Itchy Legs At Night

Motif

any Idea what causes this?
Didn’t have this for months , but just woke up from it

Luming Zhou

In 2015, I had an episode of itchy legs. I lived with my parents. For two or three weeks, I was pressured to eat a bowl of beans and brown rice every day for breakfast. After eating it, I would feel nauseous. I would also feel a gaseous sensation in my stomach and intestines. My legs started to get itchy over the days after I started the breakfast, but I had not made that connection yet. My legs were itchy during the daytime but it was even more itchy at night. It was so itchy that it affected my sleep and my legs had bumps, marks and were red due to the scratching. My mom even took me to the doctor after seeing the severity of my leg condition. Then one day, an idea came into my mind. I had hypothesized that the itchiness might be due to the endotoxin caused by the high-fiber breakfast that I ate. So I suggested to my mom that the itchiness might have been a reaction to the breakfast. She was convinced and told me to stop eating the breakfast. The itchiness had gone away a day after discontinuing the breakfast.

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

Its not food related in my case.

it seems like I really only get this when I have bad dreams.

Any explanation for this?

Elize

I get that from food that's high in histamine and fiber as it triggered my celiac issue. Eating low fodmap and low fiber help me a lot

Elize

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals