Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

And tastes good, too! :D

image.jpeg

Runenight201

The farm has whole turkeys but they also make their own all natural deli meat like liverwurst and roasted turkey breast so I get the turkey that way. The ingredients are turkey, turkey broth and sea salt. I'm hoping the broth includes the gelatin from the bones, but I haven't met up with the farmer yet to ask him.

Do you think it's the gelatin and fat in the chicken drumsticks that is so calming and satiating to you?

I think it’s the texture of the meat that allows it to be very easily digested by me. A lot of other meats just don’t digest well and trigger inflammation (and there is no way I’m going raw...), but chicken drumsticks do. I recall having pork tenderloin one time too that digested very well and made me feel great, which is a fairly refined cut with no gelatin and little fat, so I think it’s more so the preparation and texture of the meat over the fatty content of it. I don’t reallly enjoy eating the chicken skin or the ends of the drum sticks, when I eat I specifically find most enjoyment out of eating the meat, and am usually quite turned off by the crunchier parts of the stick.

I wonder if turkey might be the same in terms of texture and digestibility. My family thinks I’m way to picky. I wish food didn’t affect me so particularly so, but it has become a facet of my life unfortunately. I wonder if everyone is this sensitive and just doesn’t realize it, and we peatarians are the enlightened crazy ones lol.

Cirion

How have you been feeling since you stopped eating meat? Are you sleeping better?

Hmm, I would say overall not much has changed to be honest, but I haven't been doing it very long either. The main difference though is I often don't feel as "heavy" after meals anymore. So I think at least for me milk is probably easier to digest than meat.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I think it’s the texture of the meat that allows it to be very easily digested by me. A lot of other meats just don’t digest well and trigger inflammation (and there is no way I’m going raw...), but chicken drumsticks do. I recall having pork tenderloin one time too that digested very well and made me feel great, which is a fairly refined cut with no gelatin and little fat, so I think it’s more so the preparation and texture of the meat over the fatty content of it. I don’t reallly enjoy eating the chicken skin or the ends of the drum sticks, when I eat I specifically find most enjoyment out of eating the meat, and am usually quite turned off by the crunchier parts of the stick.

I wonder if turkey might be the same in terms of texture and digestibility. My family thinks I’m way to picky. I wish food didn’t affect me so particularly so, but it has become a facet of my life unfortunately. I wonder if everyone is this sensitive and just doesn’t realize it, and we peatarians are the enlightened crazy ones lol.
Oh, okay! That makes sense. Like you I find most enjoyment out of the muscle and I'm very easily turned off by bones and cartilage so that's why I tend to go for the deli meat, scallops and crab. My brother is a hunter and really good cook and he always brines chicken breast and turkey tenderloin overnight so they come out incredibly juicy and tender.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hmm, I would say overall not much has changed to be honest, but I haven't been doing it very long either. The main difference though is I often don't feel as "heavy" after meals anymore. So I think at least for me milk is probably easier to digest than meat.
I'm sorry to hear that not much has changed yet, but I'm glad you aren't feeling as heavy after meals anymore. That's certainly a good sign. :)

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

Your brother the hunter must be pleased you are doing better with some meat in your diet!

It's also good that you are not throwing out all your hard-won experience on vegetables!

Maybe Dr Morse is right about eating lots of fruit while avoiding veggies, greens, grains and dairy...

He might just be wrong about avoiding all animal protein.

Maybe a little is needed to balance all those alkaline fruits!

Remember there's only 2 sides to chemistry!!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Maybe Dr Morse is right about eating lots of fruit while avoiding veggies, greens, grains and dairy...

Bingo bongo. That is where I am zero'ing in on.

Cirion

I'm just not sold on it yet personally because I don't think eating fruit is sufficient for protein, especially if you weightlift. I do think protein needs are probably less than most people think, especially bodybuilders, but its still more than can be obtained from fruits and veggies alone.

The myth of 1 g/lb: Optimal protein intake for bodybuilders

Forum debate on protein vs. Keto acids - can you get by on just keto acids? Smarter people than me discuss here.

@tyw
Ketoacids do not even have nitrogen in them, and they do not help "recycle proteins" (use of alpha-ketoglutarate in transmination does nothing to nitrogen balance).

There can be used as an energetic substrate, and any study of using these will show no improvement to net nitrogen balance, with symptoms of loss of structural muscle protein if not enough actual amino acids are supplied.

@tca300
I've tried to get my protein from potatoes, and even juicing massive quantities of them for the keto acids. As a person who strength trains several times per week, I've found over and over again that they ( keto acids ) cannot maintain and or support the building of lean tissue. For myself personally, at least.

Protein Vs Keto Acids

I do agree though that all foods except fruits in particular have give and take to them. I can not think of anything negative to say about fruits except that you might lack one or two nutrients. As such, I do say that fruit should contain the bulk of your calories, especially from carbs, with supplementation of other foods. This is pretty much Ray's approach as well. Out of all protein sources, in my opinion, (skim) milk and gelatin has the most give and the least take compared to muscle meats or cheese. But I think milk is kind of a necessary evil to at least give you the protein you need, and also the calcium and gelatin helps to counteract any negatives (tryptophan) from the milk.

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Sorry, Runenight! I just noticed I never responded to this part of your post. I'm sorry to hear your family can't understand why you're so particular about your food. I think it's hard for some to understand if they haven't suffered something similar and/or they can't physically see your suffering. Because I looked healthy on the outside, I had the occasional gesture made toward me to smile because I didn't look happy. They didn't understand it was the look of pain that came from living with a broken back and fractured ribs, and without any medication to relieve the pain. I also think that many are unaware that symptoms they think are a normal part of living, such as indigestion or bloating, aren't normal and can be overcome by paying attention to how they react to certain foods.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Sorry, Runenight! I just noticed I never responded to this part of your post. I'm sorry to hear your family can't understand why you're so particular about your food. I think it's hard for some to understand if they haven't suffered something similar and/or they can't physically see your suffering. Because I looked healthy on the outside, I had the occasional gesture made toward me to smile because I didn't look happy. They didn't understand it was the look of pain that came from living with a broken back and fractured ribs, and without any medication to relieve the pain. I also think that many are unaware that symptoms they think are a normal part of living, such as indigestion or bloating, aren't normal and can be overcome by paying attention to how they react to certain foods.
It's too bad people can be so judgmental about other people's food choices. It can definitely be a touchy subject! I lived through years of family strife until close family members finally learned to respect my choices (needs) and I in turn respect theirs too. I call them the 'people that can eat anything' or at least they think they can all while incessantly complaining about indigestion, diarrhea and more. :) Food is communal though and when you have certain restrictions or preferences it can be isolating and a bit sad when others don't understand and accept our situation.

Runenight201

Sorry, Runenight! I just noticed I never responded to this part of your post

:)

I'm sorry to hear your family can't understand why you're so particular about your food. I think it's hard for some to understand if they haven't suffered something similar and/or they can't physically see your suffering. Because I looked healthy on the outside, I had the occasional gesture made toward me to smile because I didn't look happy. They didn't understand it was the look of pain that came from living with a broken back and fractured ribs, and without any medication to relieve the pain. I also think that many are unaware that symptoms they think are a normal part of living, such as indigestion or bloating, aren't normal and can be overcome by paying attention to how they react to certain foods.

Lol I accepted the fact a while back that I was just not going to be normal and I’ve grown fairly comfortable in my peculiarities.

I have been thinking lately how if there is one thing that we could do to alleviate human suffering, it would be to emphasize sustainable food quality and quantity. I recall reading about how some islanders never progressed much because their island had everything they needed, and they were so happy, until invaders came and drove them out :(

Cirion

I hear ya guys, I often have the same dilemma, and get way too anxious when I think I may have to eat something that is outside my meal plan haha... like I have a friend coming over next week and I'm like... can we just bring our own food to the picnic tables outside instead of going to lunch?? lol

I told her my meal plan and shes like sweet, sugar! That means I can eat all the nutella and cake/cookies I want right?..... yeeeah not quite lol :P

Lol I accepted the fact a while back that I was just not going to be normal and I’ve grown fairly comfortable in my peculiarities.

Normal? What's this word mean? I am quite unfamiliar with it.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Jennifer,

Your brother the hunter must be pleased you are doing better with some meat in your diet!

It's also good that you are not throwing out all your hard-won experience on vegetables!

Remember there's only 2 sides to chemistry!!
Hi Richie!

I haven't seen or spoken to my brother since Christmas, but I know he'd be happy that I can eat something other than fruit without suffering. :)

Yeah, I believe so. Dr. Morse says to pull back from thought and observe nature. It seems to me nature is about balance. Proteins (acids) create structure and bases, fluidity. I like to think of the acid as the male principle and the base as the female principle. They balance each other out perfectly.

After 12+ years of eating a high fruit diet, 5 of which were fruitarian, I would hope I'm alkaline enough. Any more and I'd likely turn into a puddle. I'm trying to be like water but not literally. lol I think my body is telling me it's time for more of the male principle. I have a spine to rebuild. :)

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

It's too bad people can be so judgmental about other people's food choices. It can definitely be a touchy subject! I lived through years of family strife until close family members finally learned to respect my choices (needs) and I in turn respect theirs too. I call them the 'people that can eat anything' or at least they think they can all while incessantly complaining about indigestion, diarrhea and more. :) Food is communal though and when you have certain restrictions or preferences it can be isolating and a bit sad when others don't understand and accept our situation.
It really is sad how people can't respect each other's choices, especially when they're family. I don't recall ever feeling insecure about my food choices as a child. I liked what I liked and tried my best to get out of eating things I didn't. It really was that simple. As I got older, people seemed to focus on my size/body and that's when I remember becoming a bit self-conscious eating around people. When my weight plummeted, I was labeled anorexic. I actually lost close friends and was refused treatment by some doctors when I fractured, because of it. Thankfully, most of my family never judged me for what I ate. We could all sit down at the dinner table, eating completely different meals and just enjoy each other's company. Had that not been the case, I definitely would of felt even more isolated than I have at times.

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I'm just not sold on it yet personally because I don't think eating fruit is sufficient for protein, especially if you weightlift. I do think protein needs are probably less than most people think, especially bodybuilders, but its still more than can be obtained from fruits and veggies alone.
Yeah, I agree. There's a few male bodybuilders I follow on YouTube who were/are plant-based and it seemed that they couldn't maintain their muscle mass on all fruit or raw. A student of Dr. Morse, Ian Meyers, eventually had to add in things like sprouted and cooked legumes to maintain his size.
Lol I accepted the fact a while back that I was just not going to be normal and I’ve grown fairly comfortable in my peculiarities
Normal? What's this word mean? I am quite unfamiliar with it.
Hehe! Me too!
I have been thinking lately how if there is one thing that we could do to alleviate human suffering, it would be to emphasize sustainable food quality and quantity.
Absolutely! I've been thinking about that for quite some time now. With all the debating and arguing over what the best diet is for health and longevity, I feel like it often distracts from the bigger issue of food quality, quantity and cost. I believe everyone deserves access to an abundance of healthy, affordable food, and it's a dream of mine to have enough land so that I can feed myself and family and have enough left over to donate to food banks etc.
I hear ya guys, I often have the same dilemma, and get way too anxious when I think I may have to eat something that is outside my meal plan haha... like I have a friend coming over next week and I'm like... can we just bring our own food to the picnic tables outside instead of going to lunch?? lol
That sounds really nice, actually! I love eating outdoors. One of my favorite things to do was to bring my dogs to the park or lake and have lunch with them. :)

Amazoniac

Jennifer, this is something to consider:
How To Process Your Eggshells For Calcium

Unfortunately (as you can tell) it can take months to be ready and you run the risk of burning your house, everyone in it including yourself and you won't be able to leave us an update on how it went. It's possible that I'm a bit traumatized by recent local news of this happening (eggless fire).

mt_dreams (*2013 - †2018).

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thank you, @Amazoniac!

No worries! I'll just brew the eggshells in my cauldron out in the back yard.

Joking aside, I had thought about soaking the eggshells in lemon juice in hopes that it might make them easier on my gut and found this recipe:

Calcium Made from Eggshells — Healing Naturally by Bee

I also thought about bone broth but with both, I think there's a concern over their lead content? I figured coconut water and coconut meat were safer options — in his food analysis, Carey Reams found coconut (and all tropical fruits he tested) to be high in calcium.

I also bought some dried figs (I soak them in coconut water overnight) and 1 cup of my nettle infusion (1 cup of nettles soaked in distilled water overnight) gives me roughly 500mg of calcium. I would think the shellfish have a fair amount of calcium, as well?

Last edited:

Amazoniac

Thank you, @Amazoniac!

No worries! I'll just brew the eggshells in my cauldron out in the back yard.

Joking aside, I had thought about soaking the eggshells in lemon juice in hopes that it might make them easier on my gut and found this recipe:

Calcium Made from Eggshells — Healing Naturally by Bee

I also thought about bone broth but with both, I think there's a concern over their lead content? I figured coconut water and coconut meat were safer options — in his food analysis, Carey Reams found coconut (and all tropical fruits he tested) to be high in calcium.

I also bought some dried figs (I soak them in coconut water overnight) and 1 cup of my nettle infusion (1 cup of nettles soaked in distilled water overnight) gives me roughly 500mg of calcium. I would think the shellfish have a fair amount of calcium, as well?
I was skeletical about it (thought it wasn't potent enough), but this video convinced me that it's worth a shot:
Best DIY Homemade Calcium Magnesium Supplement Recipe using Eggshells

Better Jennifer than Ashley.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Just a quick update:

I'm finding I desire less sweet fruit and more protein as time goes on. I stopped having honey because it was causing a blocked right nostril, one of my signs that a food has irritated my gut. I've tried a few different honeys and had the same reaction to all of them. I've replaced most of the sweet fruit with zucchini dishes like zucchini soup, zucchini lo mein and starch-free clam chowder, and I've been getting in a good serving of animal protein at each meal.

Thankfully, my tooth sensitivity and back pain haven't returned, the ridges in my nails are disappearing, my sleep, digestion and skin quality are still excellent and surprisingly, I've experienced a rise in my libido and this intense feeling of love. My libido has always been strong but it's now even more so and is accompanied by this loving feeling, similar to when I was taking Progest-E but without the overly heightened arousal it caused — just the sight of almost any man and I was aroused.

As incredibly annoying as that was, I had this wonderful love high going on. There was a man I had romantic feelings for at the time and I thought he was the sole reason for the high, maybe he was. All I know is I'm currently feeling something similar so maybe this is a good sign that changing up my diet has had a positive effect on my hormones? Over the last 3 years, my progesterone level has tested high so it will be interesting to see what it's at now. I'm having blood work done next month.

Current foods I'm eating:
  • Zucchini
  • Strawberries
  • Wild black raspberries (from my property)
  • Wild blueberries
  • Canary melons
  • lemons (for soaking the seafood in to reduce the ocean taste)
  • Dried figs (soaked for digestibility)
  • Local pastured whole chicken (skin removed, brined, coated with coconut oil and herbs before roasting)
  • Local pastured roasted turkey slices (ingredients — turkey, turkey broth and sea salt)
  • Local pastured eggs
  • Local wild sea scallops
  • Local crab
  • Local clams
  • Local maple syrup
  • Coconut water (Harmless Harvest)
  • Young Thai coconut meat
  • Coconut cream
  • Coconut aminos
  • Apple concentrate sweetener
  • French Celtic sea salt
  • Culinary herbs and spices, including nettle