It Is IMPOSSIBLE To Distinguish Artificial (false) Honey From Natural One

Vinny

.... for the ordinary person.
The modern technology is already too advanced, and ALL major constituents of honey can be easily (and cheaply) chemically created and mixed so that the final product will look, taste and have all features of natural honey. Only a super high-tech laboratory can probably determine a real product or no, but this will cost hundreds, if not thousands of bucks.
The only sure way to avoid ingesting artificial ingredients is to buy honey directly from a bee farmer that you know REALLY WELL, or, alternatively, establish hives and make it yourself.

Sorry that the link is in Russian, but we have some Russian-speaking people here that can take a look at the video and confirm the content.

.... for the ordinary person.
The modern technology is already too advanced, and ALL major constituents of honey can be easily (and cheaply) chemically created and mixed so that the final product will look, taste and have all features of natural honey. Only a super high-tech laboratory can probably determine a real product or no, but this will cost hundreds, if not thousands of bucks.
The only sure way to avoid ingesting artificial ingredients is to buy honey directly from a bee farmer that you know REALLY WELL, or, alternatively, establish hives and make it yourself.

Sorry that the link is in Russian, but we have some Russian-speaking people here that can take a look at the video and confirm the content.

I think buying organic from the US is another assurance. They have to pass inspections and the US inspectors make their rounds regularly, unlike Mexico's organic where only 10% of their organics get a visit. Have you found out anything else on the subject Vinny?

Inaut

When I buy Greek honey, I know it's legit. It's just so darn expensive though

When I buy Greek honey, I know it's legit. It's just so darn expensive though
Greek honey, that is good to know. Sounds like cheese, I can only find cheese made with ONLY rennet from Italy. No wonder they get high numbers for longetivity in those places, they care about their food and their body. I am gonna look into some Greek honey, thanks Inaut :)

Inaut

Go to your local Greek food store. They carry some very good products.. They have a bunch of different types of honey -pine tree honey, thyme honey, wild flower honey.....I know I am biased and the slogan is famous to Greeks (Greek Honey is the Best---it's written on some jars of it actually :) :) but it tastes unlike any honeys I've tried from North America or other places. Let me know if you find some. Curious to know your thoughts.

Go to your local Greek food store. They carry some very good products.. They have a bunch of different types of honey -pine tree honey, thyme honey, wild flower honey.....I know I am biased and the slogan is famous to Greeks (Greek Honey is the Best---it's written on some jars of it actually :) :) but it tastes unlike any honeys I've tried from North America or other places. Let me know if you find some. Curious to know your thoughts.
Oh man I wish I knew of a Greek store! I imagine you have access to good cheese too with only rennet (no cultures or other bacteria)?

Inaut

Oh man I wish I knew of a Greek store! I imagine you have access to good cheese too with only rennet (no cultures or other bacteria)?
Yup! If you are in a city in North America, I'm sure google will help you locate a place close by. Good luck

Yup! If you are in a city in North America, I'm sure google will help you locate a place close by. Good luck
I found this one what do you think? A lot of the ones I am seeing are from thyme.

Attachments

• 20210528_141522.jpg
    20210528_141522.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210528_141510.jpg
    20210528_141510.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 26

Inaut

Is it expensive? Amazon is a rip off some times...

It’s from the part of Greece i’m from so maybe you are supporting my cousin (I kidding).

Inaut

I think it’s a little pricey for a pound tbh... It’s probably good honey though.

No I live in Canada

Dr. B

i heard theres all kinds of issues with honey especially the pesticides or herbicides and other ingredients used. doesnt it need to be usda organic at a minimum? apparently most if not all honeys on the market are heated to pour them into the containers so geting unheated honey is tough. there is one called YS eco bee farms which is expensive i believe $15 for one or two pounds. even that one they do heat its just not pasteurized. it is unfiltered though. its a solid block of honey, and it tastes like pure sugar instead of the caramel taste of liquid honey... i actually struggle to eat the ys eco bee honey and it is heated just not pasteurized so im not sure if its even worth getting. costco also has a usda organic raw honey from brazil which is probably heated more

MrGilbert

I get my farm fresh through a family friend, it literally contains bee's (which i have to be careful not to pour into my coffee LOL) so you know its legit.

Lollipop2

They way to know if it is raw and pure honey is if the honey begins to crystallize. A fake honey or pasteurized honey won’t crystallize.

Dr. B

They way to know if it is raw and pure honey is if the honey begins to crystallize. A fake honey or pasteurized honey won’t crystallize.

so any honey which remains liquid is pasteurized and over heated?
what about this ys eco bee farms honey, this stuff is odd in that it just always remains a solid blocky slab of honey? shouldnt it turn liquid at room temperature around 70 degrees? this stuff also tastes much worse than other honeys. but on their website they say it is unpasteurized (but not unheated) and raw, unfiltered, etc.

Lollipop2

so any honey which remains liquid is pasteurized and over heated?
what about this ys eco bee farms honey, this stuff is odd in that it just always remains a solid blocky slab of honey? shouldnt it turn liquid at room temperature around 70 degrees? this stuff also tastes much worse than other honeys. but on their website they say it is unpasteurized (but not unheated) and raw, unfiltered, etc.
If honey does not crystallize it is most likely pasteurized. Once crystallized it doesn’t re-liquify as per my experience. You will have to put the jar in warm water - not hot water.

The taste of honey depends on the plants. Crazy how honey taste can vary soooo much. I know the honey you are talking about. I bought it once, was okay but not my favorite. I now find a local honey and use that one.

Source Code

If you pour good honey onto a dinner plate and run some water over it it fractals into a honey comb grid like a hologram almost.. fake honey doesn't do it. Try it out its pretty cool

Lollipop2

If you pour good honey onto a dinner plate and run some water over it it fractals into a honey comb grid like a hologram almost.. fake honey doesn't do it. Try it out its pretty cool
That is cool. First time hearing this. Going to try it out. Thanks for sharing.