Is wrinkles after weight loss caused by cortiso?

Marine

After i lost some weight(22lbs) i notice i develop some forehead wrinkles, under eyes wrinkles and horrible nasolabial folds! Maybe because too much cortisol release? Or because bone loss?

Anyone notice that after losing weight?

How to restore that?

Any ways to prevent this when trying lose weight?

I would presume you lost fat in your face as well as your body. My face always looks less wrinkled when I have packed on some pounds.

Zigzag

You lose facial volume with age. After weight loss the effect will be pronounced. Also keep that in mind that bone structure is important as well.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
That is an intelligent and valid question. Most weight loss methods, if not all, cause a significant amount of stress in the body, partially through the effects of cortisol and other gluconeogenic and glycogenolytic endogenous substances.

The other posters are also correct though. It is usually known that "fat" people's faces look younger. Ray one time mentioned that a hypothyroid person can look flat. Perhaps the edema fills in the wrinkles.

If you look at old photos of hypothyroid people treated with thyroid, you would see that they lost weight but without looking older (at least to my eyes).

1626188718875.png
1626188769239.png

Herbie

Whenever I look at those weight loss before and after photos, I always observe that the person always looks way more vibrant, healthier, skin looks better, less stress especially in the face in before photo and look worse in the after.

Broda Barnes said that people who eat high protein,high fat / low carb to lose weight always keep a nice full face and don’t look gaunt.

There is a french saying that you want a young face you have to accept having a big butt.

Whenever I look at those weight loss before and after photos, I always observe that the person always looks way more vibrant, healthier, skin looks better, less stress especially in the face in before photo and look worse in the after.

Broda Barnes said that people who eat high protein,high fat / low carb to lose weight always keep a nice full face and don’t look gaunt.

There is a french saying that you want a young face you have to accept having a big butt.
+1