Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log

Hi @Rafael Lao Wai,

I'm sorry to hear the only thing you got from the doctor was the knowledge of your hands' hypermobility. I find it frustrating when you see a doctor for something they are trained to treat and you leave without help.

Huh, that's interesting about infant muscularity and mucin. I need to research that. I struggled with constipation as a baby (formula fed), but I think my muscle development was normal for a dancer and how active I was.

Yeah, the cleanup is my least favorite part. I also prefer to eat my calories so I have even less motivation to juice, however, I can't remember the last time my stomach was this flat and completely free from cramping — minus last night's trial.

It is sad. Even the doctors I've had that specialized in hormones never mentioned progesterone, only estrogen. I finally learned about it, and Dr. John Lee's work, from my RBTI practitioner.

Oh, that's right! Cayenne. My gut is just finally starting to trust me again so that's one I won't be trying anytime soon. lol

Thank you. :) Errors have happened so many times that I usually look over my results just in case, but I didn't have a copy and figured because the doctor was head of the department, that she read the results correctly.

Yeah, it's what I suspected — my issues with dairy are due to bacteria, likely because of poor thyroid and adrenal function and resulting weak peristalsis. Before the NDT, my digestion was so slow that when I took activated charcoal, I was still eliminating it after 3 days.

LOL Go big or go home? Desperation is a great motivator. I was in so much pain from the back injury, struggling to get a menstrual cycle and above a certain weight and doctors weren't helping. I came across a post, by someone whose name I won't mention out of respect to those here who I know believe in her work, that made me think my bones and cycle were dependent on gaining weight. I learned the hard way that wasn't the case — my stint with refeeding ended in the ER.

Going by the examples in her post, it's far too easy IMO to self-diagnose as having an eating disorder. It had me thinking that maybe I had been chronically undereating given my size, lack of period and insatiable appetite. Add to that the claim that most damage in the body heals as weight is restored and I took a shot. I ended up joining her forum where the standard advice was to get some sweatpants and eat whenever we thought of food. Anyway, I totally agree with you.
Hey,

Ye, it's very frustrating.

Good thing your muscles were fine.

I also like eating fruit better than drinking juice. But similarly, juice is really the only way for me to even tolerate fruits. Btw, I tried using your double filtration technique for my melon juice, and I did feel it being lighter in my stomach. Gonna try that for a few more days to see if I notice other benefits:D

So, by dealing with the SIBO, then you may tolerate dairy? That would be awesome! Frank Tufano said that he found a way to tolerate dairy after following a protocol which he didn't explain fully. How cool would it be able to drink a bunch of milk everyday XD

Wow, overfeeding can be pretty dangerous. I always cringe when I see those youtubers eating an incredible amount of food( usually junk food) in one sitting for no good reason. It does atract a lot of views though. That's probably why they do it.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hey,

Ye, it's very frustrating.

Good thing your muscles were fine.

I also like eating fruit better than drinking juice. But similarly, juice is really the only way for me to even tolerate fruits. Btw, I tried using your double filtration technique for my melon juice, and I did feel it being lighter in my stomach. Gonna try that for a few more days to see if I notice other benefits:D

So, by dealing with the SIBO, then you may tolerate dairy? That would be awesome! Frank Tufano said that he found a way to tolerate dairy after following a protocol which he didn't explain fully. How cool would it be able to drink a bunch of milk everyday XD

Wow, overfeeding can be pretty dangerous. I always cringe when I see those youtubers eating an incredible amount of food( usually junk food) in one sitting for no good reason. It does atract a lot of views though. That's probably why they do it.
Oh, yay! Excellent! I hope it ends up being worth the extra work. :)

It sure would be nice to have cottage cheese in my diet again, but I question if clearing possible SIBO will allow me to tolerate dairy when my thyroid function still isn't stellar. Or maybe clearing SIBO could improve my thyroid function?

What I'm really hoping for is to be able to tolerate fiber and starch again — I miss sweet corn, kabocha squash and eating my fruit. Prior to fracturing and reintroducing dairy back into my diet, I was able to eat these foods without any issues.

I don't ever want to go back to 100% plant-based again, mainly because it's more environmentally friendly and ethical for me not to and I get major cravings for the shellfish if I go more than a day without it, but I would like tolerate more plants.

Oh, yeah! I recently watch a video of a couple on YouTube who were on vacation and decided to spend the day seeing how much restaurant food they could eat and their stomachs looked like they were going to pop. They triggered my refeeding PTSD. lol

Oh, yay! Excellent! I hope it ends up being worth the extra work. :)

It sure would be nice to have cottage cheese in my diet again, but I question if clearing possible SIBO will allow me to tolerate dairy when my thyroid function still isn't stellar. Or maybe clearing SIBO could improve my thyroid function?

What I'm really hoping for is to be able to tolerate fiber and starch again — I miss sweet corn, kabocha squash and eating my fruit. Prior to fracturing and reintroducing dairy back into my diet, I was able to eat these foods without any issues.

I don't ever want to go back to 100% plant-based again, mainly because it's more environmentally friendly and ethical for me not to and I get major cravings for the shellfish if I go more than a day without it, but I would like tolerate more plants.

Oh, yeah! I recently watch a video of a couple on YouTube who were on vacation and decided to spend the day seeing how much restaurant food they could eat and their stomachs looked like they were going to pop. They triggered my refeeding PTSD. lol
Thanks! :):

I think the thyroid funtion needs to be good to prevent bacteria from getting there again. Haidut said that antibiotics offer a temporary relief at best, meaning the body has to be strong to keep bacteria where they should be once they are cleared from the small intestine.

Ray said that endotoxin can even cause goiters, so clearing up the SIBO should improve thyroid function as well.

Yeah, sometimes I crave some starch too, but I don't eat it. Way too much constipation.

For sure, animal products from good sources are good for the planet. Plus, if you're craving it badly, then your body likely needs something from that food. If eat very little meat, I get very hungry for it the next day.

Haha, since they're on vacation, why not try something rad? :lol:

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thanks! :):

I think the thyroid funtion needs to be good to prevent bacteria from getting there again. Haidut said that antibiotics offer a temporary relief at best, meaning the body has to be strong to keep bacteria where they should be once they are cleared from the small intestine.

Ray said that endotoxin can even cause goiters, so clearing up the SIBO should improve thyroid function as well.

Yeah, sometimes I crave some starch too, but I don't eat it. Way too much constipation.

For sure, animal products from good sources are good for the planet. Plus, if you're craving it badly, then your body likely needs something from that food. If eat very little meat, I get very hungry for it the next day.

Haha, since they're on vacation, why not try something rad? :lol:
Thank you! That makes sense. So I guess if I do have SIBO and get on Xifaxan, I'll continue with my current diet until I see more improvements in thyroid markers (mainly my cold extremities warming up) and then try dairy.

Starch treats me the same way. I hardly ever crave it but I've been wanting vegetable soup and used to make it with the addition of some corn and kabocha for sweetness. Other than that, I'd much rather have fruit than starch.

Exactly! My body has been pretty spot on with cravings. So many times I have developed an extreme craving for a particular food and find out through blood work that I'm severely deficient in something that food is abundant in.

LOL True. I would have picked something rad like skydiving, but death by food works too.

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

How are you going? Have you been doing some experiments?

I found some interesting info on oxalates. Sally Norton reckons that cloudy urine is oxalates coming out of our bodies!

Foods high in oxalates include spinach and several other greens, nuts, beans, peas, grains and other seeds, star fruit, kiwi fruit, cocoa, sweet potatoes and regular potatoes!

Do you eat many of those or have you in the past?

I ate a lot of peanut butter in my first 30 years, and a lot of chocolate in the last 20 years! I never got into green smoothies though!

The theory goes that Calcium oxalate is insoluble, it gets lodged in tissues and disturbs normal metabolism. I wonder if it is what shows up in CT scans as breast cancer and atherosclerosis!

However citric acid in fruit is good at breaking the calcium bond and making the oxalic acid soluble again so that it can be expelled through the kidneys, skin or intestines etc!

In a way it is similar to Dr Morse’s theories, in that fruit helps remove acids from the body.

However it predicts that the calcium in dairy will reduce oxalate absorption in the first place, and I have found that a little dairy has stopped my mouth and lip ulcers!

It also predicts that white chocolate and milk chocolate are healthier than the equivalent amount of dark chocolate. It might mean that milk chocolate is a good source of magnesium as the oxalate will prefer to bond to the calcium from the milk and free up the magnesium for digestion...

I have stopped eating potato skins and have been cutting my white potatoes into smaller pieces to boil out more of the soluble oxalates!

I don’t want to go pure carnivore like Sally, but she has some interesting things to say! The sound is a bit messy on this video though!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI7RzAU0ktk

All the best,

Richard.

Last edited:

Richiebogie

PS. I read that citric acid (lemon juice) and acetic acid (vinegar) can help dissolve kidney stones.

The first may be due to dissolving the stones:

citric acid (aqueous) + calcium oxalate (solid) ->
calcium citrate (aqueous) + oxalic acid (aqueous).

The acetic acid had some complex epigenetic explanation, but calcium acetate looks to be soluble in water too!

Anyway I just had a drink of lemonade, lemon juice and bitters, and then some mussels served with sea salt and Italian red wine vinegar!

My therapies are quite delicious at times!

I wonder if it can clear out all sorts of unwanted calcifications?

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie, :wave:

It's nice to hear from you! How have you been? I hope you, your family, Matt and Tess are doing okay since the fires. I'm glad dairy has helped with the ulcers. That's awesome!

I'm doing really well. Thanks for asking! :) I didn't think it was possible to feel any better than I felt on a fruitarian diet, but I honestly can't recall ever feeling this healthy. I've managed to keep all the benefits of fruitarian and added this incredibly relaxed state. My new normal most days feels like I've spent hours soaking in a bubble bath while listening to some Norah Jones. lol

Aside from diet tweaks, the only new things I've experimented with are gubinge (for vitamins C and E) and upping my CO2 by sleeping in a tent. I was looking for something fun to do during lockdown and at the same time had read an article on viruses and what scientists theorized was the reason for why, except for rabies, bats aren't affected by them -- that a bat's high metabolism is a result of all the flying they do. I have a special connection to bats, not so much because I have a few of them flying in my belfry :p:, for other reasons, and one thing I know about them is their love of sleeping in tight, enclosed spaces and this led to me thinking about the fair amount of CO2 they likely expose themselves to and perhaps this contributes to their high metabolism. Anyhow, I have a dome shaped tent my brother and I used for our backpacking trips that I set up on my bed and with a star projector, it's like lying under the dome at a planetarium during one of their star shows. :D

Thanks for linking the video! I've watched a few of Sally's videos in the past. Funny, I've recently been thinking about the crystals I saw in my urine when I first began checking for sediment. I'm almost sure I wrote about it here. At the time, I questioned if they were some kind of calcium crystal so maybe they were oxalates?

I do consume coconut and decaf coffee and ate tofu for about a month prior to lockdown, but haven't since. My diet over the years has centered on fruit including "veggie fruit" like sweet corn, tomatoes and squash, veggies, mainly sweet lettuces, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, potatoes and herbs, eggs, seafood, low-fat poultry and dairy, mainly cottage cheese, mild yogurts and my mum used butter for cooking when I was growing up.

Yeah, I can understand not wanting to go pure carnivore. I think a meat-based diet could work well if you include enough carbs to keep T3 production up and stress hormones down. If a person is attached to the carni label, there's always carbs from dairy and/or honey if tolerated. Emphasize gelatinous cuts like oxtail and add some fruit and that's essentially the food Ray told me back in 2015 that he recommends.

Haha! Nice! Your meal is similar to what I eat, minus the wine. I've been doing clam bakes and eating shellfish daily. My gut is really liking all the glycine.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if they cleared out all kinds of calcification, not only due to their potentially dissolving effect but also their ability to disinfect the gut and clear the liver, which should help thyroid/parathyroid function, the glands heavily involved in calcium placement and calcification in the body, from my understanding.

Take care!

Last edited:

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

That is great news you are feeling so well, particularly after your scary times late last year.

Are you still taking thyroid? If so it sounds like that was the key to your recovery!

Are you still eating fruit, eggs, dairy and molluscs?

New Zealand preshelled and precooked mussels in little plastic containers are my main seafood once or twice a week. Do you get fresh clams / seafood or do you buy precooked too?

Are you still eating red meat? It is pretty rich so I only have about 150g of beef most days.

Is gubinge also known as the Kakadu plum? Is that a fairly new product? Sounds exciting! I wonder if it is grown in Australia or like the macadamia is being grown in Hawaii!

The fires were pretty bad this year, but our state of Victoria had had a lot of rain so it tended to affect New South Wales more.

Sydney looked very smoky from the News reports.

A lot of people were critical of our Prime Minister for going on holiday to Hawaii at the start of it all. Even Bette Midler had some nasty tweets for him. Many of the fires were deliberately lit, and Global Warming activists got lots of mileage out of the fires.

Coronavirus is the big issue now, but Australia has recorded less than 100 deaths, so maybe we got a very mild version of it.

Who knows how specific these diagnoses and tests are! Dogma and political and financial motives hide the truth.

They may just be preparing us for compulsory vaccinations!

Australia never got into the hug a Chinese person fad that I hear was big in New York and Italy, so maybe that helped!

My parents, 78 and 80, have laid low throughout it all. They used to be keen cruise ship passengers, but they may avoid cruises for a few years now, even after the dust has settled!

Matt and Tess are well. We got in trouble from police early on for lieing on the beach on a sunny day, but we found that they were ok for us to walk along the beach without stopping!

Since the swimming pools closed I have improved my walking fitness so I can now walk for 3 hours without breaks, except to buy takeaway food or shop for groceries! There aren’t any hills here, so that helps!

Yes it could be that the oxalates in my 70% dark chocolate, potatoes and raw greens with no dairy was causing my mouth ulcers. Looking back at my comments here I saw that I had started peeling potatoes last year. Over summer I dropped potatoes for a 2nd smoothie in the evening, and when I came back to potatoes I forgot to peel them again!!

There is a 4 leaf salad premix available at supermarkets here which includes spinach and silver beet (swiss chard). It used to turn up accompanying egg dishes at various cafes, but I have avoided it for a while!

Good on you for going batty with your CO2 tent! I’m not surprised you are feeling healthier! In the early part of the bible, people lived to 900 (Genesis 5), then after the flood the next 10 generations lived gradually shorter and shorter lives (Genesis 11). Strangely, lifespans did not get shorter all at once!

Perhaps the flood buried all the forests (and carbon) under mud, and as new forests grew up over the next 200 years they sucked out a lot of the protective CO2 from the atmosphere leaving us with the low levels we have today and shorter lifespans.

So one interpretation is that CO2 prolongs life, and burning fossil fuels would extend lifespans!

I found a recent study comparing orange juice with lemon juice for kidney stone removal benefits. They concluded that OJ was better because the urine ended up more alkaline!

It seems that Ray Peat got there before them!

All the best!

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Thanks! :) Yeah, that was a scary time for sure! I thought I was in the clear when I last logged, but things got terribly worse. I've written about it, and my current diet, throughout the forum but should probably update the log. Anyhow, long story short, I started turning blue from the lack of air.

Yep, I'm still taking thyroid and consuming fruit (mainly juiced), shellfish (and marine collagen and gelatinous fish broth) and eggs, but not dairy or beef. I'm not currently able to maintain this same level of health while including them in my diet, but my goal is to tolerate ricotta and cottage cheese.

Nice! I like it when seafood is already prepared and ready to eat. I buy tanner crab and the fish broth that way, but the rest is either still in its shell or frozen raw. I mainly try to get as local and sustainably managed and harvested as possible, and then go for what's most convenient.

Yep, kakadu plum! I get it from here:

Kimberly Wild Gubinge | The Fruit

That's terrible that the Prime Minister went on holiday at the start of the fires. I swear, if any of us showed the same work ethic as many of those in government, we'd be out of a job. If not the lack of hugging, maybe God/the universe took pity on you guys given what you recently went through.

I'm glad all of you are doing okay. I can understand your parents wanting to possibly avoid cruises for a few years. Too bad, though. I imagine they're a lot of fun. My grandparents really enjoyed taking bus trips after my grandfather retired.

Oy! Such crazy times we're in where lying on a beach is an offense. Too bad about the swimming pools being closed, but walking 3 hours without breaks is impressive, even without hills! I've mostly gone for car rides to keep my sanity until the weather warms up enough for longer walks.

Ah, yes! I remember talking with you about peeling potatoes. I'm almost certain Blossom mentioned having an issue with oxalates, too. My friend, a member here (Dutchie), has an issue with them, also. I wish my issue with dairy was due to oxalates. Spinach is far easier for me to avoid than SIBO. lol

I like your theory much better than the fruitarian theory that we're living shorter lives because we stopped eating our natural diet of raw fruit :rolleyes:. Funny, for some reason, the thought of living 900 years bothers me as much as the thought of not living forever. Something about that never ending feeling.

Interesting! Do you happen to remember what the urine pHs were for the lemon juice and OJ?

Talk with you later! :)

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

I’ve been away from the forum for a while, so I missed your recent troubles. Turning blue sounds bad. Was this an issue with haemoglobin?

It sounds like you are on the mend now. Remember you can always go back to the last safe diet, and if you doubt what that was, then there is always melons! You can then widen your tests from there!

I just discovered cocoa powder has almost the same amount of oxalate as spinach, so even 100g of milk chocolate (25% cocoa solids) has over 100mg oxalate! (That’s a small serving for me!)

I think I will set all chocolate aside for a while [again]!

Given my current obsession, I couldn’t resist a quick google:

“The Kakadu plum contains 2,717 mg of oxalate per 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of dried fruit.”

Ouch. :vomit::skull::screamcat:

Sally says that 3500mg may be a fatal dose for some people!

I found an online booklet which states:

“Williams and Edwards 2016b have further found that phenolic ellagic acid, noted for its nutritional and pharmacological potential as an antioxidant and antimicrobial agent, needs to be isolated from oxalic acid if it is to be a useful therapeutic drug. Kakadu plum (Terminalia ferdinandiana) fruit was found to be an abundant source of this phytochemical. The fruit also contains large amounts of vitamin C (mainly as ascorbic acid, AA) and possibly the undesirable oxalic acid (OA). Regular consumption of high oxalate foods poses a variety of health risks in humans including interference with calcium absorption and kidney stone formation. Oxalate is also the end-product of AA metabolism so that consumption of fruit with heightened AA content has the potential to elevate urinary oxalate levels. The Williams and Edwards study seems to confirm traditional Aboriginal protocols about eating kakadu plum in moderation.”

Coincidently, the Latin name for the plant is terminalia! Is there any warning on the package about consuming too much at once?

Still, you are feeling good on it, and it’s probably fine if you only take small amounts, and at $900 AUD per kg, the price tag probably limits consumption! Also your fruit juices may help eliminate any oxalate issues.

Its probably also a great export earner for Australia! :wink

Sorry to diss your favourite supplement. It’s just that I have been watching several hours of Sally K Norton this week and so I am currently immersed in her point of view! It will take a while to see if I get any benefits from her radical rantings!

I found the reference on the oxalic acid content and added it to the Wikipedia article:

http://era.daf.qld.gov.au/id/eprint/5393/1/1-s2.0-S0963996916303180-main.pdf

Williams, D. J., D. Edwards, et al. (2016). “Organic acids in Kakadu plum (Terminalia ferdinandiana): The good (ellagic), the bad (oxalic) and the uncertain (ascorbic).” Food Research International 89: 237-244.

They seem to say it is slightly more dangerous than star fruit!

Well 900 years seems like a long time to us, but it is still finite. I imagine Methuselah having a midlife crisis around age 485 with his wife complaining,

“What do you want a 3 horse chariot for? You’re not 100 anymore!”

Here is the lemonade vs orange juice study:

Comparative Value of Orange Juice versus Lemonade in Reducing Stone-Forming Risk

The lemonade drinkers had an average urinary ph of 5.7 while the OJ drinkers had an average urinary ph of 6.3

There was another study that showed grapefruit juice increased urinary oxalate excretion, but they thought this was bad! They may reckon all of those oxalates came from the grapefruit juice or from the vitamin C in the grapefruit juice, and by having them travel through the kidney and bladder increases the risk of stone formation.

However, it would be good if some of the oxalates in the urine after grapefruit is from foods eaten long ago that are being released from tissues.

If so I would prefer to urinate that out than have oxalate crystals coming out of my eyeballs!

At least I think that’s what Sally said happened to her!

Cut ’em out, Ride ’em in, Raphide!

ciao for now!

Richard.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Nice to ‘see’ you Jennifer and Rich! Oxalate turned out to be a huge factor in solving my own health issues. I’m pretty sure learning about and removing oxalate from my diet has been the #1 most helpful thing I’ve done. I’ve been eating low oxalate for over a year and continue to gradually but consistently improve despite a record high level of stress. It probably doesn’t apply to everyone but I think it’s worth considering for anyone who has been on a plant based diet long term and has mysterious and stubborn health problems.

Dutchie

What do you guys eat,since vit.C,glycine and fructose are involved with endogenous oxalate production? I've been eating low ox for a while now,but it seems my endogenous oxalate production is on a rampage when supplementing or eating vit.C,glycine/gelatin.
(I stopped eating fruits and natural sugars,dairy years ago)....since I experienced more harm than good. I also discovered I have some gene variants that apparently don't do so well with fructose. Lately,however I find myself being drawn to this way of eating again....though I'm hesitant to give things another try. Now,I'm dealing with oxalate sensitivity (...or maybe only now notice it) which brings its own set of dietary loopholes.

redsun

What do you guys eat,since vit.C,glycine and fructose are involved with endogenous oxalate production? I've been eating low ox for a while now,but it seems my endogenous oxalate production is on a rampage when supplementing or eating vit.C,glycine/gelatin.
(I stopped eating fruits and natural sugars,dairy years ago)....since I experienced more harm than good. I also discovered I have some gene variants that apparently don't do so well with fructose. Lately,however I find myself being drawn to this way of eating again....though I'm hesitant to give things another try. Now,I'm dealing with oxalate sensitivity (...or maybe only now notice it) which brings its own set of dietary loopholes.

How's you meat intake (including fish)?

This vitamin handbook gives a clue here that perhaps B6 deficiency is involved:

Screenshot_20200515-124247_Drive.jpg

Dutchie

Thanks Redsun.... I live on meat and fish daily. (I eat too much protein in general for ketogenic purposes). Also I take a methylated B-Complex.
My B1 and B6 have been tested and came back as sufficient, however that does not say anything about how much actually is in the cells. When dealing with oxalates,now mostly endogenous production, I can imagine the body has a high demand to go through various nutrients fast.

I've been pondering what might've triggered this issue... 1) Too low calcium in relation to phosphorus for quite some time.... or 2) Oxalic acid is anti-bacterial,it's what plants create to defend themselves. So,maybe my body created or creates it bc it might be battling some kind of bacterial or fungal overgrowth...
However I've been tested for these through multiple tests and none ever came up.
Other than that....I guess it's time to clean up. If I'd lose some midsection fat along the way and regain a more youthful look and feel again,that would be nice.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

My hemoglobin levels remained normal, but my CO2 and oxygen saturation dropped below normal. I started turning blue after my breathing became so bad I was gasping for air 24/7 and fighting syncope episodes every time I ate. I ended up going back to my previous fruitarian diet, mainly what you said -- melons (lol) -- and the issue resolved. Later I added the tofu without issue.

I want to post an updated list of what I'm consuming and using on my body as a reference for myself but also, if you, @Blossom and @Dutchie don't mind, would you look it over and see if there's anything you guys think are a potential oxalate issue? Poor kidney function (kidney disease, failure and stones) run in my family so I'm really curious about those crystals I saw in my urine.

My families history of poor kidney function may be due to our history of poor adrenal and thyroid function, or maybe it's due to personal things beyond the physical, or all three, who knows, but I don't think it would hurt to reduce oxalates to see if it allows me to tolerate cheese curds again. The universe is really cruel to keep a French girl from tolerating cheese!

Haha! No worries, Rich! I only recently began experimenting with the gubinge -- I debated between it and camu camu. I'm only loyal to nettle, though, if you guys think it's a potential issue, I don't mind forgoing taking my tincture while experimenting with a low oxalate diet. With the gubinge, I've been taking the recommended dose of 1.5 grams per day.

That's true, but the thought of 900 years still terrifies me. "Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on" :nailbiting: Hehe! Three horses is a bit excessive.

Thank you for linking the study! So it looks like OJ produced a urine pH close to what Ray, Dr. Morse and Carey Reams (RBTI) say is ideal. Nice! I checked the OJ at the market today and it's really dark so it should be sweet enough to start drinking again. It was light yellow and really acidic for quite a while.

Lol Me too! I eliminated a lot of mucus through my eyes when I started following Dr. Morse's advice. Lord help me had it been crystals. Yikes!

:wave: @Blossom! That's so great to hear! Thanks for sharing! I can just imagine how much stress you've been under given your job and the virus so continuing to improve is quite a feat. Have you noticed improvements with your pituitary tumor? Do you still follow some of Ray's dietary advice while eating low oxalate or do you find it doesn't matter? I'd imagine muscle meat is a regular part of a low oxalate diet if dairy isn't tolerated?

@Dutchie -- Yay, you're here! :D

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That's so great to hear! Thanks for sharing! I can just imagine how much stress you've been under given your job and the virus so continuing to improve is quite a feat. Have you noticed improvements with your pituitary tumor? Do you still follow some of Ray's dietary advice while eating low oxalate or do you find it doesn't matter? I'd imagine muscle meat is a regular part of a low oxalate diet if dairy isn't tolerated?

:greenwave
I still don’t do much dairy beyond the occasional spoon of sour cream or goat cheese. I eat a lot of meat from a local family farm. I’m probably their #1 customer. I still have the occasional twinge of guilt as a hold over from my veg/vegan days but I have to do the best I can with what I can tolerate. It’s Peaty in the essence that I’m now acting on what I have found helps me function my best and remain as strong and healthy as possible.
My pituitary tumor has been quiet again for many months but that’s happened before so time will tell! Thank you so much for checking.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

:greenwave
I still don’t do much dairy beyond the occasional spoon of sour cream or goat cheese. I eat a lot of meat from a local family farm. I’m probably their #1 customer. I still have the occasional twinge of guilt as a hold over from my veg/vegan days but I have to do the best I can with what I can tolerate. It’s Peaty in the essence that I’m now acting on what I have found helps me function my best and remain as strong and healthy as possible.
My pituitary tumor has been quiet again for many months but that’s happened before so time will tell! Thank you so much for checking.
Oh good! I hope it continues to stay quiet. Knowing that you continue to improve, I can't see why it wouldn't but fingers and toes crossed anyway. :)

I completely understand still feeling some guilt. I still do, likely because I can directly see the animal's life I've taken whereas, the lives taken to grow the plants I eat, I don't see. The blood essentially stays on the hands of the farmer so as an ethical vegan who didn't grow all her own food, it afforded me the ability to have a false sense of riteousness in a way, you know? You may be more "ethical" now than you were as a vegan/vegetarian but regardless, as you said, we do the best we can with what we tolerate. I didn't create this body so I can't exactly be upset with myself because it doesn't care about my ethics. lol But yeah, your diet sounds quite Peaty to me. :)

Dutchie

Hi @Richiebogie,

I want to post an updated list of what I'm consuming and using on my body as a reference for myself but also, if you, @Blossom and @Dutchie don't mind, would you look it over and see if there's anything you guys think are a potential oxalate issue? Poor kidney function (kidney disease, failure and stones) run in my family so I'm really curious about those crystals I saw in my urine.

My families history of poor kidney function may be due to our history of poor adrenal and thyroid function, or maybe it's due to personal things beyond the physical, or all three, who knows, but I don't think it would hurt to reduce oxalates to see if it allows me to tolerate cheese curds again. The universe is really cruel to keep a French girl from tolerating cheese!

Dutchie

Sally Norton mentions that oxalates often like to settle in weak spots in the body; thyroid and kidneys often being a favorite spot.:/
In my own case I wonder if they've (also) settled in my brain. I've heard MS patients suddenly having a clean scan with no leisures when they go in for a scan.

Sally recommends sticking to basically these low-ox plants:
Recommended vegetables: Winter squash, Green peas, Bok choy, Mustard greens,(romaine) lettuce,bok choy,cucumber
Recommended fruits: Blueberries, Lemons, Melons, Pineapple, Papaya, Mango, Gala apple, Grapes

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer, yes let us know your current diet, particularly if you are feeling great on it.

Tofu is quite high in oxalate according to this document which shows oxalate per 100g of some foods.

https://www.researchgate.net/profil...Nephrolithiasis.pdf?origin=publication_detail

Of course if tofu is responsible for you feeling great, then you should only remove it if you can find something better to replace it with!

Dairy is a tricky food. If I eat too much I feel like I have concrete setting in my intestines! On the bright side, if I ever get cremated I may leave behind an intriguing museum exhibit!

Hi @Blossom. Do you currently eat any fruit & veg with your meat?

I removed a lot of high oxalate foods like spinach, carrot and sweet potato when I tried the Grant Genereux low beta carotene / low vitamin A experiment.

Grant’s theory didn’t mind dark chocolate, but Sally’s does, so I am now combining both theories and eliminating chocolate, grains, peas, beans and other seeds too!

At some stage I could try adding back pumpkin, lettuce and arugula to see if I feel worse due to more beta carotene (Grant’s theory), or better due to more beta carotene, folate, vitamin k & no increase in oxalates (Sally’s theory)!

However since both theories are supposed to be slow accumulation issues I might just follow both for a while and hedge my bets!

Hi @Dutchie, what sort of symptoms do you experience with the mind?

That is interesting that Sally allows blueberries! I think her most feared berry is the blackberry, though some tables I have seen show raspberry and blackberry as a little bad, but black raspberry as bad.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a black raspberry!

Cheers All!