Jeopardy Host Alex Trebek Diagnosed With Stage 4 Cancer

ShotTrue

I hear that's the worst cancer to get or something, or people die the most from it, some bad statistic about pancreatic cancer

Mito

Health
On December 11, 2007, Trebek suffered a minor heart attack in his home, but returned to work as scheduled in January.[41][42][43]He injured an Achilles tendon, requiring six weeks in a cast, while chasing a burglar who had entered his San Francisco hotel room on July 27, 2011.[44][45] He suffered a mild heart attack on June 23, 2012,[46] but returned to work in July.[47]

On January 4, 2018, the verified Twitter account of Jeopardy! announced that Trebek had suffered a fall, and over the winter break of Jeopardy! taping, underwent surgery for a subdural hematoma.[48] On December 15, 2017, Trebek was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after reportedly experiencing complications from his fall in October and underwent surgery to remove blood clots from his brain the following day.[49] Trebek required a short medical leave and returned to regular hosting duty in mid-January 2018.[50]

In 2018, while being interviewed by Harvey Levin on Fox News, Trebek floated the idea of retirement, saying the odds of him leaving Jeopardy in 2020 were 50/50 "and a little less". He added that he might continue if he is "not making too many mistakes" but would make an "intelligent decision" as to when he should give up the emcee role.[51] However, in October that year, he signed a new contract to continue as host through 2022.[3]

On March 6, 2019, Trebek announced that he had been diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer.[4]

Alex Trebek - Wikipedia

“Long-time Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek joined Howard Stern's radio show this week, and was pressed about past drug use. Trebek said he had tried smoking marijuana to help with arthritis in his shoulder, but to no avail. He also said he once tried cocaine with his accountant at a party.

The most memorable part of his interview was when Trebek said he was knocked out for a weekend after eating multiple hash brownies.”

Alex Trebek Opens up to Howard Stern About Past Drug Use

Fractality

Health
On December 11, 2007, Trebek suffered a minor heart attack in his home, but returned to work as scheduled in January.[41][42][43]He injured an Achilles tendon, requiring six weeks in a cast, while chasing a burglar who had entered his San Francisco hotel room on July 27, 2011.[44][45] He suffered a mild heart attack on June 23, 2012,[46] but returned to work in July.[47]

On January 4, 2018, the verified Twitter account of Jeopardy! announced that Trebek had suffered a fall, and over the winter break of Jeopardy! taping, underwent surgery for a subdural hematoma.[48] On December 15, 2017, Trebek was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after reportedly experiencing complications from his fall in October and underwent surgery to remove blood clots from his brain the following day.[49] Trebek required a short medical leave and returned to regular hosting duty in mid-January 2018.[50]

In 2018, while being interviewed by Harvey Levin on Fox News, Trebek floated the idea of retirement, saying the odds of him leaving Jeopardy in 2020 were 50/50 "and a little less". He added that he might continue if he is "not making too many mistakes" but would make an "intelligent decision" as to when he should give up the emcee role.[51] However, in October that year, he signed a new contract to continue as host through 2022.[3]

On March 6, 2019, Trebek announced that he had been diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer.[4]

Alex Trebek - Wikipedia

“Long-time Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek joined Howard Stern's radio show this week, and was pressed about past drug use. Trebek said he had tried smoking marijuana to help with arthritis in his shoulder, but to no avail. He also said he once tried cocaine with his accountant at a party.

The most memorable part of his interview was when Trebek said he was knocked out for a weekend after eating multiple hash brownies.”

Alex Trebek Opens up to Howard Stern About Past Drug Use

Thanks for the medical history write up but what can we learn from this? It would be better to know what his diet consisted of.

Last edited:

Mito

Thanks for the medical history write up but what can we learn from this?
Maybe nothing but we know he suffered from inflammatory degenerative diseases (heart disease and arthritis) for several years before the cancer diagnosis and he underwent brain surgery (likely very stressful to the body) just last year for the blood clots. Maybe these are completely unrelated to the cancer developing, who knows?

It would be better to know what his diet consisted of.
What's your health regimen like?

I was counting up my various surgeries the other day and I think it's close to 20 now — different parts of my body — and people often ask, they say, "You appear to be in good shape, do you work out?" I say, "No." "Do you diet?" "No." "Do you eat well?" "Well, sort of," but my breakfast of champions for years was a Snickers and a Diet Pepsi, and this past year I ran into a nutritionist who said, "Oh, Alex that's terrible! You've got to be eating better than that at the start of the day." So I changed. I stopped eating Snickers and Diet Pepsi and I replaced them with Milky Ways and Diet Cokes, so you're not going to catch me eating properly in the mornings. I do have a good solid dinner every evening, but I find that there must be some kind of camel blood in me because if I'm working outside — and I love working around the house — if I'm doing physical labor I never think of food; I don't get hungry, I don't get thirsty, and as a result my body cramps up like mad in the evenings, and I just go crazy complaining. And so I should drink more water, but I don't have a regimen, a good-health type regimen.
Alex Trebek on 'Jeopardy!'s' Longevity, His Health Issues and When He Might Retire (Q&A)

Last edited:

Beastmode

"I joked with friends that the cancer won't kill me, the chemo treatments will." -Trebek

The above joke not only sheds light on how our medical system works, but the ignorance in what that statement actually tells us.

Our family dog was brought to the vet and was given chemo after examination. She was having swallowing problems and ended up getting diagnosed with lymphoma. She threw up a massive amount of blood a week later and went downhill exponentially faster than prior to the treatment. She died a few months later.

bornamachine

"The Jeopardy! Twitter account said on Sunday he had "passed away peacefully at home" surrounded by family and friends."

So he lived a full life, ate whatever he wanted, had one decent dinner a day and often worked without water or food, got "diagnosed" around 78 1/2 yo with Stage 4! Final stage of cancer, denied chemo, lived and worked for another roughly 1.5 years and said he was on a mend and getting better and 1.5 years after diagnoses dies a saints death of peacefully on his bed surrounded by friends and family (the best death)

I wish someone could explain the truth here..

Herbie

"The Jeopardy! Twitter account said on Sunday he had "passed away peacefully at home" surrounded by family and friends."

So he lived a full life, ate whatever he wanted, had one decent dinner a day and often worked without water or food, got "diagnosed" around 78 1/2 yo with Stage 4! Final stage of cancer, denied chemo, lived and worked for another roughly 1.5 years and said he was on a mend and getting better and 1.5 years after diagnoses dies a saints death of peacefully on his bed surrounded by friends and family (the best death)

I wish someone could explain the truth here..
Everyone that old is more robust because they came from higher quality sperm and lived in a womb which had more nutrition and hormones than recently, was raised to adulthood on a better diet with less pufa, less additives and so on.

ursidae

Dang Boomers and just eating whatever
seriously boomers eat so much junk it is bizarre. Maybe they feel they're invincible and never learn to be cautious because they had a lifelong experience of being very healthy

bornamachine

I also read another article that says he actually did do chemo and was getting better and "got his numbers down to normal people range" and then the doctors switched him to immunotherapy, after which his numbers sky rocketed higher then even initially and shortly after he died.

Also his chemo treatment didn't seem to be a walk in the park either as he told his wife at some point "I just want to die" because of how ill he felt.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals