Italian Courts Rule Vaccines Cause Autism

Discussion in 'Vaccines' started by gretchen, Feb 23, 2015.

1. gretchen

gretchen Member

http://healthimpactnews.com/2015/u-s-me ... se-autism/

2. jaa

jaa Member

Weren't these the same courts that tried to convict scientists for not predicting earthquakes? I don't think this case means much in terms of proving a autism-vaccine link. It appears those courts have also ruled in favour of a family in a similar case in the past based on fraudulent papers.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywillin ... cine-link/

A certain number of children will develop health conditions in early life. And a lot of children get vaccinated. It is very easy for people to want to connect the dots between the vaccine and the health condition, even if it doesn't exist.

3. burtlancast

burtlancast Member

Are these fraudsters you're talking about part of the staff at GlaxoSmithKline, by any chance ? :liar

[​IMG]

4. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

You know there was one scientist who measured abnormal (according to his theory) radon levels and was running around warning people the day before the earthquake. He has been under investigation for "causing alarm". Of course he doesn't seem so crazy nowadays. Please consider that.

5. jaa

jaa Member

"APPENDIX 4E : Cumulative tabulation of all unlisted events
    from serious unlisted spontaneous reports and all serious
    unlisted reactions from clinical trial cases reported since launch"

To me it sounds like they are reporting all events. So give child vaccine, and report on all negative health events. This does not mean that the vaccines caused the events. If I'm interpreting it wrong, please let me know.

6. burtlancast

burtlancast Member

They report on ALL events, positive or negative.
    Would you rather have them report only the positive ones (=fraud) ?

Actually, the court decision ruled it does, indeed, in the case of this infant. I believe their interpretation supersedes yours.
    If I'm interpreting it wrong, please let me know.

The court decision was based on medical expert testimony, as well as on the mercury dosage irregularities.
    Lastly, combining mercury with aluminium in the same vaccine is criminal, as it synergizes their mutual toxicities.

7. jaa

jaa Member

My bad. I worded that poorly.

The Italian courts have a bad track record with science. So while their interpretation supersedes mine, it does not supersede the general scientific consensus.

This seems much more reasonable. If this case is based on illegal mixing, then that's one thing. That's far from the general claim that vaccines cause autism.

8. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

But the bad track record is just as much an opinion as is the autism-vaccine link, is it not? You'd have to establish that it is in fact the general scientific consensus, and then establish that there is a consensus regarding what you have established...

Anyway rulings are not binding precedents in civil law. The judge isn't god although this is probably a good thing given what Italians have to work with.

9. burtlancast

burtlancast Member

The general scientific consensus is precisely shaped by court decisions like this one.
    The national vaccine injury compensation programs that exist in a number of countries wouldn't have seen the day without these court decisions.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine_court

http://www.nvic.org/injury-compensation.aspx

10. jaa

jaa Member

The general scientific consensus is shaped by how the majority of experts in a given field interpret data. A courts decision carries little weight, unless there is some evidence presented at court that causes a majority of experts to change their stance. If you think the general scientific consensus is that vaccines cause autism, then there is no point in continuing this discussion. A google search shows otherwise.

Yeah the bad track record is an opinion based on limited cases like the one that thought scientists should be held accountable for not predicting earthquakes. I shouldn't have used it to support my case and it isn't necessary anyway.

11. burtlancast

burtlancast Member

I wonder how this "general scientific consensus" of yours adresses the 5 cases of autism reported in
    GlaxoSmithKline's 1271-page confidential report ?

:nocomment

12. jaa

jaa Member

That report does not prove causation. It simply documents that 5 children developed autism after they were vaccinated.

13. burtlancast

burtlancast Member

14. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

My friend if you still live grounded in the general consensuses then you will probably not accomplish much in this website :mrgreen: