Jaundiced, Rat Headed To ER Please (!) Offer Suggestions

CoconutEffect

Rat never had this issue before, being driven to the ER as rat owner is typing;

probable - started Mirtazepine 4-5 days ago, 7.5 - 15mg

also taking (for bipolar disorder type 2)

Klonopin 3-3.5mg every 36hours
Lithium Carbonate 300mg (no fillers)
Methylphenidate 10-15mg mornings (on and off)
Diamant
5adhp
Tyromix/Tyronene

Stopping home to get rat supplies, any first aid ideas that could help the rat before doctors take over would be appreciated.

Constatine

Diamant might have heavily potentiated something in your stack. Its rather dangerous to take with to many supplements.

tara

I don't know the effects of all those chemicals.

Main symptom jaundice? Any other symptoms of concern?

Has rat been eating a lot of carrots or other foods high in carotenes?

Been regularly getting sufficient B12?

Not overloaded with iron?

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Well what are your symptoms? Diamant might have heavily potentiated something in your stack. Its rather dangerous to take with to many supplements.
yeah that's what I'm thinking too regarding the Diamant, the reason I'm on was to keep klonopin tolerance at bay

yellow splotches on face
yellow sclera
yellow tongue
minor nose bleeding

OP
C

CoconutEffect

I don't know the effects of all those chemicals.

Main symptom jaundice? Any other symptoms of concern?

Has rat been eating a lot of carrots or other foods high in carotenes?

Been regularly getting sufficient B12?

Not overloaded with iron?

no carrots

surely enough b12, will probably find out soon at hospital

regular blood donor

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Diamant might have heavily potentiated something in your stack. Its rather dangerous to take with to many supplements.
Should I even mention to the MDs that the rat takes adamantane? I can't find any evidence of mirtazepine/adamanatane interaction, so very unlikey they'll know something google doesn't.

I'd rather not be reprimanded, which is what will likely happen if I tell them everything the rat takes

on the other hand, psychiatrist has prescribed Namenda before so, it wouldn't be a completely foolish idea.

TSH will likey be zero but doctor also has prescribed the rat cytomel, so covered there

Constatine

Should I even mention to the MDs that the rat takes adamantane? I can't find any evidence of mirtazepine/adamanatane interaction, so very unlikey they'll know something google doesn't.

I'd rather not be reprimanded, which is what will likely happen if I tell them everything the rat takes

on the other hand, psychiatrist has prescribed Namenda before so, it wouldn't be a completely foolish idea.

TSH will likey be zero but doctor also has prescribed the rat cytomel, so covered there
I don't really think jaundice can come of it but adamantane can potentiate any substance greatly and increase the half life to as much as 8 weeks. Do you take those two substances at the same time?

You all need to be checking kidney function on lithium, damn

OP
C

CoconutEffect

I don't really think jaundice can come of it but adamantane can potentiate any substance greatly and increase the half life to as much as 8 weeks. Do you take those two substances at the same time?

I have been yes, Mirtazepine +Diamant
+ Klonopin and the others.
I doubled my Mirtazepine dose last night, I'm finally sleeping and have had the two most productive days of my life, now this.

I don't function w/o Klonopin, so I added Diamant to (hypothetically) help with tolerance buildup, instead of doing yearly withdrawal/washouts (awful) to resensitize (all under my psychiatrist's supervision)

bloom

Rat never had this issue before, being driven to the ER as rat owner is typing;

probable - started Mirtazepine 4-5 days ago, 7.5 - 15mg

also taking (for bipolar disorder type 2)

Klonopin 3-3.5mg every 36hours
Lithium Carbonate 300mg (no fillers)
Methylphenidate 10-15mg mornings (on and off)
Diamant
5adhp
Tyromix/Tyronene

Stopping home to get rat supplies, any first aid ideas that could help the rat before doctors take over would be appreciated.
Mirtazapine Side Effects in Detail - Drugs.com

Bottom of list mentions jaundice as a rare side effect of Mirtazepine. And for Christ's sake you SHOULD tell them everything being taken if you want help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom