Is Yogurt Low In Tryptophan?

barefooter

I just went onto cronometer and did a comparison of whole milk, whole milk yogurt, and string cheese, and I was quite surprised at the large range of tryptophan content. I used a very large serving size for each, to reduce the rounding errors, since there is only a single decimal place on the website.

whole milk
0.023 g tryp/g protein

string cheese
0.013 g tryp/g protein

whole milk yogurt
0.006 g tryp/g protein

Has anyone else investigated this, and are these numbers correct? This is saying the yogurt has 74% less tryptophan than the milk, and 30% less than the cheese. I know lactic acid is bad, but the reduction in tryptophan content seems very substantial. Would that make yogurt seem more appealing and maybe even outweigh the lactic acid?

Anecdotally, I've never been able to tolerate milk after two years of experimenting with Peat ideas. I even tried lactose free milk, but it gave me just as much bloating and gas. However, it seems I can consume massive amounts of yogurt in a single sitting and feel excellent. I had actually given up on all dairy, but I've been having trouble getting enough calories, so last night on a desperate whim, I decided to eat some yogurt after dinner. I ate a quart of yogurt with a bit of honey in it, in a single sitting. I felt very full, but barely had any gas. My temperature rose to 98.9 (this never happens, I barely reach 98 on most days) and within an hour my stomach was flat. Within two hours I was hungry again.

lvysaur

I feel tired and achy if I eat more than a cup of yogurt.

DaveFoster

I feel tired and achy if I eat more than a cup of yogurt.
Same. I used to eat a big tub after workouts; I'd start shivering and my hairs would stand up.

SQu

I found benefit to dropping yoghurt for a time because of aching, but I like it and it's a great accompaniment to stewed fruit, so last summer I had it again daily without issues, perhaps because my health has been on the mend. I definitely find eating food that makes me feel good does me good too and try to find the meal that suits me best. I think that has been a pillar of recovery. So if it was me, if it made me feel good consistently, I'd stick with it. Sometimes the downside can creep up on you in time though so if it was me I'd watch and adjust.

Tbone

Greek yogurt is strained of the whey, so its protein content is primarily casein. So it could be a good option! (Casein is low in tryptophan, while whey protein is high)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals