Jodellefit - How To Fix Your Digestion & Poop

tallglass13

Ray Peat diet is so wide, compared to what we mostly think. Ray stated that Oat bran is good for a cleaning , but not to be used everyday for 30 years. That statement leads me to think, the diet can have so many things other than OJ , Milk and liver.

theLaw

Ray Peat diet is so wide, compared to what we mostly think. Ray stated that Oat bran is good for a cleaning , but not to be used everyday for 30 years. That statement leads me to think, the diet can have so many things other than OJ , Milk and liver.

100%

This also falls under the "lesser of the evils" heading for those looking for good transition foods. Nearly everyone enjoys cereal + milk, so this opens up some more options short term.

ExCarniv

100%

This also falls under the "lesser of the evils" heading for those looking for good transition foods. Nearly everyone enjoys cereal + milk, so this opens up some more options short term.

Potatoes is other that falls under "lesser of the evils"
Mashed potatoes is almost a complete meal (with milk and butter) and Peat praised the good balance of aminoacids.

I don't think is sustainable/advisable to do Milk/OJ for more that a month as a quick fix for gut and health problems.

Then if you healed or your gut is not severely compromised you have potatoes, red meat, eggs, cheese etc

In the case of oats, oat bran gives me horrible stomach pain every time I try them, so I avoid completely, but if someone tolerate them, could be a good addition once in a while.

yerrag

I listened to it on Castbox player while driving. I couldn't take notes but find this interview covers many things new to me. Ray Peat spoke well of fiber in this interview, as he spoke of fiber absorbing endotoxins to keep the endotoxin in bile from recirculating. So if this fiber can absorb endotoxins, am I right to think this form of fiber is soluble? Or can insoluble fiber still be able to absorb endotoxins?

He has also talked about the cause of gallstones but I couldn't write it down without misinterpreting him. It still is related to low thyroid, and he talks of cholesterol being part of the sludge that turns into stones in the gallbladder.

I've listened to this interview twice as I keep missing salient parts in it as when driving my mind easily gets distracted. I get distracted with my own thoughts as well.

But I like JodelleFit's interview as she has good questions and it's a change from the hodge-podge and unfiltered nature of The Herb Doctors. The downside is you don't get the chance to ask questions.

Amazoniac

I listened to it on Castbox player while driving. I couldn't take notes but find this interview covers many things new to me. Ray Peat spoke well of fiber in this interview, as he spoke of fiber absorbing endotoxins to keep the endotoxin in bile from recirculating. So if this fiber can absorb endotoxins, am I right to think this form of fiber is soluble? Or can insoluble fiber still be able to absorb endotoxins?

He has also talked about the cause of gallstones but I couldn't write it down without misinterpreting him. It still is related to low thyroid, and he talks of cholesterol being part of the sludge that turns into stones in the gallbladder.

I've listened to this interview twice as I keep missing salient parts in it as when driving my mind easily gets distracted. I get distracted with my own thoughts as well.

But I like JodelleFit's interview as she has good questions and it's a change from the hodge-podge and unfiltered nature of The Herb Doctors. The downside is you don't get the chance to ask questions.
upload_2019-9-23_12-53-2.png
:lol:
Source: the internet.

- Chylomicrons enhance endotoxin excretion in bile

"Once taken up by hepatocytes, endotoxin appears to be secreted into bile (29, 31, 52). Maitra et al. found that the quantity of endotoxin excreted via the biliary system was small (<1% of the injected dose recovered at 3 h and <7% of the injected dose recovered at 48 h) (29). However, other investigators demonstrated that up to 60% of an intravenous load of radiolabeled endotoxin can be recovered in the stools of rats (15-17, 27, 28), suggesting that a significant portion of endotoxin processed in vivo is ultimately secreted into the gut, presumably via bile."

"The rate of endotoxin excretion into the bile [in our experiment] was greater than that found by Maitra et al. (29), who used the 3-hydroxymyristic acid of lipid A as a marker. The increased biliary excretion of endotoxin in our study may be explained by several observations. First, the dose of endotoxin we used (7 ug/fkg) was significantly less than that used by Maitra et al. (170 to 540 pug/kg) (29). Other investigators have shown that the fraction of an intravenous endotoxin load initially cleared by the liver decreases as the dose of endotoxin increases (5, 38). Thus, when lower doses of endotoxin are used, the liver may process a greater proportion of the circulating endotoxin and excrete it into the bile. Second, variation in the labeling method may account for some of the differences."

"Our gel electrophoresis and Limulus assay data suggest that endotoxin is modified by some compound(s) in bile, so that its electrophoretic mobility on agarose gel is altered and its activity is reduced. Our findings are consistent with those of previous investigators, who have demonstrated that bile salts disaggregate endotoxin and decrease its pyrogenicity in a reversible fashion (39). The electrophoretic patterns of endotoxin in bile collected in vivo and endotoxin incubated in bile in vitro were similar, suggesting that the increase in electrophoretic mobility of endotoxin in bile is attributable to modification of endotoxin by substances in bile rather than extensive degradation of the endotoxin molecule by hepatocytes. Freudenberg and Galanos have shown that partial deacylation of endotoxin does occur in the liver but that the toxic properties of the molecule (pyrogenicity, lethality, local Schwartzman reaction, and Limulus activity) are retained after hepatic processing (14). Our Limulus assay data show that endotoxin is inactive in the presence of bile, a finding that is consistent with that of other investigators (29, 39, 52). After extraction, however, the excreted endotoxin retained its activity. This is further evidence against extensive hepatic degradation of endotoxin prior to biliary excretion. Although limitations in the Limulus assay prevent quantitation of small reductions in endotoxin activity in bile, our data, and those of others, suggest that endotoxin is excreted into the gut with at least a portion of its intrinsic activity intact but that its toxic properties are mitigated by bile and the intestinal mucosal barrier."

"[..]during gram-negative sepsis, only a fraction of endotoxin may be released from bacterial wall membranes (4, 44). Depending on their size, bacterial membrane fragments may not bind as readily to lipoproteins (4, 36), which would render lipoproteins less effective in modifying the host response to gram-negative sepsis. In addition, extrinsic labeling of endotoxin may cause minor alterations in its metabolism, although many investigators have shown endotoxin uptake by the liver and excretion in bile by using a variety of labels (29, 31, 52). It remains to be determined whether TG-rich lipoproteins would lessen the toxicity of endotoxin generated endogenously during polymicrobial gram-negative sepsis."​

this is one of the most interesting interviews.

Endotoxins cause heart disease, stroke, COPD etc etc etc

Just putting cotton into rectum (medical school students in an experiment) caused headaches. Endotoxins slow the gut. Most of us have bacteria in the small intestine, some all the way through not just the last half.

Anticholinergics antihistamines decrease saliva, causes lots of cavities quickly.

How reverse peristalsis is common and responsible for that bad taste in our mouth in the morning (yuck yuck double ick)

High estrogen causes intestinal spasms that can block the bile duct and cause stones. All people with gallbladder problems are hypothyroid, basically.

Discussed the role of fiber in soaking up endotoxins.

Oat bran breaks down into bowel carcinogens, fiber breakdown products.

Wheat bran doesn't break down the way oat bran does. Cellulose as fiber is resistant to bacterial breakdown so it functions mechanically, cleaning out, stimulating peristalsis and removing endotoxins.

Lactic acid tends to be produced from soluble fibers and is inflammatory and contributes to systemic problems.

He seems to have good things to say about soil-based probiotics (camel dung, lol) with B. Subtilis as very strong antibiotics. May account for the benefit of raw milk. Antibacterials are good for your colon.

A good inert fiber speeds up gut motility dramatically, especially with some antibiotic action.

Carrot salad

Bamboo shoots well boiled (only a little harmless cyanide, LOL)

Well cooked mushrooms

Short term use - well cooked oat or wheat bran is okay for acute use (not chronic long term use)

Eating a seed such as a bean has a high percentage of protein but it isn't really high quality. It is the precursors. Gluten is ONE of these storage proteins.

Soaking to sprouting stage helps a lot. 2.5X more protein of actual food value from soaking the seed to the point of sprouting.

Potatoes have higher than 100% protein (egg=100) having materials that can use ammonia groups that are wasted ordinarily in the bodies, to produce very high quality protein. "More than perfect."

Key point: avoid anxiety. Don't eat while anxious.

Milk facilitates digestion (Note: in my experience milk slows down gut transit and I'm struggling mightily with this because I like milk otherwise but it is very constipating...)

Peatful

Thank you Hampsterman!

Korven

this is one of the most interesting interviews.

Endotoxins cause heart disease, stroke, COPD etc etc etc

Just putting cotton into rectum (medical school students in an experiment) caused headaches. Endotoxins slow the gut. Most of us have bacteria in the small intestine, some all the way through not just the last half.

Anticholinergics antihistamines decrease saliva, causes lots of cavities quickly.

How reverse peristalsis is common and responsible for that bad taste in our mouth in the morning (yuck yuck double ick)

High estrogen causes intestinal spasms that can block the bile duct and cause stones. All people with gallbladder problems are hypothyroid, basically.

Oat bran breaks down into bowel carcinogens, fiber breakdown products.

Wheat bran doesn't break down the way oat bran does. Cellulose as fiber is resistant to bacterial breakdown so it functions mechanically, cleaning out, stimulating peristalsis and removing endotoxins.

Lactic acid tends to be produced from soluble fibers and is inflammatory and contributes to systemic problems.

He seems to have good things to say about soil-based probiotics (camel dung, lol) with B. Subtilis as very strong antibiotics. May account for the benefit of raw milk. Antibacterials are good for your colon.

A good inert fiber speeds up gut motility dramatically, especially with some antibiotic action.

Carrot salad

Bamboo shoots well boiled (only a little harmless cyanide, LOL)

Well cooked mushrooms

Short term use - well cooked oat or wheat bran is okay for acute use (not chronic long term use)

Eating a seed such as a bean has a high percentage of protein but it isn't really high quality. It is the precursors. Gluten is ONE of these storage proteins.

Soaking to sprouting stage helps a lot. 2.5X more protein of actual food value from soaking the seed to the point of sprouting.

Potatoes have higher than 100% protein (egg=100) having materials that can use ammonia groups that are wasted ordinarily in the bodies, to produce very high quality protein. "More than perfect."

Key point: avoid anxiety. Don't eat while anxious.

Milk facilitates digestion (Note: in my experience milk slows down gut transit and I'm struggling mightily with this because I like milk otherwise but it is very constipating...)

Great summary, thank you!!

I have also noticed that milk really slows down things, sometimes to the point where bowel movements just stop happening. This effect is especially pronounced when I also eat starch in another meal the same day.

However for the past 4 days I've been experimenting with starting each day with 500 ml straight celery juice and it seems to really help with digestive motility. Things have really sped up and I'm having 3 good toilet visits per day drinking 1 liter milk per day. Might be worth trying out

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
However for the past 4 days I've been experimenting with starting each day with 500 ml straight celery juice and it seems to really help with digestive motility. Things have really sped up and I'm having 3 good toilet visits per day drinking 1 liter milk per day. Might be worth trying out
I seen a lot where this starts out well, but there are many people on the SIBO forums who feel that celery juice wrecked their stomachs. I would also watch temps and pulse closely. I know someone personally who celery juice crashed their metabolism.

Korven

I seen a lot where this starts out well, but there are many people on the SIBO forums who feel that celery juice wrecked their stomachs. I would also watch temps and pulse closely. I know someone personally who celery juice crashed their metabolism.

Interesting... thanks for the heads up! I'll make sure to keep track of my temps and pulse. Not in a particularly good spot with my health right now so I figured I might as well try the "dumb health trend" everyones doing currently i.e celery juice

Zpol

This explains my issues exactly. Fiber from the foods I can eat (raw carrot salad, bamboo shoots, extra ripe bananas, applesauce, dates) does literally nothing to help the matter. Thyroid meds also do not help. I listened to the podcast but I don't think it was mentioned what might be the next step; did I miss something?
I suppose some way to detox the estrogen so that it doesn't get re-circulated, but how? Milk was mentioned too but I as well as most people who have severe autoimmune disease have a lot of healing to do before milk can be reintroduced.

How do you make anything work at all when your intestines are all cramped up and spasming and/or so bloated they are blocking your main bile duct, and your sphincter of Oddi is malfunctioning, your bile has turned to sludge and stones, and toxins are literally leaking out into your system.
Does anyone know if RP goes into this matter more in depth somewhere?

Broken man

This explains my issues exactly. Fiber from the foods I can eat (raw carrot salad, bamboo shoots, extra ripe bananas, applesauce, dates) does literally nothing to help the matter. Thyroid meds also do not help. I listened to the podcast but I don't think it was mentioned what might be the next step; did I miss something?
I suppose some way to detox the estrogen so that it doesn't get re-circulated, but how? Milk was mentioned too but I as well as most people who have severe autoimmune disease have a lot of healing to do before milk can be reintroduced.

How do you make anything work at all when your intestines are all cramped up and spasming and/or so bloated they are blocking your main bile duct, and your sphincter of Oddi is malfunctioning, your bile has turned to sludge and stones, and toxins are literally leaking out into your system.
Does anyone know if RP goes into this matter more in depth somewhere?
I believe Ray wrote that naloxone (naltrexone too) have relaxing effect on intestines. That is why LDN works.

Broken man

I believe Ray wrote that naloxone (naltrexone too) have relaxing effect on intestines. That is why LDN works.
I will do thread about myself, the detox things And so on.... Sorry that it took me a while but I was shocked by my bloodwork and what the doctor told me...

Zpol

I will do thread about myself, the detox things And so on.... Sorry that it took me a while but I was shocked by my bloodwork and what the doctor told me...

Shocked!?! I hope you are okay (I mean as good as can be expected at least).
I look forward to hearing what you have to say. I'll be keeping an eye out for your thread.
Take care!

Broken man

Shocked!?! I hope you are okay (I mean as good as can be expected at least).
I look forward to hearing what you have to say. I'll be keeping an eye out for your thread.
Take care!
Ye, I am okay but my estrogen is really high and prolactin is also higher. The most terrible thing is that my endo told me that I am okay but I should start to going to the gym even I came to her because I feel like totally destroyed and without energy. I mean I am 23 man with problems with erection.... Is that even possible at my age!? F*xking doctors..... The bloodwork was made before LDN so will see how it will help.

Mauritio

Ye, I am okay but my estrogen is really high and prolactin is also higher. The most terrible thing is that my endo told me that I am okay but I should start to going to the gym even I came to her because I feel like totally destroyed and without energy. I mean I am 23 man with problems with erection.... Is that even possible at my age!? F*xking doctors..... The bloodwork was made before LDN so will see how it will help.
How did LDN help you with thyroid /gut issues? I'm thinking about trying it myself.

Broken man

How did LDN help you with thyroid /gut issues? I'm thinking about trying it myself.
LDN is one of the hardest med to use for me. It definitely helps with gut but you really need to find the right dose for you. I have problems with using LDN consistently even I am trying for almost year. For sure, read book about it on amazon and if you have liver problems, use some protective chemicals like Tudca or Alpha lipoic acid. I had days of feeling like I had clogged liver/ gallbladder and Tudca helped me.

Mauritio

LDN is one of the hardest med to use for me. It definitely helps with gut but you really need to find the right dose for you. I have problems with using LDN consistently even I am trying for almost year. For sure, read book about it on amazon and if you have liver problems, use some protective chemicals like Tudca or Alpha lipoic acid. I had days of feeling like I had clogged liver/ gallbladder and Tudca helped me.
It's funny that you mention TUDCA. I just started taking it yesterday again. And just read one of the studies you posted on it resorting T-levels/ steroidogenic enzymes.

Are you still using tudca regularly ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals