Jaw Tension?

caseys

I'm new, so please bear with me. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what would cause jaw tension or overall muscle tension. I experience this frequently and am trying to figure out reasons. I pretty sure it's diet related. The tension has gotten better since transitioning to peat from more of a phd, but today I had shrimp and my nose got immediately runny then the tension started. This seems to happen with animal protein except dairy and gelatin. I've even noticed it with eggs. Weird, right? Maybe more sugar when eating protein? Still wish I knew why this would happen even if I can fix it with more sugar. Thanks.

caseys

Interesting, Jenn. Thanks for posting a reply. I'll continue to keep track of my symptoms.

Dopamine

:bump2

DrJ

I'm new, so please bear with me. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what would cause jaw tension or overall muscle tension. I experience this frequently and am trying to figure out reasons. I pretty sure it's diet related. The tension has gotten better since transitioning to peat from more of a phd, but today I had shrimp and my nose got immediately runny then the tension started. This seems to happen with animal protein except dairy and gelatin. I've even noticed it with eggs. Weird, right? Maybe more sugar when eating protein? Still wish I knew why this would happen even if I can fix it with more sugar. Thanks.

It's magnesium deficiency! I had this same problem. As I started peating and my metabolism rose, I would start to get jaw tension that would prevent me from opening my mouth the whole way. You need more magnesium! As your metabolism rises, you have to consume more magnesium in proportion to your metabolism. I frequently have to raise my magnesium intake as I get my metabolism higher and higher. The signs to watch for are muscle cramps and jaw tension. The runny nose stuff is more likely related to intestinal stuff.

Dopamine

It's magnesium deficiency! I had this same problem. As I started peating and my metabolism rose, I would start to get jaw tension that would prevent me from opening my mouth the whole way. You need more magnesium! As your metabolism rises, you have to consume more magnesium in proportion to your metabolism. I frequently have to raise my magnesium intake as I get my metabolism higher and higher. The signs to watch for are muscle cramps and jaw tension. The runny nose stuff is more likely related to intestinal stuff.

That is kind of what I figured thanks. I will try making some magnesium bicarbonate or some epsom salt baths and see what happens