Jared Leto - Not Aging Man

Nighteyes

Jared is cool for sure. Kind of looks like Jesus. Im amazed his hair is staying so Nice as well. Amazing metabolic flexibility and mineral utilization I bet

What about a K-Pop idol with pit bull?

Sometimes I wish your jokes came with their own little spoiler, explaining the point for us less intelligent peeps

Endew

I am honestly wondering if low metabolism doesn’t equal longevity.
In the last 5 years, which I have spent in a low metabolism due to eating lower calories I feel like I have barely aged.
I am 24 years old and almost everyone estimates me at being 19/20.
When I look at 5 year old pictures they look like they could have been taken a month ago.

Now that I am raising my metabolism I feel way better and more energetic for sure, my facial hair grows like 2x as fast, I can do way more etc. Just wondering though if this won’t age me quickly.

It often seems people who have the most energy/highest metabolism get old quickly in my surrounding. When I see some of these people that I hadn’t seen in a few years they seem to have gotten so much older very quickly. While the chronic undereaters feel bad with 0 motivation or energy they seem stuck in time and barely change appearance.

Your 100 percent right. Peaty has aged me but I was 25 and looked 19. Now I'm 27 and look it.

I am honestly wondering if low metabolism doesn’t equal longevity.
In the last 5 years, which I have spent in a low metabolism due to eating lower calories I feel like I have barely aged.

Of course it does, caloric restriction is the number 1 life extending strategy in many animals including humans.

I’m not vegan but also on a low fat high carb diet and I’m convinced it’s the way to go. I could always go on and cite Dr mcDougall Esselstyn Ornish Kempner Swank etc etc etc. Avocados nuts and seeds aren’t a problem if they’re only a few grams of fats per day. Soy milk is probably okay depending on the brand. Tastes great with buckwheat flakes. Not any different than having to go through 150 brands of mammals milk before finding a good one.

JustAGuy

I hope I won't age faster now that I upped my calories a lot. I'm looking 10 years younger than I am too
Do you also have a history of low metabolism?
Of course it does, caloric restriction is the number 1 life extending strategy in many animals including humans.

I’m not vegan but also on a low fat high carb diet and I’m convinced it’s the way to go. I could always go on and cite Dr mcDougall Esselstyn Ornish Kempner Swank etc etc etc. Avocados nuts and seeds aren’t a problem if they’re only a few grams of fats per day. Soy milk is probably okay depending on the brand. Tastes great with buckwheat flakes. Not any different than having to go through 150 brands of mammals milk before finding a good one.
What is your protein intake like?
I think finding the calories that give you the most energy per calorie is the best strategy. For me it is also high carb low protein low fat.
I have seen rat studies where they compared rats and adding 35% more calories but forcing them to run to burn those off again. They aged the same way as sedentary rats, so it does not seem that you have to live like a sedentary low calorie sloth, just have to find the calories which give you the most energy. I feel a Huge difference in 3000 kcal fruit vs 3000 random food calories.

InChristAlone

Limit poison A. Be a small person like me. I feel bad that most people over 6 foot won't live really long lives.

Jem Oz

What's odd is that his brother Shannon has CLEARLY had work done, and looks weird and frozen. He's only 2 years older than Jared.

Jem Oz

(I'd post a photo, but I'm at work and I don't want people thinking I'm looking up something so trashy...)

Luckytype

I just turned 34, the women at the office I work at were convinced I was literally 24 a couple days ago. Their jaws literally dropped when I told them my age, one covered her wedding ring(which was then off by the end of the day) which professionally sucks but socially is amazing still.

For reference, in my 20s I was either overeating or not eating nearly enough, had an extremely stressed out life, eventually started noticing physical changes that lead to an energy deficit eventually identifying some serious nutritional issues and lifestyle issues that forced me into a Peatesque reasonable approach to life, after a couple of years worth of trying nutritional differences eventually adding in some light thyroid supplementation and increasing my calories, though this week eating like absolute garbage with minimal calorie intake. Again though only the past couple years after things went "wrong". I beat the living piss out of myself for over a decade carelessly and stupidly and apparently I havent aged too much.

Point of this is there is more to it than just nutrition and "care" in some cases.

Jem Oz

I'm in a similar boat to you @Luckytype I'm 38 and no one believes it when they find out. One guy I work with literally assumed I was 23. I ate utter rubbish every year of my life until 3 years ago when I stumbled onto Peat. Even then, there have been some patchy times. What's weird though is that you can't just put this looks stuff down to 'genetics'. My 3 siblings look older than their years. Maybe I was adopted....

OP
M

Motif

Do you also have a history of low metabolism?

Not sure. Always skinny. Always lack of concentration.

But looking young is a great thing to me. One of my goals is to keep it that way

OP
M

Motif

For me it is also high carb low protein low fat.

Would be really interested in your diet!
I think fat is not my thing too. Makes me sweat a lot and tired.
I'm feeling good on sugar though

Luckytype

I'm in a similar boat to you @Luckytype I'm 38 and no one believes it when they find out. One guy I work with literally assumed I was 23. I ate utter rubbish every year of my life until 3 years ago when I stumbled onto Peat. Even then, there have been some patchy times. What's weird though is that you can't just put this looks stuff down to 'genetics'. My 3 siblings look older than their years. Maybe I was adopted....

And its too early to argue with my own siblings as there is a gap. My brother at 20 looks 18ish, so 20. My sister in her early twenties looks terrible for 22. My parents invidually are older now and way more active and able than anyone even 10 years their junior. Who even knows, outliers of some sort? Physically as far as ability I feel probably better and certainly as agile as my 20s, im just super tired because of the metabolism thing. I realize this wont last forever but since starting to feel betterish im taking full advantage of it.

My girlfriend who started eating clean when she was fourteen looks younger than 29. Perfect skin, hair thinning being solved thanks to my... ahem grey market products, in great shape 145lbs with abs and lower body muscles. Is 5’10, gains weight on two thousand calories a day. And she’s a teacher... stands up all day.

I believe that we vastly overestimate our TDEEs. Back in Salt Lake City I went to a performance center where they have you do the VO2 max test and DXA scan in one go. Being 6’3 218lbs 9.2% and active.... TDEE between 2700 and 3500kcal.

Don’t eat too much, and eat the most micronutrient dense foods for sure. As in... fruits, tubers, sourdough, buckwheat for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals