Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie, :wave:

Broccoli, spinach, Napa cabbage and the zucchini (eventually) stopped my filtration even while taking the K&B, yet I eat raw lettuce, avocados and coconut, all abundant in protein, and have tons of sediment so the only thing I can think of is it has something to do with cooking them, but I can't think of why. Dr. Morse says cooked can slow detox, but stop filtration completely?

After three days on cooked, not only did my filtration stop but the heartburn, painful intestines, major lethargy and back pain returned. However, I did discover something wonderful — I'm tolerating salt again! It no longer causes a burning face/ears, heart palpitations or anxiety. Instead it has been having a really calming effect on me. I haven't had one anxiety attack or depressive thought since adding it back into my diet. I'm feeling really blissed out. So balanced!

I started working on an update so I'll get that posted!

Na wè pita!

Last edited:

tara

Are you able to tell from the picture what type it is?
A delicious one. :)

I decided to test out the cooked broccoli and coconut aminos. What a mistake! Migraines, heart palpitations and going to bed with this feeling like I had a brick in my chest, and waking during the night burping up acid, something that used to happen nightly pre fruit diet. Thankfully, I still had some of my Upper Circ. left for the migraines. Cold packs and peppermint oil in a carrier oil (coconut) applied to my temples and forehead also helped.
Ooh, bad luck.
I've become a bit dubious about some of the breakdown products of proteins wrt migraines - from soy sauce to braggs aminos to overcooked or slightly old stocks. I've been a bit wary of the coconut aminos I got too, just on intuition, not from any rigorous testing. Bioactive amines ... if they taste exciting I think it may be because some of them prime the nervous system to be a bit more responsive (or sometimes overreactive)? Not quite MSG, but that kind of thing. Naturally occurring available aspartates and glutamates? I think coconut aminos have those too - which is what makes them tasty ?

I find it a little disheartening that my body still needs herbs to function properly, like I've let her down, but at the same time I'm also really grateful that I finally found something that helps, that I'm being taken care of by the higher-ups :innocent:, and it doesn't mean I'm on herbs forever.
Could there be some key minerals in those herbs that you are needing, so that it is not just medicine, but necessary ongoing nutrition that they are supplying that you don't get quite enough of from the fruit you've been eating?

I'm going to try 1/2 a cup of well cooked baby spinach with zucchini tomorrow. I figured I'd try what Ray suggests when reintroducing milk and slowly build up my tolerance to the veggies.
Today I made creamed spinach, cooked until the spinach had a melting quality.
:) Hope you can get back to more veges eventually - seems a real chance it could just take a bit of time for your gut to readjust to a change in diet.

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

That's great news about salt bringing you mental calmness! It is great that such a quick and easy fix can make your life so much better!

Perhaps we just need a little sodium chloride to balance the potassium bicarbonates etc in fruit and veg, and fruitarians get a lot of potassium!

Perhaps there is a sweet spot between too little and too much salt to add. Or should that be called a savoury spot?

I have been adding about a half teaspoon a day of salt to a little steamed white fish.

Regarding cooked cauliflower, I was thinking that it may not stop filtration, as it does not contain any of the beta carotene, lutein or zeaxanthin found in broccoli, spinach, zucchini and napa cabbage.

This would not explain why raw lettuce, celery and cantaloupe do not stop your filtration, however.

So perhaps it is more likely that the cooked cauliflower will stop filtration due to damaged proteins etc.

It is not the most exciting vegetable either way, but it would be an amazing discovery if we found that lack of filtration (and the appearance of those other painful symptoms) was related to excess (or cooked) carotenoids!

Maybe we could use this information to become ninja warriors!

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Ooh, bad luck.
I've become a bit dubious about some of the breakdown products of proteins wrt migraines - from soy sauce to braggs aminos to overcooked or slightly old stocks. I've been a bit wary of the coconut aminos I got too, just on intuition, not from any rigorous testing. Bioactive amines ... if they taste exciting I think it may be because some of them prime the nervous system to be a bit more responsive (or sometimes overreactive)? Not quite MSG, but that kind of thing. Naturally occurring available aspartates and glutamates? I think coconut aminos have those too - which is what makes them tasty ?
Everyone is different, of course, but if it eases your mind any, my sole source of salt has come from the coconut aminos and I've been feeling great — very relaxed. The headaches stopped when I cut out the veggies. It seems anything that I don't digest well causes headaches, which is one of the reasons why reintroducing veggies has been tough.
Could there be some key minerals in those herbs that you are needing, so that it is not just medicine, but necessary ongoing nutrition that they are supplying that you don't get quite enough of from the fruit you've been eating?
Sure, that's why I keep trying to add the veggies back into my diet. However, since the thought of them turns my stomach currently, I figured I would try green juice to see if my reaction is based on the pain the veggies cause me or my body not actually wanting/needing them. I'm currently only desiring watermelon, tomatoes, avocados, coconut and the coconut aminos.
:) Hope you can get back to more veges eventually - seems a real chance it could just take a bit of time for your gut to readjust to a change in diet.
Thanks, tara! I hope so, too. I've been trying to reintroduce veggies since 2015, but it always ends the same way. It's frustrating. My longest run was for two months back in 2016. It was two months of painful intestines, migraines, nightmares, anxiety attacks and severe depression, basically the same symptoms I get from dairy, which is what finally prompted my doctor to run a battery of tests that uncovered the mold toxicity.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thanks, @Richiebogie! :) I think you're spot on with it being the savory spot!

The majority of the carotene in zucchini is in the skin, right? I never eat the skin. I always remove it before cooking the zucchini.

Dr. Morse has talked about the bonding of chemistry when a food is cooked so you could be right about the damaged proteins being a possible reason why the cooked veggies stop filtration. Maybe they register as foreign to the body, though I would think by now we've adapted to cooked.

Along with lemons, grapes and watermelon are the fruits with a track record of getting the kidneys to filter, even when pasteurized, so the carotenoids don't seem to be preventing it. I suppose if a person believed carotenoids were toxic, perhaps it's a case of when God created the poison, he packaged the antidote with it?

I would think an excess/accumulation of carotenoids is a sign of weakness somewhere in the body such as the liver, but I don't think natural foods such as ripe fruit are the cause of this and in fact, believe they help to prevent it. It would be a major flaw in the human design if foods we're designed to eat were toxic to us.

LOL Looks like three times a charm for Frank. Go him and his determination!

Last edited:

tara

Everyone is different, of course, but if it eases your mind any, my sole source of salt has come from the coconut aminos and I've been feeling great — very relaxed. The headaches stopped when I cut out the veggies. It seems anything that I don't digest well causes headaches, which is one of the reasons why reintroducing veggies has been tough.
Glad you've been able to confirm the CA are good with you. Hope the veges get there eventually, but in the meantime, glad you've got the herbs and with your commitment, intelligence, rigour and persistence have got such a good recovery going for yourself. :)

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thank you for that, @tara! ❤️

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Update:

As already mentioned, I've added salt back into my diet and it has been treating me very well. YAY! Along with its calming effect, it's helping me to digest my fats and I'm finally feeling satisfied after eating. Over the past two years since going fruitarian, I've had moments where I contemplated scooping my eyes out with a spoon just so I wouldn't have to look at fruit ever again. Come to think of it, that probably would have been futile since I eat this way to regenerate. The suckers would of just grown back. Hehe!

Anyway, I could be hungry but sick to death of sweetness and craving something savory but whenever I'd make a dish from savory ingredients, I was left feeling unsatisfied. Apparently to me, savory means salt. I avoided salt given my prior reaction to it and though I knew it would enhance the flavor of a dish, I never realized its satiating effect. I just figured it was best avoided until my adrenals strengthened. My systolic is no longer dangerously low so they definitely are stronger, but I'm still honestly surprised I'm handling the salt so well.

I'm super psyched that I'm able to create recipes again that actually leave me feeling satisfied and well, really happy. I've been eating a ton of watermelon but also creamy tomato basil soup, coconut curry, tomato, avocado and lettuce stuffed wraps, a salad made from diced tomato, cucumber, avocado, olives, dill, green onion and dressed with coconut aminos and spices.

What I'm currently consuming:
  • Watermelon
  • Golden honeydew melon
  • Donut peaches
  • Heirloom tomatoes
  • Mini cucumbers
  • Lemons
  • Avocados
  • Young Thai coconut meat
  • Raw olives (Now eating exclusively the Good Faith Farm brand)
  • Butter lettuce
  • Basil
  • Dill
  • Parsley
  • Green onion
  • Raw coconut wraps (Wrawp brand)
  • Coconut aminos (Coconut Secret brand)
  • Apple juice sweetener (Rigoni di Asiago brand)
  • Curry powder (Monterey Bay Spice Company brand)
  • Coconut milk powder (Biofinest brand)
  • Mangosteen, mulberry and strawberry juice powders (Biofinest brand)
My supplements haven't changed since my last update.

Here are links to the brands I mentioned above. If this is something you guys have no interest in, just let me know?

Wrawp coconut wraps — I've tried a few brands and find these to be the softest — they're made from young coconut meat):

https://wrawp.com/coconut-wraps/

Coconut Secret raw coconut aminos:

https://www.coconutsecret.com/aminos2.html

Rigoni di Asiago sweetener made entirely from organic apple juice:

Dolcedì

Monterey Bay Spice Co. curry powder — I like this one because it's mild:

Curry Powder

Biofinest coconut milk and fruit juice powders — I like this brand because their powders are filler-free:

Coconut Milk Powder - 100% Pure Freeze-Dried Antioxidants Superfood

Antioxidant Berry SuperFruits - Biofinest

And I'll be trying out this alfalfa juice:

https://www.sunburstsuperfoods.com/organic-alfalfa-grass-juice-powder/

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

It is great that you are enjoying your diet. It sounds like the most healthy you have been in a long time because you are feeling good physically and mentally!

You are wise to change your diet slowly. That way you can properly assess whether each change is beneficial or not!

You could be right that our bodies can cope with carotenoids from fruit etc.

I read that there are about 1100 known carotenoids. Violaxanthin sounds like the most musical of them! I believe it is in some varieties of oranges, so I have probably already 'orchestrated' that into my diet!

The carotenoids all look like 2 retinol molecules joined toe to toe!

I think b12 can split them into retinol, which may or may not be a good thing! Perhaps Dr Morse is right to avoid exogenous b12!

Leafy greens contain carotenoids, and you can see this in the autumn when the green chlorophyll decays and the dying leaves are left looking red, orange and yellow!

I am eating more fat with a little coffee to encourage my liver to send out any toxins it has with the bile!

I am hoping it replicates the effect of a coffee 'flush' without all the hassle and possible disturbance to my gut flora!

Apparently coffee flushes were in the Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy until about 1972!

Several studies preceding Max Gerson found benefits in the practice!

I really shouldn't be introducing such topics on another person's thread. Sorry about that! On a brighter note, hope you are enjoying your summer!

Richard.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Oh, no need to apologize, @Richiebogie! I appreciate what you have to say and how you say it. Orchestrated Violaxanthin, the musical carotenoid, into your diet — very nice! Haha!

Nature really is mind blowing! To think that many known carotenoids alone and then how the fall reveals them in an explosion of color. Orchestrated is right! They also make fruit easier to spot in the trees, which I appreciate. :)

Yeah, I'm feeling almost as good physically as I did when I was at my healthiest right before the mold and fracturing, and definitely more mentally healthy since I worked on letting go of past issues and strengthening my glands.

Now I just want to tolerate a larger variety of foods again. Even though I'm feeling great, having to avoid so many foods doesn't feel right, especially when I felt great eating all kinds of wholesome things before falling ill. I miss my creamer potatoes and butternut squash.

I'm currently trying out mushroom soup. As much as I like the mushrooms, I like the broth even more so I figure even if the fiber bothers me, I can still try incorporating the broth into my diet. It's like a cheap version of Four Sigmatic's mushroom teas. lol

I hope the fat and coffee combo work out well for you. I think your gentler approach is a good one. So far, no return of the eye twitching with the coffee?

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

I do get the odd eye twitch with chocolate and coffee but I think they were more noticeable when I was eating more dairy protein!

I am trialling a lower vitamin A diet this week (!) by avoiding sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, red peppers, cantaloupe, leafy greens and liver!

I have not given up OJ, tomato and butter yet so it is not a full-on elimination, but maybe I have reduced my OJ and tomato consumption slightly!

I think that if there are any benefits or problems I should be able to see them by going from 3 x RDA to 0.5 x RDA vitamin A in the first instance!

I'd rather not go on a pure rice and beef diet if I can avoid it!!!

I feel a bit ill just contemplating that mixture!

It begins to make a fruit and salt diet sound quite exquisite in comparison!

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Good luck with your lower vitamin A experiment! :)

The diet recommended for depleting vitamin A is rice and beef? If so, I wonder why so limited. Also, I wonder how one would know if improvements in health were due to a reduction in vitamin A and not a reduction in allergenic foods overall.

My vitamin A depletion diet would be apple juice, Jasmine rice and/or white potatoes with coconut cream, maple syrup, garlic powder, ginger powder and salt added. If I wasn't vegan I would also include lots of honey and choose scallops over beef since they're lower in vit. A and a good source of glycine.

Come to think of it, I technically did a vit. A depletion diet. I stopped peating with animal products back in August of 2015 and that winter I was living off of Thai sticky rice and white creamer potatoes mixed with coconut cream, maple syrup, garlic, ginger and salt.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi @Jennifer,

I do get the odd eye twitch with chocolate and coffee but I think they were more noticeable when I was eating more dairy protein!

I am trialling a lower vitamin A diet this week (!) by avoiding sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, red peppers, cantaloupe, leafy greens and liver!

I have not given up OJ, tomato and butter yet so it is not a full-on elimination, but maybe I have reduced my OJ and tomato consumption slightly!

I think that if there are any benefits or problems I should be able to see them by going from 3 x RDA to 0.5 x RDA vitamin A in the first instance!

I'd rather not go on a pure rice and beef diet if I can avoid it!!!

I feel a bit ill just contemplating that mixture!

It begins to make a fruit and salt diet sound quite exquisite in comparison!
@Jennifer, I hope you don't mind if I share my experience with Richie in your thread?
@Richiebogie, I've done the reduced vitamin A for about 2 weeks and decided to try it for 3 weeks because I didn't have anything to lose. According to Cronometer I was getting 400% of the RDA not counting the retinyl palimate I was taking once a week.
Long story short is that I do feel like a burden has been lifted from me physically and inflammation is down but I'm starting to think it has to do with the vitamin A added to Dairy products. The reason I'm thinking that is that I was on vacation last week and had two days with some foods with moderate amounts of A. One day I had a couple oysters and some greens and felt perfectly fine. Another day I just had a small amount of ricotta cheese and some symptoms started to return. It's really to soon to say anything for certain but I'm leaning toward it being supplements and fortified dairy products in my case. To add another variable that week coincided with my no progesterone phase?!?
Anyway I'm going to continue on for another week and test out some no vitamin A added milk and see how it goes. I really liked Ella's suggestion that we really only need occasional high quality dietary vitamin A foods. There was a time that I noticed I did better on either raw milk or whole non-homogenized, no added vitamin milk so I'll either go back to that or give it up completely if necessary. In the US our food supply is so compromised and it's next to impossible to find dairy without added vitamins. I'm not sure what it's like for you in Australia though.
P.S. I'm not doing just beef and rice. I've been having some low vitamin A fruits and other low A starches and protein. Best wishes on your trial.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Amazoniac said:
To the probable reply, this is one point to consider..

Friedrichie (I see what you did there — clever!) said:
A woman may very well form a friendship with a man, but for this to endure, it must be assisted by a little physical antipathy.
You agree with Nietzsche? I'm having flashbacks of When Harry Met Sally...

I think it's really neat how Edward met his wife on here. The Internet is making it a lot easier for the universe to match the pots with their lids. :)

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Not at all, @Blossom! I appreciate you guys sharing your experiments. :)

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thanks, great minds must think alike (or our minds anyway) because I've been eating scallops a lot lately.
Nice! I used to get Bee and I the frozen jumbo scallops from Trader Joe's. So good!

Richiebogie

Thanks @Blossom for your update. I am interested in your experiment!

Our dairy has no added retinol here in Australia (yet) but you have to watch for that yummy carcinogen 407 in the cream and ice cream!

It's a wonder they don't put cadmium in our Camembert and cyanide in our Sauvignon! (I shouldn't give them ideas!)

I wonder if we were to only eat low fat fruit then maybe our digestive systems wouldn't absorb excess beta carotene...

Maybe eating fatty foods with OJ, mango or cantaloupe wrecks havoc with this Richie-theoretical mechanism!

I might postpone my chocolate and butter until the end of the day for a while!

It turns out that lycopene is different from the other carotenoids and doesn't count towards vitamin A, but tomatoes have beta carotene anyway!

I noticed today that cronometer has 3000 IU of vitamin A as 100% RDA while nutritiondata online which I use has 5000 IU of vitamin A as 100% RDA!

This means that despite cutting greens and sweet potatoes I am still getting 100% RDA according to cronometer!

Hi @Jennifer, I am drinking apple juice but not really keen on the coconut at the minute! To test any benefits of low A I might need to replace butter with scallop oil!

How did you go on your low vitamin A phase?

@Amazoniac, any chance of pboy abandoning his flight to Paris and knocking at your door in the final episode?

Last edited: