Ray Peat Interview Jodellefit - Ray Peat Q&A

I saw some of this earlier when she uploaded and it was okay.

Don't know what else they went in to discussion about since the beginning was just exercise -- but supposedly she was going to ask him questions about reversing aging I think. I'll have to keep watching the rest some time.

RayPeatFan777

He no longer recommends milk powder because the process that powder goes through to make it flow better, covers the product in nanoparticles which are inflammatory and cancerous. He said he has used hundred's of lbs of Milk Powder over the years but doesn't anymore.

Inaut

I found the part where he discussed why he wouldn't use MSM quite funny (poor lady). A woman exploded in the hospital when doctors cut her open due to too much gas(hydrogen sulfide maybe?). Apparently, she was treating her cancer with massive amounts of MSM and boom...goes the dynamite as they say.

Also, his exercise test once every 10 years makes me laugh out loud every time he describes it :)

Take away....if you want to exercise---move to the country and chop wood all day...My dream for early retirement

boris

He no longer recommends milk powder because the process that powder goes through to make it flow better, covers the product in nanoparticles which are inflammatory and cancerous. He said he has used hundred's of lbs of Milk Powder over the years but doesn't anymore.

Worst part. Nanoparticles are basically unregulated. Companies don't have to specifiy them. They are basically in everything nowadays from fridges to f*****g socks.

Dave Clark

Often people will hear Peat say negative things about something without realizing it is not across the board, or representative of every scenario with the substance. For instance, just because that woman with cancer went crazy with MSM and exploded doesn't mean MSM is bad, dose makes the poison, many people get good results from 'proper' MSM usage. Also, if you are buying/using a colostrum powder from a reputable producer that does not use mass marketing techniques, etc. in production, colostrum can be a very healthy addition to a supplement regimen, however, people will hear this and stop using it, when all they have to do is find a good source. Bottom line, a few bad apples don't spoil the whole bunch, seek out and buy quality, and don't be too quick to believe something is bad based on a few people's bad experiences.

agreed. Anecdotal stories don't constitute well reasoned opinions.

But I take it that Dr. Peat isn't an MSM fan.

Also, there is more on this about vitamin C and why it is allergenic for some. I have wonderful results with vitamin C myself.

LuMonty

I'll throw in my two cents as well for MSM; I typically use 4 grams a day and take a day or two off if I feel queasy. It's the only thing that has helped heal my gut and kill of parasites, after the first round of pharmaceuticals. Plus it healed a tendon that hadn't healed in almost ten years and it's great for hair. The only issue I've encountered with MSM is needing lots more copper to the point I've had to supplement occasionally. It also seems that coffee potentiates it beyond the amount of sulfur it contains so I don't have to use much and it's way less harsh than sulfur USP, though the latter is very effective.

I'll throw in my two cents as well for MSM; I typically use 4 grams a day and take a day or two off if I feel queasy. It's the only thing that has helped heal my gut and kill of parasites, after the first round of pharmaceuticals. Plus it healed a tendon that hadn't healed in almost ten years and it's great for hair. The only issue I've encountered with MSM is needing lots more copper to the point I've had to supplement occasionally. It also seems that coffee potentiates it beyond the amount of sulfur it contains so I don't have to use much and it's way less harsh than sulfur USP, though the latter is very effective.

Very interesting.
your experience with copper is also interesting to me.
what type did you use?Any overt benefits or more lab-improvements?

Peatful

I stan Peat.

❤️

Last edited:

LuMonty

Very interesting.
your experience with copper is also interesting to me.
what type did you use?Any overt benefits or more lab-improvements?
I use copper gluconate, 2mg at a time typically. I have some orthodontic work that needs to come out, and I'm allergic to the metal. By using copper to destroy the extra histamine, I find it easier to let my body balance things rather than use antihistamine medication long-term (I've had histamine issues all of my life and it's no fun to have to cycle antihistamines or try to "counter" their bad efects). As for testing, I hadn't considered it.

I use copper gluconate, 2mg at a time typically. I have some orthodontic work that needs to come out, and I'm allergic to the metal. By using copper to destroy the extra histamine, I find it easier to let my body balance things rather than use antihistamine medication long-term (I've had histamine issues all of my life and it's no fun to have to cycle antihistamines or try to "counter" their bad efects). As for testing, I hadn't considered it.

+1 nice.
Does this dose in your opinion has an noticeable effect on histamine-related conditions or well-being,
or is it more of a safety-measure?

LuMonty

+1 nice.
Does this dose in your opinion has an noticeable effect on histamine-related conditions or well-being,
or is it more of a safety-measure?
In my case, because the histamine is a high amount and chronic, it's both. My breathing drastically improves. As a safeguard, copper works better for me because it destroys the histamine. An antihistamine medication simply blocks the histamine from taking effect, so it still has to be flushed out. So the copper keeps me from having to flush out histamine all the time which is very draining. I originally started trying copper because antihistamines were slowing down my digestion too much. Copper seems to be rate-limited well enough that I avoid the bad side effects of the OTC stuff.

In my case, because the histamine is a high amount and chronic, it's both. My breathing drastically improves. As a safeguard, copper works better for me because it destroys the histamine. An antihistamine medication simply blocks the histamine from taking effect, so it still has to be flushed out. So the copper keeps me from having to flush out histamine all the time which is very draining. I originally started trying copper because antihistamines were slowing down my digestion too much. Copper seems to be rate-limited well enough that I avoid the bad side effects of the OTC stuff.

+1 that makes you smart!

to reduce Histamine by raising Copper and thus diaminooxidase is healthy,i agree to not consume
histamine-antagonists,they are receptor-specific and there can be more substrate available for the non-
antagonized Histaminic Receptors,which causes lack of equilibrium.

Histamine-Rise is also discussed as one of the earliest signs of copper deficiency,as a diagnostic sign,so consuming it is the way to go.

For further improvement,up to 4mg is possible and safe,and histamine can also get further reduced by
Vitamin B6 up to 20mg,but can deplete zinc through chelation-like interaction..Breathing improves by low salt diet,
for asthma-like disorder there was a 30% reduction in needed pharms.

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.473.3627&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Dietary salt, airway inflammation, and diffusion capacity in exercise-induced asthma.
Mickleborough TD1, Lindley MR, Ray S.
Author information
Human Performance and Exercise Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47401, USA. [email protected]
Abstract
PURPOSE:
Recent studies have supported a role for dietary salt as a modifier of the severity of exercise-induced asthma. The main aim of this study was to demarcate a possible mechanism by which dietary salt modification may alter exercise-induced airway narrowing in asthmatic patients.

METHODS:
Twenty-four patients participated in a randomized, double-blind crossover study. Subjects entered the study on their normal salt diet (NSD) and were then placed on either a low-salt diet (LSD) or high-salt diet (HSD) for 2 wk with a 1-wk washout period occurring between diets. Pre- and postexercise spirometry, pulmonary diffusion capacity (DLCO) and its subdivisions, and induced sputum were obtained on the NSD and at the end of each 2-wk treatment period (LSD and HSD).

RESULTS:
FEV1 decreased by 7.9 +/- 2.8% on LSD, 18.3 +/- 4.0% on NSD, and 27.4 +/- 3.2% on HSD at 20 min postexercise. The NSD and HSD induced significant reductions (P < 0.05) in DLCO and its subdivisions. However, postexercise pulmonary capillary blood volume significantly increased (P < 0.05) by 6.3 and 9.6 mL on NSD and HSD, respectively, compared with baseline values, with no significant change (P > 0.05) being observed on LSD. Postexercise-induced sputum neutrophil and eosinophil differential cell counts and induced sputum supernatant concentration of eosinophil cationic protein, interleukin (IL)-1beta, IL-8, leukotriene (LT) C(4)-E(4), LTB(4), and prostaglandin D(2) were significantly elevated (P < 0.05) on NSD and HSD compared with LSD.

CONCLUSION:
Our findings indicate that dietary salt loading enhances airway inflammation following exercise in asthmatic subjects, and that small salt-dependent changes in vascular volume and microvascular pressure might have substantial effects on airway function following exercise in the face of mediator-induced increased vascular permeability.

LuMonty

+1 that makes you smart!

to reduce Histamine by raising Copper and thus diaminooxidase is healthy,i agree to not consume
histamine-antagonists,they are receptor-specific and there can be more substrate available for the non-
antagonized Histaminic Receptors,which causes lack of equilibrium.

Histamine-Rise is also discussed as one of the earliest signs of copper deficiency,as a diagnostic sign,so consuming it is the way to go.

For further improvement,up to 4mg is possible and safe,and histamine can also get further reduced by
Vitamin B6 up to 20mg,but can deplete zinc through chelation-like interaction..Breathing improves by low salt diet,
for asthma-like disorder there was a 30% reduction in needed pharms.
Well, I've had a lifetime to learn what works. B6 and zinc I don't usually supplement. For me, it seems to be a delicate balance and too much of either really messes me up. I'm familiar with the idea of low salt, but my experience tells me it's the opposite, within reason.

Hans

Forum Supporter
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.473.3627&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Dietary salt, airway inflammation, and diffusion capacity in exercise-induced asthma.
Mickleborough TD1, Lindley MR, Ray S.
Author information
Human Performance and Exercise Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47401, USA. [email protected]
Abstract
PURPOSE:
Recent studies have supported a role for dietary salt as a modifier of the severity of exercise-induced asthma. The main aim of this study was to demarcate a possible mechanism by which dietary salt modification may alter exercise-induced airway narrowing in asthmatic patients.

METHODS:
Twenty-four patients participated in a randomized, double-blind crossover study. Subjects entered the study on their normal salt diet (NSD) and were then placed on either a low-salt diet (LSD) or high-salt diet (HSD) for 2 wk with a 1-wk washout period occurring between diets. Pre- and postexercise spirometry, pulmonary diffusion capacity (DLCO) and its subdivisions, and induced sputum were obtained on the NSD and at the end of each 2-wk treatment period (LSD and HSD).

RESULTS:
FEV1 decreased by 7.9 +/- 2.8% on LSD, 18.3 +/- 4.0% on NSD, and 27.4 +/- 3.2% on HSD at 20 min postexercise. The NSD and HSD induced significant reductions (P < 0.05) in DLCO and its subdivisions. However, postexercise pulmonary capillary blood volume significantly increased (P < 0.05) by 6.3 and 9.6 mL on NSD and HSD, respectively, compared with baseline values, with no significant change (P > 0.05) being observed on LSD. Postexercise-induced sputum neutrophil and eosinophil differential cell counts and induced sputum supernatant concentration of eosinophil cationic protein, interleukin (IL)-1beta, IL-8, leukotriene (LT) C(4)-E(4), LTB(4), and prostaglandin D(2) were significantly elevated (P < 0.05) on NSD and HSD compared with LSD.

CONCLUSION:
Our findings indicate that dietary salt loading enhances airway inflammation following exercise in asthmatic subjects, and that small salt-dependent changes in vascular volume and microvascular pressure might have substantial effects on airway function following exercise in the face of mediator-induced increased vascular permeability.
Does the study specific if they remove added salt or just salty food in general? Salty food such as chips and other baked goodies will promote inflammation and it's not the salt that is responsible. I'd like to see a well controlled study where they eat exactly the same group but one group had added sea salt.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Have you had the same benefit from copper rich food such as liver or oysters, or only from direct supplementation?
I get chronic sinus if my copper drops too low and liver fixes that for me.