Johnson's baby shampoo

J

j.

What are your thoughts on Johnson's baby shampoo to wash one's hair? Is it OK or at least less harmful?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
If I remember correctly I have heard some bad things about Johnsons baby shampoo.

chris

I've not washed my hair with anything close to 2 years now. It's very soft, very shiny and extremely low maintenance. Never gets greasy or smells no matter how long I leave it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ditto that Chris!

No poo rules! :lol:

jyb

chris said:
I've not washed my hair with anything close to 2 years now. It's very soft, very shiny and extremely low maintenance. Never gets greasy or smells no matter how long I leave it.

Don't you need to rince it occasionally?

I can now go about a week without washing my hair. I wash it with gentle soap then moisturize it with coconut oil (so, I don't ever use shampoo). The coconut oil makes it look greasy the first day as I use a generous amount of coconut oil, then it disappears. If that's a problem I think it would be possible to remove the excess coconut oil with a towel, or rinse it off, without changing the effect.

After a week, it doesn't really look greasy, but I wash because it tend to be scratchy. Maybe I should wait longer and see if it gets used to it.

chris

My hair just gets wet when I shower normally. I do not put anything other than water on my head.

southcesar

I use Johnson's baby shampoo to wash both my face and hair. I initially switched to sulfur soap to treat occasional acne, but eventually realized it only made it worse. When I returned to using baby shampoo on my face, the problems stopped.

I have doubts about whether the pH of the shampoo can influence hair loss. Could anyone clarify this?

Additionally, I wonder whether adding taurine, caffeine, nicotinamide, and rosemary essential oil to the shampoo could help prevent hair loss.