Italian Pasta, Lower Iron

Lilac

My family still eats pasta. I remember hearing that Italian pasta is healthier. I looked at the labels and found that some brands of Italian pasta come in at 4 percent of recommended daily iron, compared with 10 percent iron for most other brands, American made and some Italian imports, no doubt containing added iron.

tankasnowgod

My family still eats pasta. I remember hearing that Italian pasta is healthier. I looked at the labels and found that some brands of Italian pasta come in at 4 percent of recommended daily iron, compared with 10 percent iron for most other brands, American made and some Italian imports, no doubt containing added iron.

Yep, I've started eating some pasta and bread again, and always look for the unfortified stuff, usually imported from somewhere like Italy or France, or the Organic Pasta, as it doesn't have the added iron.

OP
Lilac

Lilac

Trader Joe's has Italian pasta, no added iron, under its Trader Giotto label for 99 cents a pound. It also had an organic Italian pasta, no added iron, right above those products for a little more. $1.29, I think. FYI.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals