John McDougall Looks Awful

The McDougall Newsletter

Some interesting info for people interested in his bone and vascular health.
Nice, hadn't read that. I disagree with McDougall on some topics, but with regards to medicine and the medical business, I pretty much fully agree with what he says. It's nice having another voice that speaks out about the dangers of being under medical care and of common medical practices. He also is very pro- carb, which is also another thing that I agree with him on. While I was reading that article, I remembered something Ray had said about broken bones. Ray said that if he fractured a bone, he would rather go to farmer than to a doctor to fix it. I believe he mentioned a case of a friend of his whose doctor didn't fix the broken bone correctly and, as a consequence, the bone calcified inappropriately.

yerrag

Nice, hadn't read that. I disagree with McDougall on some topics, but with regards to medicine and the medical business, I pretty much fully agree with what he says. It's nice having another voice that speaks out about the dangers of being under medical care and of common medical practices. He also is very pro- carb, which is also another thing that I agree with him on. While I was reading that article, I remembered something Ray had said about broken bones. Ray said that if he fractured a bone, he would rather go to farmer than to a doctor to fix it. I believe he mentioned a case of a friend of his whose doctor didn't fix the broken bone correctly and, as a consequence, the bone calcified inappropriately.
Agree with him about how he regards cardiologists and how they approach all their patients. I suppose McDougall regards the plaque as a done deal, meaning it's hard to undo. I hope he's wrong as I'm trying to undo the plaque that's causing my hypertension and early stage CKD. Considering the danger in attempting to descale the plaque which may lead to embolism when large chunks should fall off, I don't blame him.

I think though that improving the zeta potential of blood would be helpful and safe. Currently making a solution that I can take to improve the zeta potential. @StephanF has a thread or two on the subject.

postman

Danny is looking and sounding a bit rough in his last couple of videos. It's almost like he's starting to develop the same "stuttery" speech patterns as Ray.

T

tca300

Danny is looking and sounding a bit rough in his last couple of videos. It's almost like he's starting to develop the same "stuttery" speech patterns as Ray.
I just watched a video he posted about ketosis 4 years ago. In my opinion he talks faster now and looks the same.

T

TheBeard

Ok I’ll start a new thread. In the meantime very short summary (I’m on my phone).

- the estradiol form of estrogen (E2) appears largely beneficial
- aromatase is a critical enzyme
- many of testosterones benefits are mediated via its conversion to estradiol..... in the tissue itself. Particularly the brain. Large density of aromatase in the hippocampus, crucial for memory.
- lowering or blocking these for no good reason doesn’t benefit health, it hampers it
- more recent data on transdermal E2 in older women shows large reductions in CVD, neurological illnesses, all cause mortality
- recent study in older men showed the only hormone correlated with lower biological age was E2. Higher the E2, the younger and healthier the markers showed the men were

Neuroprotection by the steroids pregnenolone and dehydroepiandrosterone is mediated by the enzyme aromatase. - PubMed - NCBI

Completely agree on the benefits of E2.

I never found anything positive from using exemestane apart from the good libido the first days due to the androgenic activity of its metabolites.

I think I depleted my aromatase in tissues although my serum E2 is normal.

Thinking of doing some scrotal T in DMSO to boost E2

Completely agree on the benefits of E2.

I never found anything positive from using exemestane apart from the good libido the first days due to the androgenic activity of its metabolites.

I think I depleted my aromatase in tissues although my serum E2 is normal.

Thinking of doing some scrotal T in DMSO to boost E2

I’m not going to debate this. There is huge evidence that E2 is a symptom of inflammation. Baseline needs to be there, just as cortisol does. But too much is bad, and mostly it’s bad. Very bad.

It increases speed of cell reproduction and is a carcinogen. We want to minimize our body’s need for E2.

Examestane is a drug. Dr. Peat has never recommended it to my knowledge.

This is a Ray Peat forum and one of the foundational things from Dr. Peat is that needing and having E2 is a symptom of inflammation and is itself very bad for us.

SOMO

There's a lot of factors that go into appearance.

I don't think we should judge someone based off their appearance.

Also eating healthy does not guarantee you will look like a model.

Goobz

You know we have shade down here, right?

I live in Australia too. If you’ve ever been to Europe, surely you’ve looked at the difference in the level of skin aging? I’m obviously referring to people of Caucasian heritage, like David Sinclair.

Sun exposure plays a huge rule in skin aging. Australian sun + European genetics... don’t have to be a genius to make the connection there.

InChristAlone

Agree with him about how he regards cardiologists and how they approach all their patients. I suppose McDougall regards the plaque as a done deal, meaning it's hard to undo. I hope he's wrong as I'm trying to undo the plaque that's causing my hypertension and early stage CKD. Considering the danger in attempting to descale the plaque which may lead to embolism when large chunks should fall off, I don't blame him.

I think though that improving the zeta potential of blood would be helpful and safe. Currently making a solution that I can take to improve the zeta potential. @StephanF has a thread or two on the subject.
Id hate for you to die waiting to see if you can fix this, do you know how clogged your arteries are? Have you considered bypass surgery if it's severe enough? I know they usually do those after a heart attack but why wait if you know you have a clog?

yerrag

Id hate for you to die waiting to see if you can fix this, do you know how clogged your arteries are? Have you considered bypass surgery if it's severe enough? I know they usually do those after a heart attack but why wait if you know you have a clog?
Appreciate very much the concern sugarbabe.

I know enough to know that my hypertension comes from my kidneys, and the the problem is just as much a kidney problem as much as it is a cardiovascular problem, with plaque restricting the flow of blood in the glomerular capillaries of the kidneys. Though it's reasonable to think the entire vascular system is affected, I think that the plaque is more severe in the kidneys, given that a large portion (near a quarter) of blood flow goes to the kidneys and the plaque is worst at the kidneys, considering how much blood flows to the small organs.

ECG's are fine though, so heart is okay. My ESR is very low, which means my blood is flowing well, and there's no need for blood thinning drugs. So the chance of embolism is low. I'd also hate to go to a cardiologist, given their track record to be "on the 'official and un-sue-able' safe side of things," which just means they're safe from lawsuits and what they do to you is not necessarily what they would advise their own parents to undergo. They would discover so many things and it would just be the start of my nightmare. My attitude towards them is just like McDougall's.

That said, I'm making sure my blood flow is good, such that my blood vessels won't be susceptible to blockage resulting from agglomeration, be it from the blood or from plaques coming off. However, there's no way to tell how gentle my approach is in dissolving the clots. So there is evident risk, but I prefer to die at my own sword than to slowly die at their hands, even if at their hands it may be an instant death.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

I know enough to know that my hypertension comes from my kidneys, and the the problem is just as much a kidney problem as much as it is a cardiovascular problem, with plaque restricting the flow of blood in the glomerular capillaries of the kidneys. Though it's reasonable to think the entire vascular system is affected, I think that the plaque is more severe in the kidneys, given that a large portion (near a quarter) of blood flow goes to the kidneys and the plaque is worst at the kidneys, considering how much blood flows to the small organs.

ECG's are fine though, so heart is okay. My ESR is very low, which means my blood is flowing well, and there's no need for blood thinning drugs. So the chance of embolism is low. I'd also hate to go to a cardiologist, given their track record to be "on the 'official and un-sue-able' safe side of things," which just means they're safe from lawsuits and what they do to you is not necessarily what they would advise their own parents to undergo. They would discover so many things and it would just be the start of my nightmare. My attitude towards them is just like McDougall's.

That said, I'm making sure my blood flow is good, such that my blood vessels won't be susceptible to blockage resulting from agglomeration, be it from the blood or from plaques coming off. However, there's no way to tell how gentle my approach is in dissolving the clots. So there is evident risk, but I prefer to die at my own sword than to slowly die at their hands, even if at their hands it may be an instant death.
That is good to hear, and I completely understand not wanting to get sucked in to a system that will have to do all kinds of procedures on you to cover their butts. My Mom gets hounded for her cholesterol and it's not even that high, doctors don't want to see patients with risks factors. I hope you can figure out how to clean out the capillaries safely.

Ledo

The McDougall Newsletter

Some interesting info for people interested in his bone and vascular health.

Its always unsettling to run into studies like Mccdougal posted via the 2 charts in his newsletter from above. From the first chart:

CHANCE OF 50% OR GREATER CLOSURE OF ONE OR MORE CORONARY ARTERIES IN MEN UNDER THE AGE OF FORTY BASED ON CHOLESTEROL LEVELS

Cholesterol (mg/dL) - % of positive angiograms

less than 200 - 20
201-225 - 38
226-250 - 48
251-275 - 60
276-300 - 77
301-350 - 80
greater than 350 - 91

Click on red link from my copied chart1 info to go to firts study or go to the newsletter then the study from TCA 's quote

The amount of cholesterol in the blood is directly related to the intensity of hypothyroidism one is suffering from

ShotTrue

I’m not going to debate this. There is huge evidence that E2 is a symptom of inflammation. Baseline needs to be there, just as cortisol does. But too much is bad, and mostly it’s bad. Very bad.

It increases speed of cell reproduction and is a carcinogen. We want to minimize our body’s need for E2.

Examestane is a drug. Dr. Peat has never recommended it to my knowledge.

This is a Ray Peat forum and one of the foundational things from Dr. Peat is that needing and having E2 is a symptom of inflammation and is itself very bad for us.
I need to see his writings. I think excess E2 causes inflammation, no doubt about that.
From what I've read 17-30 is an ideal range of estrogen in men. Too low estrogen causing hairloss, anhedonia, loss of muscle mass, fatigue, loss of water in joints and skin, disruption of calcium metabloism.
Are we sure we are not reading Ray's worries about excess estrogen? What kind of levels of E2 does Ray have?
To be fair I have yet to read, to my memory, the part about him saying estrogen is bad for you entirely.
Further, men with aromatase deficiency as a disease find it to be a fatal one.
Another problem is low estrogen typically results from aromatase inhibitor use and that is a drug that some feel may lower progesterone, or other effects.
I myself have never felt alright below 17 E2

ShotTrue

Your best best to remove the calcium plaques is mk7 with Vit D and magesnium, and for fibrosis nattokinase is a very effective enzyme, it is superior to serrapeptase when it comes to clearing out blood vessels

yerrag

Your best best to remove the calcium plaques is mk7 with Vit D and magesnium, and for fibrosis nattokinase is a very effective enzyme, it is superior to serrapeptase when it comes to clearing out blood vessels
I agree. I'd add vitamin b6 but Dr. Wong, the maker of ZymEssence, has spoken against nattokinase. His complaint was not nattokinase isn't self-limiting and lysing can go to excess with it. He prefers serrapeptidase over it yet his formula still incorporates serra as part of a blend of enzymes such as pancreatic, bromelain and papain.

ShotTrue

I agree. I'd add vitamin b6 but Dr. Wong, the maker of ZymEssence, has spoken against nattokinase. His complaint was not nattokinase isn't self-limiting and lysing can go to excess with it. He prefers serrapeptidase over it yet his formula still incorporates serra as part of a blend of enzymes such as pancreatic, bromelain and papain.
Ah, I see you are well versed. I don't even know what lysing is. Hope it goes well

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals