kaydeegee

Hey all — Happy New Year!

I appear to have contracted Omicron. The only vaxxed person in my house was the first to show symptoms, and in the days since, the illness has ripped through the rest of us. I haven’t tested, but my experience aligns perfectly with all the symptoms I’ve seen online.

The worst of it for me are the sore throat and night sweats. I’m talking the most pain I’ve ever felt — I am almost brought to tears every time I swallow. This, plus sweating to the point of needing to change my pyjamas for 3 nights so far.

I’ve been taking NAC in the morning, plus Niacinamide and Vit E in small doses (sprinkled into my water) through the day. Does anyone have suggestions on what more I can do to kick this thing, and mitigate any long-term damage?

TIA <3

jomamma007

Cyproheptadine, Benadryl, progesterone, thyroid, carrot salad/ charcoal, vitamin D (from the sun would be more beneficial) or red light, methylene blue, aspirin, oysters(for zinc) can all be beneficial.

carlz

I recently got over Covid (not omicron) and aspirin was such a lifesaver. Also, I don’t know if it’s peaty but a nurse friend of mine suggested liposomal glutathione which I also found helpful. Stay hydrated with plenty of electrolytes. Methylene blue too! And an antihistamine. Everything but the kitchen sink basically. Good luck!

carlz

Hot tea with honey and gargling with salt for the sore throat too

Nebula

Hey all — Happy New Year!

I appear to have contracted Omicron. The only vaxxed person in my house was the first to show symptoms, and in the days since, the illness has ripped through the rest of us. I haven’t tested, but my experience aligns perfectly with all the symptoms I’ve seen online.

The worst of it for me are the sore throat and night sweats. I’m talking the most pain I’ve ever felt — I am almost brought to tears every time I swallow. This, plus sweating to the point of needing to change my pyjamas for 3 nights so far.

I’ve been taking NAC in the morning, plus Niacinamide and Vit E in small doses (sprinkled into my water) through the day. Does anyone have suggestions on what more I can do to kick this thing, and mitigate any long-term damage?

TIA <3
I just started getting a sore throat yesterday too. I was hanging around my brother’s family who had just been through some international airports and been on vacation so I could have caught something from them. It’s not too bad, but I started a bunch of synergistic antiviral stuff just in case. Aspirin, vitamin D, progesterone, zinc, vitamin C. Wish I had sunlight or UV lamps, but it’s cloudy and freezing today.

I’ve unfortunately neglected vitamin D and UV the last few months. I never get sick when I remember to keep up on those. Oops.
Hot tea with honey and gargling with salt for the sore throat too
Thanks for reminding me about salt rinses. Gargling and netti pot rinses have always helped relieve sore throat for me in the past.

Last edited:
P

Peatness

If you have swollen glands rob drops of vitamin D on them.

Overton

Just getting over it. Aches were my biggest issue. Aspirin was a big help 2x dose every 4-6 hours.

tons of OJ, D, magnesium, ubiquinol. Also shrimp & oysters, yogurt, cheese, herbal tea w honey, just good nutrition overall.

You should be thru the worst of it in 2-3 days. Hoping you feel better soon on the way to immunity

OP
K

kaydeegee

Cyproheptadine, Benadryl, progesterone, thyroid, carrot salad/ charcoal, vitamin D (from the sun would be more beneficial) or red light, methylene blue, aspirin, oysters(for zinc) can all be beneficial.
? thank you ?

OP
K

kaydeegee

I recently got over Covid (not omicron) and aspirin was such a lifesaver. Also, I don’t know if it’s peaty but a nurse friend of mine suggested liposomal glutathione which I also found helpful. Stay hydrated with plenty of electrolytes. Methylene blue too! And an antihistamine. Everything but the kitchen sink basically. Good luck!
Glad to know you’ve recovered!! From what I’ve read here on the forum I’m not sure the NAC is Peaty, but I decided it sounded useful in the short-term for that glutathione hit. Luckily I’ve got MB & hay fever antihistamines on deck — I can start incorporating … and yes, already devouring the tea/honey! Thank you ?

Birdie

Do you have nose spray ? I've been using saline nose spray. Then I lie down to let it get to my throat a little. Then I gargle water with baking soda or salt in it. Then, lean over the sink, clear throat and spit.

I do this after being around people in the market for protection, but it is the same for treatment. Only for treatment when you are sick as you are, I'd do it every 4 hours about. Plenty of aspirin. I do 2 tabs every 3 or 4 hours when sick.

Antihistamines - yes. Benadryl at night and famotidine in morning.

OP
K

kaydeegee

I just started getting a sore throat yesterday too. I was hanging around my brother’s family who had just been through some international airports and been on vacation so I could have caught something from them. It’s not too bad, but I started a bunch of synergistic antiviral stuff just in case. Aspirin, vitamin D, progesterone, zinc, vitamin C. Wish I had sunlight or UV lamps, but it’s cloudy and freezing today.

I’ve unfortunately neglected vitamin D and UV the last few months. I never get sick when I remember to keep up on those. Oops.

Thanks for reminding me about salt rinses. Gargling and netti pot rinses have always helped relieve sore throat for me in the past.
Sorry to hear you may also be fighting something! I’m in Ontario, Canada, so access to natural vitamin D has been slim in recent months. All my body has been craving the last couple days is a lay in the grass under the hot sun. (It’s the image I’ve been conjuring as I fall asleep at night lol.)

Solid note on the netti pot!! You mentioning it made me realize that while the pain is in my throat, there’s definitely a nasal congestion/pressure component as well. Going to work on clearing that up, ha. Hope you feel better soon!

Birdie

Perry Static posted this a little while ago. Might be useful to you.

-Luke-

If you have access to cistus tea, you can make a tea and gargle with that (and drink it of course). Works really well for everything throat related.

tankasnowgod

I appear to have contracted Omicron.
How could you possibly know that?

Several legal barriers prevented Reider and his doctors — as well as nearly all Americans who have tested positive for the coronavirus — from knowing which variant was to blame.

For a sequencing test to be validated, a manufacturer needs to collect data to show that the test does a good job of detecting a specific variant, then request emergency authorization from the Food and Drug Administration. Alternatively, laboratories can validate their sequencing tests "in house," meaning they collect the same data so CMS can approve their test.

"The process of validating a next-generation sequencing test is burdensome," Wroblewski said. "It takes a lot of time. It takes a lot of data. It takes a lot of resources. And the thing about the variants is that variants of concern and of interest are constantly changing, so you would have to do a whole validation every time you have a variant."

Why not just say you are sick, or describe your symptoms? Why attribute it to a virus and/or variant that has never been shown to exist and there is no reliable test for, just because you heard these buzzwords in the media?

OP
K

kaydeegee

Just getting over it. Aches were my biggest issue. Aspirin was a big help 2x dose every 4-6 hours.

tons of OJ, D, magnesium, ubiquinol. Also shrimp & oysters, yogurt, cheese, herbal tea w honey, just good nutrition overall.

You should be thru the worst of it in 2-3 days. Hoping you feel better soon on the way to immunity

Happy to know you’re on the mend ❤️‍? the aches were wild the first night. I’m on the morning of Day 3, and aside from my throat, I’m just hoping the night sweats back off soon. They feel so gross lol. Thank you for the nutrition reminder, on top if supps! I’ll do smoked oysters for lunch.

OP
K

kaydeegee

Why not just say you are sick, or describe your symptoms? Why attribute it to a virus and/or variant that has never been shown to exist and there is no reliable test for, just because you heard these buzzwords in the media?

As I said in the next breath of my original post, I haven’t even tested — I’m basing the assumption on my symptoms & how quickly this illness worked it’s way through my home. If using the “buzzword” means more people will more efficiently recognize what I’m experiencing, & thus help by pointing me towards action for recovery, no harm :):

OP
K

kaydeegee

Do you have nose spray ? I've been using saline nose spray. Then I lie down to let it get to my throat a little. Then I gargle water with baking soda or salt in it. Then, lean over the sink, clear throat and spit.

I do this after being around people in the market for protection, but it is the same for treatment. Only for treatment when you are sick as you are, I'd do it every 4 hours about. Plenty of aspirin. I do 2 tabs every 3 or 4 hours when sick.

Antihistamines - yes. Benadryl at night and famotidine in morning.

I do not have nose spray, but I may be able to get someone to drop some off for me ? thank you for this!

OP
K

kaydeegee

If you have access to cistus tea, you can make a tea and gargle with that (and drink it of course). Works really well for everything throat related.
I’d never heard of this, but a quick Google makes it sound very promising! Thank you for sharing. I think someone may be able to do a grocery run for me — I will request this.

Nebula

I’m trying to keep this in mind. I refuse to use media buzzwords too. I just know my throat is sore and I have body aches and so am just increasing some anti inflammatory and pro metabolic substances within reason for awhile. It could very well just be sore from breathing cold, dry air lately. It’s been between 10-30 degrees F where I’m at the last week and I was outside for a few hours a day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals