Jiaogulan - Gynostemma - Any Thoughts

Aleeri

I think it's a good adaptogen, especially for blood sugar issues but I could not stand the taste of the tea. I prefer ginseng especially if you are a man, Jiaogulan is considered the poor man's ginseng after all.

RobertJM

I think it's a good adaptogen, especially for blood sugar issues but I could not stand the taste of the tea. I prefer ginseng especially if you are a man, Jiaogulan is considered the poor man's ginseng after all.

Can you recommend some good ginseng? (Panax)

RobertJM

I've tried this herb and didn't notice much apart from it being calming and helping relax in the evenings.

Just saw this thead below in 'useful threads', for more info:

Gynostemma and Saponins

I took it twice daily as a tea, for several months. Never noticed anything from it. But my luck with adaptogens has always been about 50/50. I have tried around 20 adaptogens by now. I stopped taking it, was expensive and not remarkable.

Rad

I've found I lose weight on it, especially if I eat more sugar.

TreasureVibe

Is it estrogenic? I once took American Ginseng and it was very, very estrogenic, it made my varicocele hurt.

Brandin

I've found I lose weight on it, especially if I eat more sugar.
Makes sense that it really helpts insulin sensitivity then. Before minoxidil I could lose fat from eating loads of sugar in lowfat milk. Now it just stops me from gaining. I have a plan how to reverse minoxidils damaging effects when I am completely finished with it. I know how to do it and have done a simillar experiment earlier...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals