John McDougall Looks Awful

T

TheBeard

Apart from his neck he looks fine for a 72 year old. He may have had issues with his neck or jaw, leading to loose skin, who knows.

Judging off looks mostly just leads to confirmation bias in my opinion.

If you’re going to judge from looks, then the youngest person for his age I’ve seen is Dr David Sinclair. He has been taking high doses of resveratrol for many years, and looks very young without a single gray hair at 50. And he grew up in Australia where the harsh sun tends to age ones skin much faster.

But I don’t see people here doing that, since Ray Peat doesn’t approve of resveratrol, or estrogen like substances (I personally am unsure about resveratrol, but RP seems quite off to me with his views on estrogen so wouldn’t surprise me if resveratrol was mostly beneficial).

Sinclair does look close to 50, he just has a boyish look that he’ll probably never loose, probably due to a lack of androgens between birth and teens.

The photo is descent and he does indeed look as aged and worn as one could be, let,s be honest!
We don,t know, however, how,s his general health, strenght, stamina, flexibility, bowel m/nts, body temp, does he get the boners every morn etc etc etc., so it,s hard to judge. I wouldn,t put him on the cover of a health article, tho, no matter what.

B. Clinton looks like a dead man, sure.

Gregger - look his arms size, it says everything.

Mr Trump had medical check recently and was given excellent, and i believe that might be true. He,s got some bags under eyes, but he,s 72... Plus, with a woman like Melania, one MUST stay healthy...

Sisson is most probably on the juice.
Sisson admited that he was indeed on testosterone replacement therapy. With his low carb diet raising cortisol, he surely wouldn't look very good without TRT, since cortisol lowers testosterone.

ilikecats

cover-image.png

Whoah this man is supposed to be 52 years old... name is Chuando Tan. Searched "youngest looking old person" and found him.

cover-image.png

Whoah this man is supposed to be 52 years old... name is Chuando Tan. Searched "youngest looking old person" and found him.
I found out about him a month or two ago, and I was shocked too! I read he does dye his hair, but even then he still looks quite good. A lot of muscle mass. I think he used to be a model when he was younger.

LiveWire

58882D60-874D-4AF8-9816-651486BAE295.jpeg

Well how about this guy then? In this picture he look to be in his forties at most, not much of a muscle tone, signs of gynecomastia, and his protruding gut indicates hormonal imbalance, most likely cortisol and estrogen driven. Which is strange because he’s know to be a pretty strict follower of the Ray Peat diet principles.

Last edited:

yerrag

View attachment 13488

Well how about this guy then? In this picture he look to be in his forties at most, not much of a muscle tone, signs of gynecomastia, and his protruding gut indicates hormonal imbalance, most likely cortisol and estrogen driven. Which is strange because he’s know to be a pretty strict follower of the Ray Peat diet principles.
A 70s Kodak picture in an Oregon orchard, wonder who that could be but may well be the progenitor of Homo Peatocus.

He certainly isn't buff because he prefers to exercise his brain on research and on writing to share what he can synthesize out of his research. There's some flab in the midsection but more likely he's content as a cow and regards himself no different from a fit gorilla with a slight rotundity in the waist. Not overweight nor obese by any metric. Hmmm, I wonder if he knew he's going to outlive many of his contemporaries and continue to be prolific with his writing unto his 80s and beyond.

LiveWire

A 70s Kodak picture in an Oregon orchard, wonder who that could be but may well be the progenitor of Homo Peatocus.

He certainly isn't buff because he prefers to exercise his brain on research and on writing to share what he can synthesize out of his research. There's some flab in the midsection but more likely he's content as a cow and regards himself no different from a fit gorilla with a slight rotundity in the waist. Not overweight nor obese by any metric. Hmmm, I wonder if he knew he's going to outlive many of his contemporaries and continue to be prolific with his writing unto his 80s and beyond.

McDougall secretly wishes he could also get such an easy pass from you..

yerrag

McDougall secretly wishes he could also get such an easy pass from you..
That's the job of his rabid followers..;-) Too bad this isn't the McDougall forum though

sladerunner69

Apart from his neck he looks fine for a 72 year old. He may have had issues with his neck or jaw, leading to loose skin, who knows.

Judging off looks mostly just leads to confirmation bias in my opinion.

If you’re going to judge from looks, then the youngest person for his age I’ve seen is Dr David Sinclair. He has been taking high doses of resveratrol for many years, and looks very young without a single gray hair at 50. And he grew up in Australia where the harsh sun tends to age ones skin much faster.

But I don’t see people here doing that, since Ray Peat doesn’t approve of resveratrol, or estrogen like substances (I personally am unsure about resveratrol, but RP seems quite off to me with his views on estrogen so wouldn’t surprise me if resveratrol was mostly beneficial).

Your stance on estrogen is what, exactly?

yerrag

I’m sure some fat around the middle is protective in aging men.

A lot of men who are very lean and thin end up dead.

In the “old days” (look at old movies, TV shows and photos) you can see how thin people were. And they didn’t live very long either.

I see men as old as in their 90s who are a bit overweight and doing fine.

Vinny

Sinclair does look close to 50, he just has a boyish look that he’ll probably never loose, probably due to a lack of androgens between birth and teens.
I absoluely agree.

Vinny

Sisson admited that he was indeed on testosterone replacement therapy. With his low carb diet raising cortisol, he surely wouldn't look very good without TRT, since cortisol lowers testosterone.
He did wise to admit it.
One day i may be too on TRT, who knows...

Ron J

I’m sure some fat around the middle is protective in aging men.

A lot of men who are very lean and thin end up dead.

In the “old days” (look at old movies, TV shows and photos) you can see how thin people were. And they didn’t live very long either.

I see men as old as in their 90s who are a bit overweight and doing fine.
I remember reading a thread with a similar conclusion, but I think it may have been the added muscle mass of weight gain and moving that extra weight around. I think the body needs to use its muscles to keep its hormonal and physical integrity.

I remember reading a thread with a similar conclusion, but I think it may have been the added muscle mass of weight gain and moving that extra weight around. I think the body needs to use its muscles to keep its hormonal and physical integrity.

yes I agree with that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals