Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Oh, great! I hope you like it, @Blossom! :)

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Update:

I tried the raw soup with the coconut aminos and didn't have any acid reflux from it. You can tell I haven't had salt in quite a long time because my fingers swell after having the aminos. I also tried broccoli without the CA and had no acid reflux (but terrible cramping) so it's something about the two together that's an issue.

I ended up doing a lemonade and limeade (lemon in coconut water and lime in coconut water) fast for a couple days because I hadn't been feeling too stellar since I began the experiments. I wanted to give my gut a break and hopefully build back an appetite. It usually works but not this time. I'm finding nothing appealing. Even when making meals for my family, I recognize they smell good but have no desire to eat them, which is unusual for me. I'm basically forcing myself to eat so my weight doesn't drop.

I had to add back the Kidney & Bladder and Adrenal formulas because even with all the lemons and limes, I've only had two days this past week where I've had sediment and my blood pressure (both systolic and diastolic) dropped. I find it a little disheartening that my body still needs herbs to function properly, like I've let her down, but at the same time I'm also really grateful that I finally found something that helps, that I'm being taken care of by the higher-ups :innocent:, and it doesn't mean I'm on herbs forever.

Edit to my opening post: I'm now getting my herbs through ourbotanicals.com. They give a larger discount and free shipping for U.S. orders over $75.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I hope you get your appetite back soon. I know that's miserable.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thanks, @Blossom! :) I'm finding the sweet and salty combo of the coconut aminos stimulates my appetite, but I'm trying to go slow with it so I don't freak out my system. I had it on zucchini today and I actually wanted seconds. I'm going to try 1/2 a cup of well cooked baby spinach with zucchini tomorrow. I figured I'd try what Ray suggests when reintroducing milk and slowly build up my tolerance to the veggies.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks, @Blossom! :) I'm finding the sweet and salty combo of the coconut aminos stimulates my appetite, but I'm trying to go slow with it so I don't freak out my system. I had it on zucchini today and I actually wanted seconds. I'm going to try 1/2 a cup of well cooked baby spinach with zucchini tomorrow. I figured I'd try what Ray suggests when reintroducing milk and slowly build up my tolerance to the veggies.
That sounds like a good plan and the veggies with CA sound delicious too!

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

Were you taking Vitamin A supplements or liver prior to your osteoporosis / kyphosis attack?

This is from a book on Vitamin A toxicity I am reading from another thread! The author thinks Vitamin A deficiency is not a real thing. He argues it was an analytic error:

"Thus, by 1947 the toxicity of vitamin-A overdose had been very well established, and the authors of the above report are looking for potential antidotes to it. What they document is not only that do their lab animals quickly develop lesions and hemorrhages due to the excess vitamin-A they are fed, many of them suffer spontaneous bone fractures too. The vitamin- A toxicity action, and it occurs almost unbelievably quickly, depleted the calcium from the bones of the animals. So incredibly severe is this condition that the researchers report they were inadvertently breaking the bones just trying to handle the rats."

https://ggenereux.blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/poisoningforprofits.pdf

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thank you for the quote and link, @Richiebogie. :) I'll have to read through it, but even natural food sources of vitamin A like liver induced these reactions in the rats? It looks like it messed with their thyroids/parathyroids since those are the main glands involved in calcium metabolism/bone/connective tissue disorders. This would line up with what Ray says about too much vitamin A suppressing the thyroid, right? This of course is assuming that our bodies function the same way a Rat's body functions, which I'm not too sure about.

No, I wasn't taking vitamin A supplements or liver prior to fracturing. The only vitamin I was on was vitamin D. The naturopath I was seeing at the time had me on 50,000IU once a week for a month to get my level up (it started out at 6 ng/ml). It was only after fracturing, when my doctor put me on the WAPF diet, that I was taking cod liver oil with High Vitamin Butter Oil by Green Pastures daily and consumed all that raw whole milk, butter, cheese and eggs. I did that for about a year before getting into RBTI and then refeeding and Peating. Within 4 years I went from a DEXA score of -6.7 to -3.6 so I'm thinking that food sources of the nutrient are okay?

Last edited:

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer. It's great that your DEXA score is heading back towards healthy.

You may be right about food sources of vitamin A being safe. We are less likely to overdose when eating whole foods versus taking supplements!

Also, Beef and Chicken liver taste great to me at the moment, so maybe my tastebuds are telling me the benefits outweigh any problems at this stage! (I couldn't bring myself to skip liver time tonight even though I had been reading about how toxic vitamin A is all day!)

I think the book mentions studies where rats were given vitamin A in the form of halibut and cod liver oil. The latter is a quarter PUFA, which might be a problem in its own right. Also I am sure there is a difference between taking 1 teaspoon and drinking a cup, for example! Ray has written about a study where dogs got cancer on cod liver oil, but I'm not sure what the quantities were!

Magnesium is meant to be good for getting calcium out of the tissues and into the bones, so I'm sure your fruit will be assisting with that! Also since plant retinoids are different from animal retinoids, you may be doubly safe from any problems the author finds...!

It's also great you now know about the thyroid and parathyroid!

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Good for you for listening to your body instead of fear provoking theories! You've had all those improvements so you must be doing something right! :):

Cod liver oil too, huh? Yeah, 1 tsp. daily is probably not a big deal, but I'm still shocked my body didn't revolt because of the disgusting taste. :hungover:

Yep, exactly! Plus, the veggies should also provide me plenty of magnesium. Today I made creamed spinach, cooked until the spinach had a melting quality. It might sound gross, but I thought it was so good and had no cramping from it. I'm hoping to work my way up to cream of mushroom soup soon. It was one of my favorites!

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer. Hopefully you do well with the cream of mushroom soup! It is a warm and hearty soup that usually tastes nourishing!

If you are desiring it, it might be that you need it!

Our avocados are in season at the moment and tonight I had some thickly spread on thinly sliced Dutch pumpernickel bread! I haven't eaten much grain over the last few years but now I seem to have lost interest in potatoes and taken to dark rye for a change.

I have also been having butter or liver pate on the pumpernickel. To minimise grain I add butter or avocado about 4 times higher than the bread! Very tasty!

It's great they got the whole soccer team out of the cave in Thailand. I don't think I would like to be 4km deep into a cave knowing that water was blocking the path back! I think I might go batty!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
IMG_0810.JPG
Here's my first zucchini from the garden!

InChristAlone

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Awesome! Has more of the shape of a butternut! Haha. I always let them get big like that if I was making zucchini bread.
Yeah, I don't really know when to harvest them. It's my first time growing zucchini. Do you think I should do it when they are smaller?

InChristAlone

Yeah, I don't really know when to harvest them. It's my first time growing zucchini. Do you think I should do it when they are smaller?
When it gets big there are more seeds, you can pick them when they are young and tender as well.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
When it gets big there are more seeds, you can pick them when they are young and tender as well.
Thanks, I remember having big ones from being a child. I need to go out to the garden when I get home and check for more. Husband brought that one in to me yesterday. I prefer them smaller-it seems like they are more tender when they don't get so large.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @JenniferTo minimise grain I add butter or avocado about 4 times higher than the bread! Very tasty!

It's great they got the whole soccer team out of the cave in Thailand. I don't think I would like to be 4km deep into a cave knowing that water was blocking the path back! I think I might go batty!
Now that's how it's done! You've nailed the perfect ratio of fat to bread. Haha! It's like the perfect frosting to cake ratio — mostly frosting with a sprinkling of cake. :D

I don't think I've ever had pumpernickel before, but I have had rye. I was eating a lot of salted fried eggs and all fruit fig jam sandwiched between freshly baked rye bread back when I was refeeding. Kind of a gross sounding combination, but I was addicted to it!

Yes!! I'm really glad they got the soccer team out. I would likely go batty too given how claustrophobic I am! I shudder just at the thought.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

@Blossom — WOW!!! Is that the same zucchini from the first photo you posted? Janelle is right! It does look like the shape of a butternut. Very cool! If you like them tender, I think it's recommended to pick them immature when they're 6 to 8 inches. I try to go for around that size when I'm picking them at the store.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
IMG_0814.JPG
I got a six inch zucchini tonight! Here is a baby watermelon.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Oh, my word! That baby watermelon is so stinkin' cute! Almost too cute to eat. Haha! Isn't it exciting when you discover a new fruit or veggie growing?

My avocado plants are growing like crazy with this heat wave we've been having. I actually thought one had died prior to planting it (I started the seed out suspended over a jar of water and the 1 foot shoot eventually turned black and lost all its leaves), but I didn't have the heart to give up on it so I planted it anyway hoping it would somehow survive and not only did it survive, it grew 3 more shoots.

Last edited:

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer, is broccoli still stopping your filtration or was that only when you weren't taking the kidney herbal formulas?

I am wondering if cauliflower has the same effect on filtration as broccoli!

Cauliflower is the same species as broccoli but without the green chemicals.

If there is a difference in action then it narrows down the cause.

Dr Morse was not a great fan of leafy greens!

If cauliflower has the same effect as broccoli then it probably is the protein to blame.

(Celery is lower in protein than both cauliflower and broccoli).

If you would need to come off your herbals to test this then it's not worth the hassle!

Richardo!