I've Taken 1 Gram Of Cyproheptadine Over 12 Months

mrchibbs

My father is very high serotonin. I once gave him a 2mg tablet of cypro and told him to take half... He ignored it and actually took 2 tablets (old school mentality) .... 2 hours later, I see him staring into the pool with a blank stare.... I’ve never seen him with his mind shut off like that before and actually think it could have profound effects on his personality if he were to take it for an extended people of time... This thread is awesome btw

Based on your comments, I can really understand what type of guy your dad is. Haha "old school mentality" made me laugh.

Despite some failures, I got my dad to start taking cypro regularly back in January, which has had the positive effect of greatly alleviating his diabetic symptoms. And it might have offered some protection for the vaccine, although limitied.

E

eat my peat

Super interesting thread.

Was thinking of taking cypro but had one question related to gut improvement.

Been having really dry/flakey skin recently and struggling to figure out whether cypro would help or worsen the flakiness.

I know the only way to figure out is to test it and see but curious if anyone has seen skin improvement regarding cypro?

tankasnowgod

Super interesting thread.

Was thinking of taking cypro but had one question related to gut improvement.

Been having really dry/flakey skin recently and struggling to figure out whether cypro would help or worsen the flakiness.

I know the only way to figure out is to test it and see but curious if anyone has seen skin improvement regarding cypro?

I have had sub par skin my whole life (Keratosis Pilaris), and cypro didn't seem to make any difference, one way or another. I think it might be a bit better after a year, but not a major change, ether way.

Digestion and related issues are much improved.

tankasnowgod

@tankasnowgod

Would you share what your experiences with cypro have been in terms of weight?

Personally, didn't really notice any weight gain, at least at first. There may have been some slight weight gain over time. It did not help for losing weight, and might have hindered it.

I've switched to Metergoline for the moment. I think the issues with weight gain with cypro are either from the slight dopamine antagonism, potential liver issues (it can raise liver enzymes over time), and the anti-histamine effects.

K

Kaur Singh

Personally, didn't really notice any weight gain, at least at first. There may have been some slight weight gain over time. It did not help for losing weight, and might have hindered it.

I've switched to Metergoline for the moment. I think the issues with weight gain with cypro are either from the slight dopamine antagonism, potential liver issues (it can raise liver enzymes over time), and the anti-histamine effects.

Danke!

Could you let us know how it goes with the metergoline after you have been on it for some time?
(in terms of weight too)

tankasnowgod

Danke!

Could you let us know how it goes with the metergoline after you have been on it for some time?
(in terms of weight too)
Yeah, intend to report after a few months. The early returns certainly seem to indicate more "dopamine" characteristics. I've had much better energy and drive, though there are some other factors that could contribute. Both Metergoline and Cypro seem to have true "antidepressant" effects, but cypro seems to make me a bit more passive, metergoline more "take charge," "get up and go."

K

Kaur Singh

Yeah, intend to report after a few months. The early returns certainly seem to indicate more "dopamine" characteristics. I've had much better energy and drive, though there are some other factors that could contribute. Both Metergoline and Cypro seem to have true "antidepressant" effects, but cypro seems to make me a bit more passive, metergoline more "take charge," "get up and go."

did you have high histamine symptoms with the serotonin too?
(prior to cypro)
insomnia?
insomn

Chad_Catholic

Thanks for writing up your experience with cyproheptadine. It sounds like it had some metabolism-boosting effects for you. The reason I want to take it is because I have been dealing with panic attacks, anxiety, racing thoughts, and severe insomnia for the past year now, and I am very desperate.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Thanks for writing up your experience with cyproheptadine. It sounds like it had some metabolism-boosting effects for you. The reason I want to take it is because I have been dealing with panic attacks, anxiety, racing thoughts, and severe insomnia for the past year now, and I am very desperate.
Sounds like you need sugar and the liver needs the ability to store it.

I still use cypro sometimes, it’s like that stuff wolverine drink to get recharged. The restoration that occurs over night from 1mg is really good.

Another great substance I had outstanding effects from was doxycycline.

Chad_Catholic

Sounds like you need sugar and the liver needs the ability to store it.

I still use cypro sometimes, it’s like that stuff wolverine drink to get recharged. The restoration that occurs over night from 1mg is really good.

Another great substance I had outstanding effects from was doxycycline.
You're probably right. I also have heart palpitations and twitches, and I heard Georgi say in one of his Danny Roddy podcasts that these along my other symptoms could be attributed to high serotonin but also to an energy deficiency, so I think you're right about needing more sugar; however, the only problem with that is that I have been consuming copious amounts of sugar for at least a month now, and while I am seeing some improvements in my energy levels and ability to handle stress throughout the day all my other symptoms have persisted. I suspect that due to being on the ketogenic diet and fasting for the past four years of my life--I'm 24 now--I have developed a fatty liver and some form of diabetes where my liver simply is not converting the sugar into usable energy quite quick enough.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

You're probably right. I also have heart palpitations and twitches, and I heard Georgi say in one of his Danny Roddy podcasts that these along my other symptoms could be attributed to high serotonin but also to an energy deficiency, so I think you're right about needing more sugar; however, the only problem with that is that I have been consuming copious amounts of sugar for at least a month now, and while I am seeing some improvements in my energy levels and ability to handle stress throughout the day all my other symptoms have persisted. I suspect that due to being on the ketogenic diet and fasting for the past four years of my life--I'm 24 now--I have developed a fatty liver and some form of diabetes where my liver simply is not converting the sugar into usable energy quite quick enough.
I came from low carb and started this journey 6 years ago in late 20s and still getting better now. It takes time to undo a lot of damage.

wildworld1992

I have used 2mg of Cypro for the past 5 nights now, and all I can say is WOW.

This has been the strongest tool to combat the PSSD that ashwagandha caused me. I can feel things again, music.

I have been combining alongside the herbal Cistanche extract that I've mentioned, so I think that's helped keep my dopamine nice and high.
Did you cure you PSSD 100%?

Akhdan

After initial constipation cypro made me very regular 3-4 times a day. A little excessive but a good thing after years of constipation. I had issues with constipation for 5 years or so. Cypro really helped me out with it and was the first thing to break me out of the cycle without being a laxative like cascara. I was taking 12 mg a day but I think 4mg would have probably worked for the constipation.

This is going to sound stupid but I have to use large public bathrooms or port potties at work and I was kind of uncomfortable or grossed out on a number of levels (splash back in a port potty isn't fun). Cypro makes you not give a ***t like normal people so that was helpful also.
Did you stop using it? Is 12 mg a bit high for 1 14 years old kid with asd? He seems irritated with just 2 mg

Waynish

Can anyone here explain how cyproheptadine is synthesized without all sorts of obfuscatory language?

southcesar

I take a small amount of cypro daily (which is in syrup form, making it difficult to measure) and I have always had mental instability. Since I started taking it, I notice a significant increase in the control of my emotions. However, when I discontinue use for a few days, I experience intense anxiety and paranoia. Also, I notice that my tongue turns completely red after ingesting it, my face looks more defined and my hair feels thicker. The only downside is the weight gain, as I feel my body more bloated (except the face). Although I've read about alternatives on forums, I've never actually tried any of them as the information I read was inconclusive. If anyone has any good drug suggestions for especially keeping hair, please let me know.

Waynish

at the bottom near the throat, yes
Well that is a primary indicator used during Chinese medicine treatments. Absolutely shows infection, digestion problems, organ imbalances, etc. Get a pulse reading and take the herbs they recommend; acupunturists will likely not be of any long term help, so avoid that.

supercoolguy

I took 4mg every day for a month to gain weight and it worked very very well but I was a walking zombie and it also made me quite angry, I think my libido lowered aswell. I really want to take it again as I have loads in my kitchen still but I hated that I can't be bothered to move feeling. OP Interesting that it helped your hair tho. There must be a way to at least help negate the drowsiness.
(1mg before sleep) Initially Encounter the same next day effects, any time i start. And I was about 1/4sec off on my reflexes. After 4-5 days things seem to get much better. Strongly dislike the first few days, tho it does subside later in the day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals