I've Been Taking 50-100k IU Retinol A Day For 3 Years

cout12

Am I killing myself?

I take 0.5 once of liver a day and supplement with retinol pills from fish liver, usually around 50-100k.

I need to take it otherwise I get acne and I hate acne. Pretty much only way to not get acne while not taking it is to avoid all dairy and starches.

I think I feel OK. It's hard to tell though. I'm a very sedentary person. Not overweight. Don't feel like I lack energy unless I exercise.

paymanz

i just read that excess vitamin A can cause bone problems, and liver problems.is your vitamin D status normal?bones?

paymanz

How do I know that?
for liver, if you feel good probably is ok , maybe a blood test.
and for bone its easy just do some exercise ,jog , sprint, see if your bones have any pain.or just touch your bones and see if they are too soft or have shrunk in size comparing to past.

tomisonbottom

Am I killing myself?

I take 0.5 once of liver a day and supplement with retinol pills from fish liver, usually around 50-100k.

I need to take it otherwise I get acne and I hate acne. Pretty much only way to not get acne while not taking it is to avoid all dairy and starches.

I think I feel OK. It's hard to tell though. I'm a very sedentary person. Not overweight. Don't feel like I lack energy unless I exercise.

Are you still doing this?

CoconutEffect

Am I killing myself?

why

Do you still take it?

lampofred

I'm starting to supplement vitamin A because I read Dr. Peat wrote a deficiency relative to vitamin D raises aldosterone, but I think it's affecting my mood in a pretty bad way... Vitamin D makes me calm, understanding, optimistic, Vitamin A does the opposite, making me calculating, unsympathetic, negative, etc. If vitamin D is the bright sunshine vitamin then vitamin A feels like darkness.

Can anyone else relate? Or is this due to some other deficiency or issue, not due to vitamin A itself? I took a pretty small dose (10,ooo IU) and I read about people on here taking massive doses over 100,000 IU with reportedly no bad effects.

GorillaHead

I'm starting to supplement vitamin A because I read Dr. Peat wrote a deficiency relative to vitamin D raises aldosterone, but I think it's affecting my mood in a pretty bad way... Vitamin D makes me calm, understanding, optimistic, Vitamin A does the opposite, making me calculating, unsympathetic, negative, etc. If vitamin D is the bright sunshine vitamin then vitamin A feels like darkness.

Can anyone else relate? Or is this due to some other deficiency or issue, not due to vitamin A itself? I took a pretty small dose (10,ooo IU) and I read about people on here taking massive doses over 100,000 IU with reportedly no bad effects.

Wait is this true about the aldosterone. ?

ursidae

I don’t understand how people clear their skin with retinol. I just ended my low a experiment with 9 oysters, vitamin k/e/d and a small amount chicken liver. My skin went back to being extremely red, my tongue went black and I got the fastest cyst in my life less than an hour after eating it. I thought it was an allergy to eggs and dairy causing it rather than the vitamin content-clearly not

Maljam

I don’t understand how people clear their skin with retinol. I just ended my low a experiment with 9 oysters, vitamin k/e/d and a small amount chicken liver. My skin went back to being extremely red, my tongue went black and I got the fastest cyst in my life less than an hour after eating it. I thought it was an allergy to eggs and dairy causing it rather than the vitamin content-clearly not

Your tongue went black? Any pictures?

ursidae

Your tongue went black? Any pictures?
upload_2020-10-22_17-36-53.jpeg

tallglass13

Are you going back to low vitamin A routine? I've been going back and forth myself because I really enjoy the raw milk that's easily accessible where I live. My son really loves the raw milk and it does feel nourishing. But after going back and forth and reading all of the work from Grant, it really does prove that vitamin A can build up and cause problems.

GorillaHead

Are you going back to low vitamin A routine? I've been going back and forth myself because I really enjoy the raw milk that's easily accessible where I live. My son really loves the raw milk and it does feel nourishing. But after going back and forth and reading all of the work from Grant, it really does prove that vitamin A can build up and cause problems.

The research is showing that too little and lots of issues will come up. And too much same.

furthermore appropriate metabolism is vital

ursidae

I’m not sure if it’s the right one for me since I have immunodeficiency. I think of this low A diet as similar to a fast. Excluding nutrients gives relief; masks the problem. I think restriction makes everyone weaker. In a fragile state you probably need those nutrients more than ever but you have to be strategic about the order in which you supply them

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals