Items Up For Task

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
There are a couple items we have up for task in the community and I am hoping some of you could step up to the plate and help out. There is no rush on these items, because, we want to be as thorough as possible. It would always be a work in progress at all times I would imagine.

Items listed below. If we need to add more tasks please pipe up.

Diet breakdown-Narouz is handling this and doing a complete and exhaustive workup for the community. Thank you, narouz.

Frequently Asked Questions- We need a volunteer or volunteers for this.

Quick Start Guide- This would be a quick start guide for people who come to the community and would give them an immediate crash course. We could direct them to the diet that narouz is nailing down for us, then we could explain supplementing, lights, risks of high iron, etc etc.

peatarian

Is the Quick Start Guide also supposed to answer questions of people who need help quickly?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Well, I was thinking it could be everything summed up about Ray Peats recommendations. Some people just do not have the time to scour the forums and such. So, this could have as much of the information as we can gather together, so people could read through it and figure out what they need to do for themselves to start following Peats philosophies.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am starting to wonder if the quick start guide is even a good idea?? Because, there is nothing really quick about any of this. Maybe we should just stick with the FAQ's.

Attachments

• Maximum_Peat.JPG
    Maximum_Peat.JPG
    6.9 KB · Views: 26
J

j.

Charlie said:
I am starting to wonder if the quick start guide is even a good idea?? Because, there is nothing really quick about any of this. Maybe we should just stick with the FAQ's.

What about this: The purpose of the diet is to support the generation of energy to keep the metabolism and organs functioning well. The best diet can change from person to person, but it often results in one that eliminates all significant sources of PUFAs (so it eliminates all vegetable oils except coconut oil), grains, and soy. The foods consumed are mostly from dairy, fruits, meats, and eggs, in that order, plus coffee and/or chocolate. For more details, see this other longer explanation.

peatarian

I have been thinking about suggesting the same thing.
Every time I tried to explain Ray Peat in short it turned out to be too short.
Everything he says refers to some other part of the whole. It's a universe he describes and his descriptions are universal. I wouldn't know how to break his work down.
He explains it best himself and shorter usually gets it wrong or confused.
I love the quotation you chose: "When we ask a question and find an answer, we are changed."
It's one of my favorites, too -- so simple and beautiful. If that doesn't make people wonder about his work I don't know what could.
I think this forum is a place for people who already know Ray Peat and for that: Thank you.