IV ALA HAS RUINED ME AND I HAVE A BRIEF DUE THURSDAY--Advice On How To Treat Potential Mercury Redistribution Caused By IV ALA Use?

Brooks Esq.

Hello friends,

I went to a clinic that did IV ALA on me due to some mycotoxin issues I am having and it has made my cognition and focus SIGNIFICANTLY worsened to the point where I cant do any of my legal work and I am in HORRIBLE shape. This has been going on for MONTHS after the fact. I am now learning about the phenomenon of "Mercury Redistribution" and I am starting to fear that this might be what is causing my symptoms months after the fact. I have never had any mercury dental fillings or anything, so this fear may be unfounded. If this is what is causing my issues, I need some potential brainstorming from you guys as I am a lawyer and I need to get my brain back ASAP or I am going to be in some deep crap as I have a brief I should have completed this weekend that is due on Thursday and I have been unable to work on it due to how bad off I am.

Several Treatment Ideas: oral Dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA), oral Dimercapto-propane sulfonate (DMPS), Nebulized NAC (to get it to the brain better than oral, which I already take), Nano-Zeolite Spray like Advanced TRS or ACZ Nano (cant find anything on Pubmed verifying the effectiveness of this), or oral Selenium.

What do you guys think of these ideas to treat potential redistribution caused by the IV ALA? Any other ideas you guys might have for me? I really need your input. I already take NAC and Glycine and was taking Selenium until I read that it can render the heavy metals unable to be chelated out of brain (no idea how true this is).

Thank you, Brooks

yerrag

I would first question why mercury intoxication is suspected. Has this been verified in tests? That you don't have mercury fillings makes it less likely. Lawyer work isn't exposing you to mercury fumes like people who work in electronics repair who frequently have to desolder mercury. Unless you drink water daily from sites that require remediation as OSHA sites or you eat a lot of canned tuna on a regular basis.

Why is mercury suspected? Is it based on symptoms that match symptoms of mercury toxicity? If so, what are these? In order to narrow down on cause, it is most helpful to vet unlikely causes to prevent from going on a wild goose chase.

If the heart of your issue is fungal, I suppose approaching it frontally is a more realistic approach. Maybe your doctor thinks the presence of mercury makes fungal issues hard to resolve, and wants to first get rid of mercury, even though proof of mercury toxicity is hardly proven.

Fungal issues are not for conventional doctors to treat. Their toolkit is so limited and restricted that it borders on "see no evil, hear no evil." Unless it is something visible on the skin like athlete's foot, fungi is always an afterthought. Like when a patient gets treated with strong antibiotics, a doctor will followup with an antifungal just because. Just because in their experience that is a frequent side effect of antibiotic administration.

But that is how limited how Pasteur's germ theory model, a cornerstone of Flexner Zionist western conventional medicine is. It refuses to acknowledge the pleomorphic nature of microbial a caused disease. In place of seeing fungal existence, they pull us into this voodoo belief in the existence of a banshee in an invisible virus, so that the cure can be anything but a cure. The mystery of an invisible cloak is their way of leading us into great fear of an invisible big bad wolf, and with this a deep regard for pHDs and Nobel laureates from sacrosanct Ivy League schools.

On the other hand being allergic to such false high priest gurus in the establishment could very well lesd you to pepular websites and Youtube videos that are littered with quacks on the other end of the quack spectrum.

I don't have a veritable North Star to guide me, but I like the ideas of Bechamp, and see the presence of fungi and fungal parasites as utmost in virulence. I would make my body, or my terrain, the least hospitable to them, and would use unconventional methods to make them morph into more friendly microbes that are commensal to our health.

Many of the merhods you mentioned are mere "make work." They have no rhyme nor reason but mere desperate measures to see if something sticks.

In my experience, it helps to know that making your body metabolically capable of achieving optimal acid base balance is essential. When the body is temporarily unable to do that, then simply assisting it by way of providing extra CO2 by way of carbogen, carbonated water, or baking sods, can provide the body with the CO2 so much needed as a buffer to keep the body in a pH that is viable for recovery and less accommodating for fungi.

I don't have all the substances in my book, but I have used turpentine and artwmisia annua is recovering from a fungal parasitic infeststion or infection (with help from CO2) from a situation of deep angst and despair.
This comes from resisting going into belief in a cure from the molecular biological high priests that says it's viral. But I dont have to convince you of that.

LadyRae

How about a TBSP of activated charcoal in a tall glass of warm water? Follow with a few cascara sagrada capsules 6 hours later...Bind and eliminate what you can. Chlorophyll (get a minty liquid at local health food/vitamin shoppe) detoxes the blood. No one will notice that your brief is subpar because your skin will be glowing...
Hope these help...

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

I would first question why mercury intoxication is suspected. Has this been verified in tests? That you don't have mercury fillings makes it less likely. Lawyer work isn't exposing you to mercury fumes like people who work in electronics repair who frequently have to desolder mercury. Unless you drink water daily from sites that require remediation as OSHA sites or you eat a lot of canned tuna on a regular basis.

Why is mercury suspected? Is it based on symptoms that match symptoms of mercury toxicity? If so, what are these? In order to narrow down on cause, it is most helpful to vet unlikely causes to prevent from going on a wild goose chase.

If the heart of your issue is fungal, I suppose approaching it frontally is a more realistic approach. Maybe your doctor thinks the presence of mercury makes fungal issues hard to resolve, and wants to first get rid of mercury, even though proof of mercury toxicity is hardly proven.

Fungal issues are not for conventional doctors to treat. Their toolkit is so limited and restricted that it borders on "see no evil, hear no evil." Unless it is something visible on the skin like athlete's foot, fungi is always an afterthought. Like when a patient gets treated with strong antibiotics, a doctor will followup with an antifungal just because. Just because in their experience that is a frequent side effect of antibiotic administration.

But that is how limited how Pasteur's germ theory model, a cornerstone of Flexner Zionist western conventional medicine is. It refuses to acknowledge the pleomorphic nature of microbial a caused disease. In place of seeing fungal existence, they pull us into this voodoo belief in the existence of a banshee in an invisible virus, so that the cure can be anything but a cure. The mystery of an invisible cloak is their way of leading us into great fear of an invisible big bad wolf, and with this a deep regard for pHDs and Nobel laureates from sacrosanct Ivy League schools.

On the other hand being allergic to such false high priest gurus in the establishment could very well lesd you to pepular websites and Youtube videos that are littered with quacks on the other end of the quack spectrum.

I don't have a veritable North Star to guide me, but I like the ideas of Bechamp, and see the presence of fungi and fungal parasites as utmost in virulence. I would make my body, or my terrain, the least hospitable to them, and would use unconventional methods to make them morph into more friendly microbes that are commensal to our health.

Many of the merhods you mentioned are mere "make work." They have no rhyme nor reason but mere desperate measures to see if something sticks.

In my experience, it helps to know that making your body metabolically capable of achieving optimal acid base balance is essential. When the body is temporarily unable to do that, then simply assisting it by way of providing extra CO2 by way of carbogen, carbonated water, or baking sods, can provide the body with the CO2 so much needed as a buffer to keep the body in a pH that is viable for recovery and less accommodating for fungi.

I don't have all the substances in my book, but I have used turpentine and artwmisia annua is recovering from a fungal parasitic infeststion or infection (with help from CO2) from a situation of deep angst and despair.
This comes from resisting going into belief in a cure from the molecular biological high priests that says it's viral. But I dont have to convince you of that.
Thank you so much for typing all this out for me. Your post provided me much encouragement at a time when my mind is going into panic mode. You are correct that I have no dental fillings and the nature of my occupation places me at a reduced risk of heavy metal exposure. You are further correct that the crux of my current issue is fungal. All I know is that R-ALA orally always made things worse for me so I stayed away from it. A few months ago I went to an alternative medicine practitioner here in Idaho that did an endobiogeny panel (a really weird interpretation of standard Labcorp testing) and she recommended R-ALA for redox and neuroinflammation. My fiance who was doing her clinical hours at the same clinic for her medical licensure (and who is way smarter than me) told me she did not have a good feeling about it and I wish I had listened. I received a single ALA+Vitamin C+Glutathione+B vitamins infusion (different drips but at same appointment) and it has set me back significant progress previously made and rendered me immobilized at a time when I need to be my best. This has been going on since the IV infusion on January 2, 2023. I regret doing it so much but we cannot change the past. Last night I was reading on this forum people talking about the Andy Cutler Chelation fiasco and how people can do harmful mercury redistribution from sudden high dose ALA and my mind wondered and I have been panicking that this harm is permanent (which in all actuality, panicking is a good sign, since at my worst point in the mold illness I did not give a crap about anything and was in an unreachable world of my own). I have had no testing verifying the Mercury theory I am just panicking since my brief is due on Thursday and I am really in a bad cognitive state. I am so very encouraged to hear that you dont think it is mercury redistribution and that this will resolve. I sure as hell hope so as I will be in deep trouble if it doesnt. Your other information regarding CO2 and carbogen is interesting. I can tell you that the IV ALA effects, at least in part, were due to diminished T3 as my doctor provided me a script and I improved some but not entirely and ALA can inhibit T3. Any recommendations you can make for me? Why do you think R-ALA made my condition worse instead of better? I am also basing my issues on an assumption that it was ALA and not one of the others which can also be improvident I should have disclosed that in my original post I apologize.

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

How about a TBSP of activated charcoal in a tall glass of warm water? Follow with a few cascara sagrada capsules 6 hours later...Bind and eliminate what you can. Chlorophyll (get a minty liquid at local health food/vitamin shoppe) detoxes the blood. No one will notice that your brief is subpar because your skin will be glowing...
Hope these help...
I appreciate it. This brief is currently a disheveled dumpster fire and I cant get things right which is so frustrating. I have liquid bentonite clay here from Great Plains maybe this could help? I will look into acquiring the other substances you mentioned. Do you have any other thoughts for me? Thank you, Brooks.

yerrag

Thank you so much for typing all this out for me. Your post provided me much encouragement at a time when my mind is going into panic mode. You are correct that I have no dental fillings and the nature of my occupation places me at a reduced risk of heavy metal exposure. You are further correct that the crux of my current issue is fungal. All I know is that R-ALA orally always made things worse for me so I stayed away from it. A few months ago I went to an alternative medicine practitioner here in Idaho that did an endobiogeny panel (a really weird interpretation of standard Labcorp testing) and she recommended R-ALA for redox and neuroinflammation. My fiance who was doing her clinical hours at the same clinic for her medical licensure (and who is way smarter than me) told me she did not have a good feeling about it and I wish I had listened. I received a single ALA+Vitamin C+Glutathione+B vitamins infusion (different drips but at same appointment) and it has set me back significant progress previously made and rendered me immobilized at a time when I need to be my best. This has been going on since the IV infusion on January 2, 2023. I regret doing it so much but we cannot change the past. Last night I was reading on this forum people talking about the Andy Cutler Chelation fiasco and how people can do harmful mercury redistribution from sudden high dose ALA and my mind wondered and I have been panicking that this harm is permanent (which in all actuality, panicking is a good sign, since at my worst point in the mold illness I did not give a crap about anything and was in an unreachable world of my own). I have had no testing verifying the Mercury theory I am just panicking since my brief is due on Thursday and I am really in a bad cognitive state. I am so very encouraged to hear that you dont think it is mercury redistribution and that this will resolve. I sure as hell hope so as I will be in deep trouble if it doesnt. Your other information regarding CO2 and carbogen is interesting. I can tell you that the IV ALA effects, at least in part, were due to diminished T3 as my doctor provided me a script and I improved some but not entirely and ALA can inhibit T3. Any recommendations you can make for me? Why do you think R-ALA made my condition worse instead of better? I am also basing my issues on an assumption that it was ALA and not one of the others which can also be improvident I should have disclosed that in my original post I apologize.
My thinking, if indeed R-ALA caused these negative effects, is that antioxidants can interfere with the oxidative functions of the body with regard to energy production as well as with its role in eliminating pathogens.

I would, for example, take foods rich in gelatin and sulfur rather than take glutathione, and let the body make its own glutathione, if and when it needs it. As having an antioxidant in excess when not needed will curtail functions that are dependent on oxidative potential to drive them.

So much emphasis is given to antioxidants that a lot of practitioners are still stuck in the era of Linus Pauling, which was before the role and value of oxidants were recognized as just as useful as antioxidants. Health is more a state of balance more than the absence of bad players in the body. So much so that the marketing is driven all by talk of antioxidants and none about oxidants, the result of catering to a public forever imprinted with the salutary nature of antioxidants, with nary an attempt to educate them.

Thus, we cater to people who are beholden to panaceas in place of solutions. They prefer the simplest and shortest answer that leads them to a complicated solution, if a solution is ever offered.

People turn away from the typical Peatish complicated essay of an answer, without knowing it leads them to the simplest solution.

LadyRae

Yes, take some bentonite right away. On an empty stomach, and drink plenty of water. All I can say is that I would treat myself as if I was fighting off a bad flu or cold... I just don't have any real in-depth information or experience with mobilizing heavy metals, although I have read those same threads about Cutler protocol..

Best wishes from Eastern Washington 🍀

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

Yes, take some bentonite right away. On an empty stomach, and drink plenty of water. All I can say is that I would treat myself as if I was fighting off a bad flu or cold... I just don't have any real in-depth information or experience with mobilizing heavy metals, although I have read those same threads about Cutler protocol..

Best wishes from Eastern Washington 🍀
Thank you so much. Great appreciation from Southeastern Idaho :)

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

My thinking, if indeed R-ALA caused these negative effects, is that antioxidants can interfere with the oxidative functions of the body with regard to energy production as well as with its role in eliminating pathogens.

I would, for example, take foods rich in gelatin and sulfur rather than take glutathione, and let the body make its own glutathione, if and when it needs it. As having an antioxidant in excess when not needed will curtail functions that are dependent on oxidative potential to drive them.

So much emphasis is given to antioxidants that a lot of practitioners are still stuck in the era of Linus Pauling, which was before the role and value of oxidants were recognized as just as useful as antioxidants. Health is more a state of balance more than the absence of bad players in the body. So much so that the marketing is driven all by talk of antioxidants and none about oxidants, the result of catering to a public forever imprinted with the salutary nature of antioxidants, with nary an attempt to educate them.

Thus, we cater to people who are beholden to panaceas in place of solutions. They prefer the simplest and shortest answer that leads them to a complicated solution, if a solution is ever offered.

People turn away from the typical Peatish complicated essay of an answer, without knowing it leads them to the simplest solution.
You are extremely bright. Your explanation provides an answer to a question I have long wondered; why did NAC+Glycine bring me out of the 2020 Hellcurse abyss (see my other prior posts) when Acetyl-Glutathione and Liposomal Glutathione did absolutely nothing? Because it was more beneficial for my body to produce its own antioxidants as it needed them. I am going to stick to you like glue, my friend, as I think you have some really valuable insight. After your last message, I also took a supplement I have which I never used that is a bicarbonate blend. If there is anything else you are willing to share I am here to listen. Thank you.

Santosh

Hello friends,

I went to a clinic that did IV ALA on me due to some mycotoxin issues I am having and it has made my cognition and focus SIGNIFICANTLY worsened to the point where I cant do any of my legal work and I am in HORRIBLE shape. This has been going on for MONTHS after the fact. I am now learning about the phenomenon of "Mercury Redistribution" and I am starting to fear that this might be what is causing my symptoms months after the fact. I have never had any mercury dental fillings or anything, so this fear may be unfounded. If this is what is causing my issues, I need some potential brainstorming from you guys as I am a lawyer and I need to get my brain back ASAP or I am going to be in some deep crap as I have a brief I should have completed this weekend that is due on Thursday and I have been unable to work on it due to how bad off I am.

Several Treatment Ideas: oral Dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA), oral Dimercapto-propane sulfonate (DMPS), Nebulized NAC (to get it to the brain better than oral, which I already take), Nano-Zeolite Spray like Advanced TRS or ACZ Nano (cant find anything on Pubmed verifying the effectiveness of this), or oral Selenium.

What do you guys think of these ideas to treat potential redistribution caused by the IV ALA? Any other ideas you guys might have for me? I really need your input. I already take NAC and Glycine and was taking Selenium until I read that it can render the heavy metals unable to be chelated out of brain (no idea how true this is).

Thank you, Brooks

I was exactly in the same situation as you in September 2021 secondary to massive oral ALA doses and I recovered, so pay close attention to what I will write :

- first, disregard anyone asking whether you are sure it's mercury distribution. The very fact that ALA made you feel aweful is due to mercury redistribution. There are no other pathways in the way ALA works that explains feeling exhausted and non-functional for months after taking it.

- second, you need to mop up the redistributed mercury. The only compound on earth that is able to do so is OSR (Emeramide). It is purchasable from Fandachem, go check their website and send them a whatsapp on the number displayed to ask who is their closest distributor to where you live.
Check out the fb group OSR/Emeramide, all the literature and members's feedbacks are there.
You will need to take 500mg/day for at least 2 weeks. After 3 days you will already feel like a different person.
It's not cheap, 300usd for 20 grams (40 days supply), but that's your only solution.

- third, the mercury redistribtion caused a candida flare up in your gut. That's the body's natural defense mechanism to capture candida.
What you can do until your OSR arrives, and you should also continue during and after : ACV enemas, Nystatin enemas.
These are the only two ways of killing candida in the colon, it will make you poop strains of candida and you will feel like a new person.
ACV is purchasable anywhere.
Nystatin powder can be found on any bird vet store online.

Last edited:

yerrag

- first, disregard anyone asking whether you are sure it's mercury distribution. The very fact that ALA made you feel aweful is due to mercury redistribution. There are no other pathways in the way ALA works that explains feeling exhausted and non-functional for months after taking it.
So, anyone here interested in testing if they have mercury toxicity is to take ALA.

and if he doesn't feel as terrible as you did, voila!

- there is no mercury toxicity!

A very novel approach indeed.

yerrag

You are extremely bright. Your explanation provides an answer to a question I have long wondered; why did NAC+Glycine bring me out of the 2020 Hellcurse abyss (see my other prior posts) when Acetyl-Glutathione and Liposomal Glutathione did absolutely nothing? Because it was more beneficial for my body to produce its own antioxidants as it needed them. I am going to stick to you like glue, my friend, as I think you have some really valuable insight. After your last message, I also took a supplement I have which I never used that is a bicarbonate blend. If there is anything else you are willing to share I am here to listen. Thank you.
I'll just add to add learning to use urine and saliva pH testing to monitor your acid base balance, which I had outlined in a post in your previous thread a year or so ago. That has a significant impact as then you can control the terrain in a way that limits the presence and virulence of fungal parasites, and mycobacteria, which is a milder form of the fungi that has become parasitic.

Ras

Maybe consider using GPT-4 for the brief, until your issue is resolved.

yerrag

Maybe consider using GPT-4 for the brief, until your issue is resolved.
Hi;arious. Really? Better or worse than Google?

cs3000

Thank you so much for typing all this out for me. Your post provided me much encouragement at a time when my mind is going into panic mode. You are correct that I have no dental fillings and the nature of my occupation places me at a reduced risk of heavy metal exposure. You are further correct that the crux of my current issue is fungal. All I know is that R-ALA orally always made things worse for me so I stayed away from it. A few months ago I went to an alternative medicine practitioner here in Idaho that did an endobiogeny panel (a really weird interpretation of standard Labcorp testing) and she recommended R-ALA for redox and neuroinflammation. My fiance who was doing her clinical hours at the same clinic for her medical licensure (and who is way smarter than me) told me she did not have a good feeling about it and I wish I had listened. I received a single ALA+Vitamin C+Glutathione+B vitamins infusion (different drips but at same appointment) and it has set me back significant progress previously made and rendered me immobilized at a time when I need to be my best.
This has been going on since the IV infusion on January 2, 2023. I regret doing it so much but we cannot change the past. Last night I was reading on this forum people talking about the Andy Cutler Chelation fiasco and how people can do harmful mercury redistribution from sudden high dose ALA and my mind wondered and I have been panicking that this harm is permanent (which in all actuality, panicking is a good sign, since at my worst point in the mold illness I did not give a crap about anything and was in an unreachable world of my own). I have had no testing verifying the Mercury theory I am just panicking since my brief is due on Thursday and I am really in a bad cognitive state. I am so very encouraged to hear that you dont think it is mercury redistribution and that this will resolve. I sure as hell hope so as I will be in deep trouble if it doesnt. Your other information regarding CO2 and carbogen is interesting. I can tell you that the IV ALA effects, at least in part, were due to diminished T3 as my doctor provided me a script and I improved some but not entirely and ALA can inhibit T3. Any recommendations you can make for me? Why do you think R-ALA made my condition worse instead of better? I am also basing my issues on an assumption that it was ALA and not one of the others which can also be improvident I should have disclosed that in my original post I apologize.

1. what supplements/compounds are you taking day to day?
2. what are your iron counts & red blood related counts if you have a recent test?

ALA can become toxic when depleted of thiamine https://www.nature.com/articles/207...ted&code=67a600a2-e9c8-4628-ae37-91e87cfc3b3c
so if you were low in thiamine, but got the ALA first before the B vitamins (if it included thiamine). maybe that contributed

Interestingly, lipoic acid seemed to be extremely toxic to thiamine-deficient rats whereas its injection into thiamine-sufficient animals had not produced any undue physiological effects

-
one indicator you have metal toxicity without direct measures is your red blood related counts would probably be damaged,
hanging around the low end on tests. (if you had covid recently that can cause similar skew though).

studies are mixed but ALA might lower iron too. too much lowering of brain iron = negative to brain function. hard to tell brain levels , some people are more sensitive to iron drops due to having low iron as a baby which may create a lower "set point" that tends to be sticky in rodents as well as humans. but i guess it generally correlates with iron counts low ferritin / transferrin saturation

-
if you're concerned about mercury then the damage you're concerned about is from oxidative stress / ER stress
(meaning you would want good oxidative stress protection every day),

some of the main options:
-if you dont already take it daily, 500mg-1g vitamin C is proven in humans to protect from heavy metal toxicity decently. 1 month - 3 months for full effects. and better if its manufactured in US or UK rather than china. u could split 500mg into 2 doses daily 6-8 hours apart if going by blood levels but i think most of the studies i read did 1 daily

-zinc has a role in antioxidant system too and could be depleted by ALA maybe. but taken alone can deplete iron counts. combining the following 2 or 3 helps regenerate the oxidative stress protection enzymes that get crushed by toxic metals, this study shows in cadmium poisoning Amelioration of Cadmium-Induced Oxidative Damage in Wistar Rats by Vitamin C, Zinc and N-Acetylcysteine - PubMed [i remember reading something about NAC binding metals because of it having sulfur, but maybe the binding isnt that strong so could cause redistribution. idk the science behind that]

- low dose not high not supplement dose vit e if tolerated. 40mg shows good effect, high dose may be detrimental
- coq10 100mg over a couple months
- 125mg taurine protective in mercury toxicity, builds up by 5 days

flooding high dose antioxidants may not be great if you tip the balance. (i.e. for immunity)
but in reasonable doses, considering the level of environmental stressors tipping the balance to not matching ROS / stressors enough to begin with,
and definitely in the case of metal toxicity where antioxidant enzymes get crushed ,
preventing cell dysfunction & death with oxidative stress protectors is important

-
Then when adequately protected from extra damage its about accelerating healing
assuming brain cell damage from the toxin - maybe its a good idea to focus on things that increase neuroplasticity / neurogenesis / BDNF (as a healthy response, not as response to something causing toxicity)

progesterone is 1 good start for this (maybe extra benefit to applying it nearer the brain?) (zinc also has a role in neurogenesis. too high dose at once can impair mood acutely tho). i posted recently summarizing progesterone
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3582842/

Our laboratory (Singh et al., 1995, Kaur et al., 2007) and that of others (Gonzalez et al., 2004, Gonzalez Deniselle et al., 2007) have shown that progesterone increases the expression of BDNF in various experimental systems, including explants of the cerebral cortex, the injured spinal cord and in degenerating Wobbler motor neurons. For example, treatment of cortical explants with a physiologically relevant concentration of progesterone (100 nM) for 24 hours induces an approximately 75% increase in both BDNF mRNA and protein expression (Kaur 2007), an effect that appeared to be relevant to the protective effects of progesterone
some activities for neurogenesis are exercise in balance, and daily meditation also but studies are mixed depending on approach. increase peripheral BDNF levels (brain derived neurotrophic factor - grows & maintains neurons in key brain circuits for cognition & mood)
and peripheral BDNF crosses the blood brain barrier into brain cells Transport of brain-derived neurotrophic factor across the blood-brain barrier - PubMed to some extent Intravenous brain-derived neurotrophic factor enhances poststroke sensorimotor recovery and stimulates neurogenesis - PubMed

in your situation i would
. establish sufficient antioxidant protection daily to prevent damage
. check iron counts & red blood related counts
. ensure thyroid is good (u already mentioned that)
. support mitochondria with things that enhance mitochondrial respiratory chain complex (e.g coq10)
. look for ways to increase BDNF / neurogenesis. in hippocampus and frontal cortex

& see how things go over 2 months

Last edited:

Peatress

From the article

Lipoic acid and thiamine work in tandem in the Krebs cycle, so by adding one with a deficiency of the other, it creates a draw on an already almost empty tank. In one study, when thiamine deficient rats were administered alpha lipoic acid, it created a toxic reaction. Unknowingly, I’d taken a supplement that made my situation go from difficult to much worse.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

Hello friends,

Thank you, Brooks
Issues with ALA interfering/depleting thiamine function have been mentioned several times. I agree that a thiamine deficiency/functional blockage should be considered. Simply taking 300mg-350mg of thiamine hcl (with water only) and evaluating your response (takes maybe 30-60 minutes) could be illuminating. If your head clears and your inflammation improves and you feel lots better then that points to a thiamine issue.

When my thiamine function got blocked via Bactrim antibiotic in 2020, I recovered with high dose thiamine hcl. I had severe brain fog + other symptoms.

Please note that thiamine is needed for oxidative metabolism. If there's adequate thiamine and its function is not blocked then carbon dioxide is the end product of oxidative metabolism. Without thiamine, the end product is lactic acid. Good thiamine function resolves lactic acidosis and normalizes body ph.

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

I was exactly in the same situation as you in September 2021 secondary to massive oral ALA doses and I recovered, so pay close attention to what I will write :

- second, you need to mop up the redistributed mercury. The only compound on earth that is able to do so is OSR (Emeramide). It is purchasable from Fandachem, go check their website and send them a whatsapp on the number displayed to ask who is their closest distributor to where you live.
Check out the fb group OSR/Emeramide, all the literature and members's feedbacks are there.
You will need to take 500mg/day for at least 2 weeks. After 3 days you will already feel like a different person.
It's not cheap, 300usd for 20 grams (40 days supply), but that's your only solution.

- third, the mercury redistribtion caused a candida flare up in your gut. That's the body's natural defense mechanism to capture candida.
What you can do until your OSR arrives, and you should also continue during and after : ACV enemas, Nystatin enemas.
These are the only two ways of killing candida in the colon, it will make you poop strains of candida and you will feel like a new person.
ACV is purchasable anywhere.
Nystatin powder can be found on any bird vet store online.
Thank you for all of these thoughtful suggestions and insight. Regarding OSR/Emeramide, are you sure the oral dosing is not 300mg a day? and I saw it is DMSO soluble, would a transdermal application method be better? I am definitely interested in giving it a try, as well as the ACV or Nystatin enema you mentioned.

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

I'll just add to add learning to use urine and saliva pH testing to monitor your acid base balance, which I had outlined in a post in your previous thread a year or so ago. That has a significant impact as then you can control the terrain in a way that limits the presence and virulence of fungal parasites, and mycobacteria, which is a milder form of the fungi that has become parasitic.
I understand your contentions to be that monitoring and maintaining optimal PH is part of this healing process, is this correct? What should my PH level be at for optimal healing? Do I keep the alkaline levels high by bicarbonate blends or some other method?

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

2. what are your iron counts & red blood related counts if you have a recent test?

ALA can become toxic when depleted of thiamine https://www.nature.com/articles/207...ted&code=67a600a2-e9c8-4628-ae37-91e87cfc3b3c
so if you were low in thiamine, but got the ALA first before the B vitamins (if it included thiamine). maybe that contributed

-
one indicator you have metal toxicity without direct measures is your red blood related counts would probably be damaged,
hanging around the low end on tests. (if you had covid recently that can cause similar skew though).

studies are mixed but ALA might lower iron too. too much lowering of brain iron = negative to brain function. hard to tell brain levels , some people are more sensitive to iron drops due to having low iron as a baby which may create a lower "set point" that tends to be sticky in rodents as well as humans. but i guess it generally correlates with iron counts low ferritin / transferrin saturation

-
if you're concerned about mercury then the damage you're concerned about is from oxidative stress / ER stress
(meaning you would want good oxidative stress protection every day),

some of the main options:
-if you dont already take it daily, 500mg-1g vitamin C is proven in humans to protect from heavy metal toxicity decently. 1 month - 3 months for full effects. and better if its manufactured in US or UK rather than china. u could split 500mg into 2 doses daily 6-8 hours apart if going by blood levels but i think most of the studies i read did 1 daily

-zinc has a role in antioxidant system too and could be depleted by ALA maybe. but taken alone can deplete iron counts. combining the following 2 or 3 helps regenerate the oxidative stress protection enzymes that get crushed by toxic metals, this study shows in cadmium poisoning Amelioration of Cadmium-Induced Oxidative Damage in Wistar Rats by Vitamin C, Zinc and N-Acetylcysteine - PubMed [i remember reading something about NAC binding metals because of it having sulfur, but maybe the binding isnt that strong so could cause redistribution. idk the science behind that]

- low dose not high not supplement dose vit e if tolerated. 40mg shows good effect, high dose may be detrimental
- coq10 100mg over a couple months
- 125mg taurine protective in mercury toxicity, builds up by 5 days

flooding high dose antioxidants may not be great if you tip the balance. (i.e. for immunity)
but in reasonable doses, considering the level of environmental stressors tipping the balance to not matching ROS / stressors enough to begin with,
and definitely in the case of metal toxicity where antioxidant enzymes get crushed ,
preventing cell dysfunction & death with oxidative stress protectors is important

-
Then when adequately protected from extra damage its about accelerating healing
assuming brain cell damage from the toxin - maybe its a good idea to focus on things that increase neuroplasticity / neurogenesis / BDNF (as a healthy response, not as response to something causing toxicity)

progesterone is 1 good start for this (maybe extra benefit to applying it nearer the brain?) (zinc also has a role in neurogenesis. too high dose at once can impair mood acutely tho). i posted recently summarizing progesterone
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3582842/

some activities for neurogenesis are exercise in balance, and daily meditation also but studies are mixed depending on approach. increase peripheral BDNF levels (brain derived neurotrophic factor - grows & maintains neurons in key brain circuits for cognition & mood)
and peripheral BDNF crosses the blood brain barrier into brain cells Transport of brain-derived neurotrophic factor across the blood-brain barrier - PubMed to some extent Intravenous brain-derived neurotrophic factor enhances poststroke sensorimotor recovery and stimulates neurogenesis - PubMed

in your situation i would
. establish sufficient antioxidant protection daily to prevent damage
. check iron counts & red blood related counts
. ensure thyroid is good (u already mentioned that)
. support mitochondria with things that enhance mitochondrial respiratory chain complex (e.g coq10)
. look for ways to increase BDNF / neurogenesis. in hippocampus and frontal cortex

& see how things go over 2 months
I am taking NAC+Glycine (1000 mg each), Ubiquinol, Astaxanthin, Jarrow Macula PF, Resveratrol, Magnesium Citrate, Zinc, Collagen, Vitamin d3/k2, Naturally occurring Vitamin C from Solaray, Gotu Kola from Solaray (with 10% triterpenes), and 81 Mg aspirin three (3) days a week. I was taking Selenium complex until I read it could potentially prevent removal of heavy metals by changing the charge of the metal ion. Others are a Probiotic, Folic acid, and occasionally oral Phosphatidylcholine and DHA/fish oil before sleep (to try and increase glymphatic drainage). I also do Nicotinamide Riboside on and off. Just started bicarbonate blend supplement yesterday based on some insight from Yerrag, and I also restarted the liquid Bentonite Clay from Great Plains couple hours after NAC/Glycine. I also take Hawaiian Coffeeberry in my energy tea every morning for BDNF (the energy tea has extra caffeine). I take prescription Focalin XR and sometimes do cycles of Clomid for hormones. I also do injected MethylB12. Just ordered vitamin E supplement from Amazon but it obviously is not yet arrived.
Also just restarted Nebulized Cromolyn as it at one time in 2022 improved my cognition, although this was way before the IV ALA disaster we figured it was at least worth a try.
Also worthy of mention is that we only drink alkaline water from Costco. And I have an addiction to diet soda which is my only vice.

Recently had a Labcorp CBC done and as usual my RBC were slightly high as was Hematocrit. All else normal on the panel.

ALA can become toxic when depleted of thiamine
I read this also and I ordered some Sulbuthiamine and it is difficult to take as it seems to inhibit any beneficial impacts of the Focalin XR (which is my only hope at being functional), but I also experience the paradoxical impacts when I take it which means that it likely is a deficient vitamin in my CNS. I understand that regular Thiamine does not cross the BBB so something like Sulbuthiamine would be beneficial.

Back
Top Bottom