Issue With Goats Milk

Bluemachine

Anyone else handle cows milk but not goats milk?
I get really bad nausea from any type of goat dairy & for some reason if I drink it with coffee I get diarrhoea within the next couple hours without fail. I had been trying to switch due to concerns with opiate activity and immunogenic proteins in cows milk and the final straw was sometimes getting stomach pain shortly after drinking cows milk, though this wouldn't happen if I heated the milk or ate cows yoghurt :S

Anyone else handle cows milk but not goats milk?
I get really bad nausea from any type of goat dairy & for some reason if I drink it with coffee I get diarrhoea within the next couple hours without fail. I had been trying to switch due to concerns with opiate activity and immunogenic proteins in cows milk and the final straw was sometimes getting stomach pain shortly after drinking cows milk, though this wouldn't happen if I heated the milk or ate cows yoghurt :S
Did you ever find any answer to your question SwissFever? I have heard that goat milk is suppose to be better than cow milk and tried making the switch with my little dog, but she turned her nose up at it. I did notice from the same company that the cow milk was grass fed and it didn't say the same for the goat milk, so maybe that was difference? In any case I took a sip and couldn't do it, yuk, and down the drain it went!

OP
B

Bluemachine

Did you ever find any answer to your question SwissFever? I have heard that goat milk is suppose to be better than cow milk and tried making the switch with my little dog, but she turned her nose up at it. I did notice from the same company that the cow milk was grass fed and it didn't say the same for the goat milk, so maybe that was difference? In any case I took a sip and couldn't do it, yuk, and down the drain it went!
i better tolerate both cows & goats milk now. My current philosophy is mostly eat & drink what I crave so i will consume both and not worry so much about opiates or allergens & trust that my body is asking for it for a reason. This was uncomfortable at first (though less uncomfortable than ignoring cravings).

But yeah, some goats milk tastes really naff.

Yeah I felt like milk bloated me at first, but not so much anymore. I switched this week to skim to see how that feels. Do you feel the goat is better as "they" say, being closer to the structure of human breast milk?

OP
B

Bluemachine

Yeah I felt like milk bloated me at first, but not so much anymore. I switched this week to skim to see how that feels. Do you feel the goat is better as "they" say, being closer to the structure of human breast milk?
No, like I said I just eat whatever I fancy & that seems to produce the best results & remains quite "peaty"

No, like I said I just eat whatever I fancy & that seems to produce the best results & remains quite "peaty"
Surely goat milk is "Peaty", but now that you have mentioned it I don't recall reading anything about it by Ray Peat. I am gonna have to look that up. Does that "eat and drink whatever" you want include tequila? I love it and am still hoping it gets to stay in my rotation ;D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals