Joe Rogan Carnivore Diet Update

T

tca300

Just in case people weren't aware, Joe also takes Armour Thyroid.

RWilly

Last edited:

RWilly

Rogan went gray in his beard recently, and he apparently has an knee injury which has limited his ability to exercise.

Sounds like a copper deficiency. Not much copper in that carnivore diet (unless he is eating liver).

theLaw

Sounds like a copper deficiency. Not much copper in that carnivore diet (unless he is eating liver).

He's mentioned liver as one of his staples, but I think he's mostly focused on muscle meats.

T

TheBeard

Or we could assume he has fallen for a sort of "fad diet" like many other people do for various reasons. Not saying I have never done it, but I approach diet more sensibly/scientifically than just on whether one could argue how much personal sense it might make for one taking an interest in it initially (look at arguments for people on veganism being good; paleo; Med-diets; etc.). Also, because some people deliberately and blindly pursue some diets under the reasoning of, "OMG, meat! Let's eat tons of it because it's good," it's not really always correct if everyone followed their gut instinct for their own sake exactly. If so, I guess all of those obese, diabetic, PUFA-laden people are also 'correct' for following their instincts and food guidance. But I don't see the point in this argument. I don't think I said anything too argumentative, did I?

Or it could be because he's "aging" faster than he could otherwise -- but who would ever conceive of such a thing. He obviously only looks older because he's 52 -- no further questions needed! I forgot that every 52 year old person or 'X year old' looks the same aging-wise. I mean this isn't an attack on him -- I'm just being objective. I have nothing against him personally -- I just notice that he looks more noticeably worn out in some ways that may not substantiate well with him being 52.

If his health has worsened and that's his desire to try this I don't think he's going to make much improvement on a long-term carnivore diet -- especially considering the stereotypical carnivore diet is loads of steaks/muscle meat, bacon, even more extra PUFA probably, etc. It is basically replacing almost everything you'd eat with meat of some sort, with few exceptions like milk/some dairy in some possible cases. The problem is that these diets have more of a forbidden attitude toward carbs, whereas high carb consumption generally has stronger ties with longevity and heart health, etc. Carnivore to me has the sense of fad to it in that it views sugar/carbs as "evil" more, which is the same extreme side that the vegan/vegetarian diets have toward meat and its consumption excess (certain amino excess) having other health problems as well.

Dude, relax. He's just going to try it, and if he likes it, he'll go on with it. Simple as that

Rendered fat can cause issue. Also gallbladder. Adaptation to the high fat intake, enzymes regulation / lypase.
Can't remember, but this is well known in the community.
Also has to do with fiber and bile acids. Fiber seems to absorb some of the bile acids which can be harsh to the intestines - similar to diarrhea from coffee. GI doctors usually prescribe cholestyramine - it binds the bile acids and treats the diarrhea. In this case activated charcoal should work.

Last edited:
Also has to do with fiber and bile salts. Fiber seems to absorb some of the bile salts which can be harsh to the intestines - similar to diarrhea from coffee. GI doctors usually prescribe cholestyramine - it binds the bile salts and treats the diarrhea. In this case activated charcoal should work.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
The gut microbe balance will start to change and shift without any plant material as well. Probably some critters are dying and being flushed out.

T

TheBeard

The gut microbe balance will start to change and shift without any plant material as well. Probably some critters are dying and being flushed out.

Can attest to that.
Yesterday marked the 7th day of me eating nothing but raw eggs, raw meat and raw dairy, and my traditional bout of diarrhea after raw milk flushed three long parasites

Markus

Can attest to that.
Yesterday marked the 7th day of me eating nothing but raw eggs, raw meat and raw dairy, and my traditional bout of diarrhea after raw milk flushed three long parasites
Sounds like good ***t :).

B

Braveheart

Can attest to that.

they call the lone animal product diet the ultimate elimination diet...looks like elimination in more ways than one...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Can attest to that.
I’m not sure if that calls for congratulations or condolences Mr. Beard.

sebastian_r

After getting reminded of the carnivore diet day in and day out on social media with Joes success, I decided to give it another try.

Joe Rogan on Instagram: “Carnivore diet update: lost 12 pounds, feel amazing. Lots of aches and pains went away, and I have improvements in my vitiligo. I’m…”

The last time I tried it I was eating lots of beef and my energy wasn't great. This time I eat various types of meat....beef, pork, duck, chicken whatever comes to mind.

Just a couple of days in and my eye floaters are all gone.
Itchy scalp is gone.
Mental clarity is tremendous.
Energy is good and stable.

Last edited:
After getting reminded of the carnivore diet day in and day out on social media with Joes success, I decided to give it another try.

Joe Rogan on Instagram: “Carnivore diet update: lost 12 pounds, feel amazing. Lots of aches and pains went away, and I have improvements in my vitiligo. I’m…”

The last time I tried it I was eating lots of beef and my energy wasn't great. This time I eat various types of meat....beef, pork, duck, chicken whatever comes to mind.

Just a couple of days in and my eye floaters are all gone.
Itchy scalp is gone.
Mental clarity is tremendous.
Energy is good and stable.
Were you making sure to keep your fat to protein ratio high? Many people seem to eat too much protein on the carnivore diet. Eating between 20% and 30% of your calories from protein is enough. The rest should be from fat.

Great to hear those improvements!

It's really interesting how Joe's belly is so much flatter. Shawn Baker said that it was visceral fat, but isn't it more likely that it was water retention? It improved a lot compared to how he was before.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals