is this a route to a long term cure or just a way to deal with symptoms? It’s been really miraculous so far.
I don't think there is any miracles in Jolly Rancher candy. I think Ray Peat would be speechless answering your question. Just chalk it up as a fluke.

OP
A

aquila2009

I don't think there is any miracles in Jolly Rancher candy. I think Ray Peat would be speechless answering your question. Just chalk it up as a fluke.
Thanks for you reply. My question wasn’t if it would work, but why it works so well. Not a fluke.

B

BRBsavinWorld

There is research that Haidut and Ray have shared, showing table sugar heals. I would not doubt that the liquefying sugar in your mouth could be effecting inflammation.

Maybe try a mouthful of different sugars pushed against the spot under same time periods? ...maybe honey, white sugar, and juice.

Thanks for you reply. My question wasn’t if it would work, but why it works so well. Not a fluke.
Well if I had to take a guess I would think maybe it was the sugar. I know puting sugar or honey in a open would is very good to encourage healing. Sorry to discredit your question. There are just so many outlandish questions on this forum and I was thinking yours was one of them. I think maybe you are onto something.

Birdie

Which flavor was it ? I looked up the ingredients, but there are different flavors.

Sounds like some ingredient might have numbed the area after another ingredient first caused the pain. Then, maybe the sugar worked on the inflammation.
Very interesting !

OP
A

aquila2009

Well if I had to take a guess I would think maybe it was the sugar. I know puting sugar or honey in a open would is very good to encourage healing. Sorry to discredit your question. There are just so many outlandish questions on this forum and I was thinking yours was one of them. I think maybe you are onto something.
No problem.
Which flavor was it ? I looked up the ingredients, but there are different flavors.

Sounds like some ingredient might have numbed the area after another ingredient first caused the pain. Then, maybe the sugar worked on the inflammation.
Very interesting !
I’m thinking it was the sugar. I was reading how people used to put it on wounds as a healing and anti bacterial agent

Inaut

I've always noticed that jolly ranchers heat me up after eating. I never thought about the malic acid but it would be a contributor for sure. The sugar as well :)

HeyThere

Unless they are SOUR Jolly Ranchers, there is no Malic Acid in them. There is Citric Acid though.