Sefton10

The quick response to this has been amazing. Thank you all so much for sharing your words... It's validating and comforting, and a beautiful reminder that I'm not as alone as I feel right now.
This has been a real strength of the forum the last 6 months. Stick in there.

Badger

Checking in from Ontario Canada to... rant?

Per the title of the thread: I've literally never felt this alone.

I'm 25/F, and have been told by my job (online work, small team, not customer facing) if I don't get the vaccine by the end of next month, I'm done. My partner is currently with me in being unvaxxed, but he's not as strongly against it as I am. If his works mandates it, I think he would get it so as not to lose reliable income.

My entire family -- parents and siblings -- have double shots.

I called my dad today after my boss gave me the ultimatum; I was pretty worked up. He is supportive of me and tried to offer advice but, really, what can be done, other than consult a lawyer? My mom piped in basically telling me I need to reconsider what I'm fighting for, now that it's come to this, and is telling me to talk to family friends who are nurses so I can get some "perspective."

Everything feels like it's crashing down, and I feel alone in it. What's happening is wrong! Why does it feel like nobody around me sees it? It's definitely not Peaty (or healthy in general) for me to wallow over this, but I honestly feel depressed right now.

I guess I'm reaching out for moral support. I'm exhausted. Apologies for the low-vibe.

Badger

"

Ryan Holiday On How To Courageously Stand Up To The Mob

October 5, 2021 By The Federalist Staff

The Federalist Publisher Ben Domenech hosted Ryan Holiday, author and host of “The Daily Stoic,” on Fox News’s “The Ben Domenech Podcast” on Monday. Holiday discussed his newest book “Courage Is Calling: Fortune Favors the Brave,” and how the virtue of courage plays into questions of politics and culture today.
Holiday is writing on each of four stoic virtues: courage, temperance, justice, and wisdom. “The idea is that these are sort of four pivotal virtues that the good life depends on,” he said. “A lot of people are struggling precisely because they don’t have a core set of values.”

“How do you think about courage as being, not just standing up for something, but standing up for the right thing?” Domenech asked.

“The virtues are inseparable,” Holiday concluded, “because courage in the pursuit of an unjust aim, it might be courageous but it’s not virtuous.” He referenced the infamous “Charge of the Light Brigade” as an example of courage “that we do have to respect, but then as individuals we have to always think about, ‘Well, why am I doing this and does it really matter?'”

Holiday also cited the importance of courage in daily actions. “We can find ourselves in a position where a lack of day-to-day courage puts us in a desperate moment where we have to be courageous, that had we just been a little braver a year earlier, five years earlier, we never would have been in such desperate straits.”

“In the context of the current pandemic, there is a real dynamic of the language of courage being embraced and afforded to people who are either refusing to follow government orders or who are taking stands against it that are essentially costing them their jobs,” Domenech noted.

“Obviously we need people like that in society, we need people who are resistant to the pressures of an overwhelming majority,” Holiday agreed, but added, “I think we can both acknowledge the lonliness of the stand and question the validity of the stand.”

Holiday and Domenech also discussed the interaction of courage and cancel culture.

“Tell me a little bit about the courage that it takes to stand up against that mob, because that’s not something that I feel like we’ve had historically to the degree that we have it today because of the immediacy and the audience involved with social media,” Domenech asked. “Talk to me about the degree to which that has changed the demands of courage on the average American citizen.”

“I actually think cancel culture goes way back and was probably worse in the ancient world in the sense that today maybe you lose your job but in the past you got exiled,” Holiday argued. “I think cancel culture is real, it’s certainly alarming; as individuals, the idea of participating in calling for people’s jobs or piling on is sort of shameful and embarrassing. I also think as creators or as thought leaders or whatever you want to call it, that’s a reality of the profession and you have to proceed despite it.”

Listen to the full interview here: Ryan Holiday & Why Courage Is The Virtue In Shortest Supply

cardochav

Fight it, I am also having to fight it and I work from home too. At least your parents support your decision, mine say to just get it especially since my wife and I have a newborn and my wife cut her hours. Luckily there is a big group of us here in Texas that are banding together. I definitely recommend finding a group of like minded compatriots to meet up with irl occasionally.

Callmestar

Stay strong. You are on the right side of history. Easier said than done and I don't know your exact situation but I will never take the vaccine even if it means losing my job or my home. I'm not even religious but it's way too similar to the 'mark of the beast' type theories and outside of that I'd never take it any purely based on principle and for health reasons.

I'd hope that if enough refuse this whole scam will collapse but looks like Candada are really pushing hard on this now.

KGK

You are not alone. Obviously, our families are not always right and that's so difficult but stay true to yourself.

Do you watch Tim Pool of Timcast IRL on Youtube? It's kind of politics/current affairs. Over 1 million subscribers. There's a lot of common sense presented. A couple nights ago there was a discussion around the mandates. Not a science based discussion but just refreshing and encouraging to listen to others coming from a place of principle.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Prayers for strength my friend.

OP
K

kaydeegee

I'm continually checking back here, reading all your notes <3 Thank you all for sharing these sentiments, reminding me we're in this together. I hope you're all finding strength to stay true to yourselves, too.

skittles

Checking in from Ontario Canada to... rant?

Per the title of the thread: I've literally never felt this alone.

I'm 25/F, and have been told by my job (online work, small team, not customer facing) if I don't get the vaccine by the end of next month, I'm done. My partner is currently with me in being unvaxxed, but he's not as strongly against it as I am. If his works mandates it, I think he would get it so as not to lose reliable income.

My entire family -- parents and siblings -- have double shots.

I called my dad today after my boss gave me the ultimatum; I was pretty worked up. He is supportive of me and tried to offer advice but, really, what can be done, other than consult a lawyer? My mom piped in basically telling me I need to reconsider what I'm fighting for, now that it's come to this, and is telling me to talk to family friends who are nurses so I can get some "perspective."

Everything feels like it's crashing down, and I feel alone in it. What's happening is wrong! Why does it feel like nobody around me sees it? It's definitely not Peaty (or healthy in general) for me to wallow over this, but I honestly feel depressed right now.

I guess I'm reaching out for moral support. I'm exhausted. Apologies for the low-vibe.

Nova Scotia here, used to live in Ontario.

Everyone I know has gotten it, except for one person, who despite being very anti-establishment, said he would end up getting it if it's mandated for work. My sisters, all my co-workers, my parents, all my friends, every single person in my contacts list, has just given in to this insanity. Everyone is constantly pressuring me to get it, even though I've been very vocal about how I'd rather be jobless, homeless, and I'd rather die in the woods alone, than to give in. Even though everything I've said about it has come verifiably true, and everything we know will happen will inevitably become true. Even though they, themselves, are becoming wary of how hard it's being pushed, and how unethical things are getting, they still say 'Just get it. Everybody's getting it. What are you gonna do if you lose your job?' I'm not getting it, I will never get it, and that's that. One way or another, I am leaving this world without this mandated vaccine in my body.

I don't have any friends who aren't in ideological opposition with me when it comes to this topic. I still love them to death, and I don't bring any of this stuff up anymore, and I'm not baited by their attempts at pulling me into an argument. But I'm beginning to worry that when it comes down to it, I won't be able to trust them. It really sucks. But, that's just the way the cookie crumbles, I guess. I've spent so much time alone now, that I've gotten over the hump long ago. I've already felt the bottom. And now, I feel pretty good. It's not so bad being alone. I'm not too concerned about what happens in the future anymore, because I've already made my decisions about it. I no longer concern myself with trying to save others, because I've wasted too much energy trying, and frankly, it has never been energy well-spent. These people are already gone. I feel like I live with conviction now, with dignity, with purpose. And if I make it through this whole thing alive, I'll be there to pick up the pieces and start over.

neschuler

Don't forfeit your convictions! There are way more people that feel this way than we think, but either they are afraid to say what they think or what they say is being suppressed.

I am in the U.S. and a month ago my employer wanted us to start showing proof of jab status & those who couldn't or wouldn't would have to start wearing masks again. (We had been on the honor system for a couple months, with signs posted that those unjabbed should be wearing masks but no one had to show proof at that point.) I told them to go pound sand. I was getting married in a week, so lucky for me I was able to get on my husband's health insurance & he is incredibly supportive and on the same page. I am now stepping out of my comfort zone and starting my own business :)

Most of my friends & family are on the same page. It astounds me the number of people though who don't see the pure lunacy of all of this, & it makes me question how close I want to have those people in my life anyway...

nieciadunn

I am from BC. You are not alone! There are more of us than you think.

It’s helped me to remember that what seems like it’s being taken from me right now is actually just the path being clarified. I find those of us with good hormonal function tend to have an easier time staying differentiated, and I keep reminding myself to hold that line.

Stay strong.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
And try to stay in touch with all of your family and let them see that you have not rejected them (though they might reject you - for now anyway). Stay away from the topic as much as possible with them and don't debate it. They haven't woken up yet, but they might one day. They might need a protocol if they begin to have latent effects - you will know where to find one.

AnonE

Fellow Ontarian here. Yeah it's getting pretty rough, we are effectively 'locked in' the country given the new restrictions. I had the idea of counterfeiting a pass but have decided against it, both in terms of convictions and possible penalties for limited gain. At the end of the day, I'm not suffering *that* much (yet) - work is still remote, restaurants are bad/waste of money, ditto for theatres and other such things. But man it's a squeeze. Funny enough what's really bothering me is the inability to partake in a single hobby that requires in-person gatherings, that'd I'd partake in for just 3-6 hours a week. It's really frustrating and annoying.

Other people in my life are mostly vaxxed, I don't really care, because honestly it should be like the flu shot. So, unnecessary most likely, but mostly harmless, and certainly not something to mandate onto someone else.

How will this house of cards ever fall? What are the possibilities here? I'd love to work to accelerate this downfall somehow.

Edit - also if any fellow Ontarians ever want to reach out, feel free! We're more people than we think, and can support each other.

Taotatoes

I'm in Alberta. Left a job mandating it, but since found one with like-minded individuals that refuse to toe the line. The majority of us are all covid recovered/immune. I don't want the mRNA and am personally waiting for different vaccines to come Jan/Feb (they are coming that's what Trudeau built that plant in Montreal for in 10 months time). The government is doing this to use up current supply and because of contractual agreements with Pfizer/Moderna (hence mad push by most governments to vaccinate by end of Oct). Trust you are not alone or stuck without other employment options, you just need to network (I guess until they take that ability away as well with the censorship bills). If worse comes to worse, there's people starting permaculture communities out here, as well as out there I'm sure. More than ever we need to stand by our convictions, steady ourselves through stoic teachings, save money and remember history often repeats itself. This too shall pass and I truly believe we will be vindicated next year (lots of sick dead vaccinated and the injured starting to speak up). The insanity could get worse before then but the way I look at it is it's gonna be a hell of an adventure in self growth/resiliency.

wolfman37

This doesn't answer your question or help with your job.

A family friend, 25 y.o. female, with supposed no underlying conditions, received her 2nd shot 2 weeks ago. 2 days later, she had tremors that turned to seizures. Now, she is in and out of a coma. Seizures stop when she is in a coma, but return as soon as she wakes up. All the doctors are denying this could be from the vax, but several techs have indicated that these symptoms have become very common, lately

CiggyTardust

This doesn't answer your question or help with your job.

A family friend, 25 y.o. female, with supposed no underlying conditions, received her 2nd shot 2 weeks ago. 2 days later, she had tremors that turned to seizures. Now, she is in and out of a coma. Seizures stop when she is in a coma, but return as soon as she wakes up. All the doctors are denying this could be from the vax, but several techs have indicated that these symptoms have become very common, lately

How could doctors responsibly deny that the injection is the cause? At the very best, they don't know. It's criminal and I've lost what little respect I had for medical authorities through all this (and I didn't have much previously). One of my wife's relatives in Taiwan (a previously healthy teenage girl) developed epilepsy after several injections of the HPV vaccine and the doctor there said the same thing: no connection. Are they just covering their asses or do they actually believe what they're saying? To dismiss concerns of victims so casually is unscientific and irresponsible.

Lollipop2

Fight it, I am also having to fight it and I work from home too. At least your parents support your decision, mine say to just get it especially since my wife and I have a newborn and my wife cut her hours. Luckily there is a big group of us here in Texas that are banding together. I definitely recommend finding a group of like minded compatriots to meet up with irl occasionally.
Where are you in TX? I am in TX as well. TX is better than most states.

Lollipop2

I'm continually checking back here, reading all your notes <3 Thank you all for sharing these sentiments, reminding me we're in this together. I hope you're all finding strength to stay true to yourselves, too.
Stay strong! Follow your own inner drum and maintain your humanity. You will find others like you. Friends can shop for you if necessary. Look for home spun underground solutions for getting by.

My husband and I are in this together and will never be injected. We have decided it is the hill we will die on if necessary.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals