Isolation, Loneliness, and the Disease Connection

Sam321

I've been studying polyvagal theory a bit over the last year and found the following excerpt really interesting in regards to the intentional individualization and fragmentation of society (with the pandemic being the cherry on top) and the subsequent explosion in chronic illness and designer disease. I think this is maybe one of the greatest arguments of getting too autie about the bio-chem approach before asking yourself questions like, "Am I lonely?", "Do I have people in my life who I love and trust where its reciprocated?", "Am I doing fun things with friends?". You might not need thyroid, you might just need friends and fun.

TLDR: if you are not living in community with others who see you and accept you, your nervous system basically frays and you get wicked sick.

Screenshot 2021-09-08 at 9.09.20 AM.jpg

Makrosky

I've been studying polyvagal theory a bit over the last year and found the following excerpt really interesting in regards to the intentional individualization and fragmentation of society (with the pandemic being the cherry on top) and the subsequent explosion in chronic illness and designer disease. I think this is maybe one of the greatest arguments of getting too autie about the bio-chem approach before asking yourself questions like, "Am I lonely?", "Do I have people in my life who I love and trust where its reciprocated?", "Am I doing fun things with friends?". You might not need thyroid, you might just need friends and fun.

TLDR: if you are not living in community with others who see you and accept you, your nervous system basically frays and you get wicked sick.

View attachment 27899
@ScurveDream

Thanks for posting this @Sam321

Back
Top Bottom