It Is IMPOSSIBLE To Distinguish Artificial (false) Honey From Natural One

74one

why not buy another one, due to the expense?
the way you describe it, it sounds very good. isnt it also unheated

@Jennifer i think the oneroot is the most expensive honey ive seen anywhere.
the YS eco bee farms is more expensive than most at $16 per 2 pounds... this one takes the cake at $25 for just a pound
I would not be surprised if this honey was collected some were in a tropics, but this honey came from Canada where bees making completely different honey that suppose to fight bad bacteria and sustain colony thru 6 months of cold weather, it should taste different, smell different and have different texture
I paid $22.50 + free shipping for this jar, a little more than I would normally pay but it's worth trying

Last edited:

Jennifer

@Jennifer i think the oneroot is the most expensive honey ive seen anywhere.
the YS eco bee farms is more expensive than most at $16 per 2 pounds... this one takes the cake at $25 for just a pound

It’s definitely expensive compared to the majority of honey I’ve come across—The Republic of Tea’s Rare Hawaiian honey is the most expensive I’ve seen so far—so that’s why I’ve only ever bought their non-organic, which is half the price at $25 for 1 kg. I will say, though, if their organic is as good as 74one’s review makes it sound (to me, anyway), I’d still choose it over Y.S. EBF because I really dislike the latter. I want to try Big Island Bees’ honey first, though. I’ve had them on my honey list for years now.

Dr. B

It’s definitely expensive compared to the majority of honey I’ve come across—The Republic of Tea’s Rare Hawaiian honey is the most expensive I’ve seen so far—so that’s why I’ve only ever bought their non-organic, which is half the price at $25 for 1 kg. I will say, though, if their organic is as good as 74one’s review makes it sound (to me, anyway), I’d still choose it over Y.S. EBF because I really dislike the latter. I want to try Big Island Bees’ honey first, though. I’ve had them on my honey list for years now.
i dontknow why the YS eco bee farms tastes so bad, its the most crystallized honey and tastes like a sugar syrup or something. they also said they heat it to 105 degrees for some time to pour into the jar.
so its $50 for 1kg of it? makes it the same price as onetrees organic, per pound!
is there anything special about the republic of teas hawaiian honey and where do you get that?
I wanted to do 2 tablespoons a day of honey, so I may be going through two jars of the one tree organic honey, or that republic of tea organic honey per month
actually I guess manuka honey is the priciest, I forgot but I got a manuka honey, just 16oz jar for like $30 at costco, so it must be probably $40 everywhere else. and this is a weak one i think its number rating is 10, theres some manukas much more expensive. i do like the taste of manuka

Jennifer

i dontknow why the YS eco bee farms tastes so bad, its the most crystallized honey and tastes like a sugar syrup or something. they also said they heat it to 105 degrees for some time to pour into the jar.
so its $50 for 1kg of it? makes it the same price as onetrees organic, per pound!
is there anything special about the republic of teas hawaiian honey and where do you get that?
I wanted to do 2 tablespoons a day of honey, so I may be going through two jars of the one tree organic honey, or that republic of tea organic honey per month
actually I guess manuka honey is the priciest, I forgot but I got a manuka honey, just 16oz jar for like $30 at costco, so it must be probably $40 everywhere else. and this is a weak one i think its number rating is 10, theres some manukas much more expensive. i do like the taste of manuka

The last jar of Y.S. EBF I bought was so crystallized it had become one hard, solid block. I had to use a knife to dig it out. It must have been a very old batch. The last jar of Oneroot’s non-organic honey I bought was $25 for 1 kg so half the price of their organic. I’m not sure there’s anything special about the Rare Hawaiian honey other than their claim that it’s the world’s rarest raw organic honey. You can buy it directly through Rare Hawaiian:

Or The Republic of Tea:

Or Amazon:

I was big into manuka honey (for medicinal reasons) in my teens to early 20s and at the time, I was paying around $25 for half a kilo of UMF 22+ or 24+.

Dr. B

The last jar of Y.S. EBF I bought was so crystallized it had become one hard, solid block. I had to use a knife to dig it out. It must have been a very old batch. The last jar of Oneroot’s non-organic honey I bought was $25 for 1 kg so half the price of their organic. I’m not sure there’s anything special about the Rare Hawaiian honey other than their claim that it’s the world’s rarest raw organic honey. You can buy it directly through Rare Hawaiian:

Or The Republic of Tea:

Or Amazon:

I was big into manuka honey (for medicinal reasons) in my teens to early 20s and at the time, I was paying around $25 for half a kilo of UMF 22+ or 24+.
isnt oneroots organic more expensive than rare hawaiian?

Jennifer

can you post it
why not get all these and eat a spoon of each, honey never expires right

I have a food budget so I try to only do one splurge a month and honey is one of my splurges. Here are a couple links:

Amazon product ASIN B078QM53BWView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078QM53BW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ALV1TCKNLBU09&psc=1

Dr. B

I have a food budget so I try to only do one splurge a month and honey is one of my splurges. Here are a couple links:

Amazon product ASIN B078QM53BWView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078QM53BW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ALV1TCKNLBU09&psc=1

wow, why so expensive!

Jennifer

wow, why so expensive!

If I did my math correctly, Big Island Bees costs $20.24 for the same amount as Oneroot’s organic for $25 so it’s actually cheaper.

Waynish

Fear fear fear... Trust! You thought you had a way out of knowing your neighbors? Nope; never!

Dr. B

Fear fear fear... Trust! You thought you had a way out of knowing your neighbors? Nope; never!
?

If I did my math correctly, Big Island Bees costs $20.24 for the same amount as Oneroot’s organic for $25 so it’s actually cheaper.

are there any deals for the oneroot organic honey like a 2 pound jar.
is that the best tasting honey youve had.
with a lot of these products the packaging makes a big difference... like literally the full gallon of milk is $3 while half gallon is $2.29... and for another milk, a quart is $4.30, whereas half gallon is $6... i think its due to the labor costs involved for having two packages instead of one

Jennifer

are there any deals for the oneroot organic honey like a 2 pound jar.
is that the best tasting honey youve had.
with a lot of these products the packaging makes a big difference... like literally the full gallon of milk is $3 while half gallon is $2.29... and for another milk, a quart is $4.30, whereas half gallon is $6... i think its due to the labor costs involved for having two packages instead of one

Not that I know of. They sell the non-organic in larger jars and bulk and a two pack of the organic 500 g jars is currently on sale but still more expensive than buying two of the jars on Amazon. However, I did notice that the non-organic Oneroot I buy is from Northern Ontario whereas the organic one 74one bought is from Northern Alberta and is described as lighter tasting than their Ontario honey so that would explain the difference in taste. From their site:

“Our organic wildflower honey is a light colored multifloral honey made by bees from nectar of wildflowers growing in Northern Alberta. The biome of our Alberta wildflowers produce lighter colored and lighter taste compared to our Ontario wildflower honey.

Canadian wildflower honey have tendency to crystallize very rapidly and our Alberta wildflower honey typically crystallizes within days of bottling. This means that all of our wildflower honey sold is already in a crystallized creamy form which makes it more white, similar how a clear water becomes white ice.”

They actually have an organic Ontario honey so it possibly tastes like the non-organic one I buy:

So far, the best tasting and best textured honey I’ve had is Wendell Estate.

It could be the labor costs involved and/or buying larger quantities guarantees the farmer that more of his/her product is sold so it’s discounted as an incentive for us? My own jars get refilled every week at the farm and yet I get a discount by buying in bulk. Same with their meat, fruit (doesn’t even come packaged), honey etc.

Last edited:
Yeah, I’ve heard of that with honeys, but I’ve also heard from beekeepers who say that they can tell the difference so who to believe? I get a white coated tongue and major bloating with sugar but not with honey so between that and buying direct from the farm, I trust the authenticity of the honey I consume. I think you may be thinking of Oneroot:

Amazon product ASIN B017GERWD0View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017GERWD0/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_til?tag=rapefo-20&linkCode=w00&linkId=&creativeASIN=B017GERWD0

Wee Bee is so good! It’s one of my top three favorite honeys.

I agree, it does taste like frosting. Oneroot tastes like frosting, too. Yummy!

This Wendell Estates honey is spectacular Jennifer!

Attachments

• 20210823_175212.jpg
    20210823_175212.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 18

Dr. B

Not that I know of. They sell the non-organic in larger jars and bulk and a two pack of the organic 500 g jars is currently on sale but still more expensive than buying two of the jars on Amazon. However, I did notice that the non-organic Oneroot I buy is from Northern Ontario whereas the organic one 74one bought is from Northern Alberta and is described as lighter tasting than their Ontario honey so that would explain the difference in taste. From their site:

“Our organic wildflower honey is a light colored multifloral honey made by bees from nectar of wildflowers growing in Northern Alberta. The biome of our Alberta wildflowers produce lighter colored and lighter taste compared to our Ontario wildflower honey.

Canadian wildflower honey have tendency to crystallize very rapidly and our Alberta wildflower honey typically crystallizes within days of bottling. This means that all of our wildflower honey sold is already in a crystallized creamy form which makes it more white, similar how a clear water becomes white ice.”

They actually have an organic Ontario honey so it possibly tastes like the non-organic one I buy:

So far, the best tasting and best textured honey I’ve had is Wendell Estate.

It could be the labor costs involved and/or buying larger quantities guarantees the farmer that more of his/her product is sold so it’s discounted as an incentive for us? My own jars get refilled every week at the farm and yet I get a discount by buying in bulk. Same with their meat, fruit (doesn’t even come packaged), honey etc.
how do you get them refilled at the farm? you live next to the wendell estates itself?

Jennifer

This Wendell Estates honey is spectacular Jennifer!

YAY! I’m so happy you like it. :D

how do you get them refilled at the farm? you live next to the wendell estates itself?

Sorry, for the confusion. I was referring to milk, not the honey. When the farm fills my milk order every Monday, they use the glass jars I supply them with.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals