Is Vitex a.k.a. chasteberry more positive than negative and your thoughts on whether it is bad for the testicles?

Explorer

Although primarily meant for women I have read and heard about Vitex having pro-Dopamine/Progesterone effects and possible anti-Prolactin effects and I have some at home and I thought about trying it out just to see how it makes me feel and if it gives me any noticeable changes at all however since it changes the way LH/FSH is output and because of some studies that were posted here on this forum too about it possibly being damaging for the testes I wonder to what extent it is true in practice has anyone here tried it as a man and did it have any negative or positive or any kinds of effects on you?

Ras

Although primarily meant for women I have read and heard about Vitex having pro-Dopamine/Progesterone effects and possible anti-Prolactin effects and I have some at home and I thought about trying it out just to see how it makes me feel and if it gives me any noticeable changes at all however since it changes the way LH/FSH is output and because of some studies that were posted here on this forum too about it possibly being damaging for the testes I wonder to what extent it is true in practice has anyone here tried it as a man and did it have any negative or positive or any kinds of effects on you?
I've read it will have opposite effects at a high dose, and at a low dose.

OP
E

Explorer

I've read it will have opposite effects at a high dose, and at a low dose.
So to get those benefits it must be taken at mild doses that are not too low but neither are too high?

Ras

So to get those benefits it must be taken at mild doses that are not too low but neither are too high?
The information I've read comes mostly from females taking it to increase breast size, or to regulate their periods. High doses (>1,200 mg/d) increased breast size, and, if I remember correctly, low doses (<500 mg/d) helped regulate their periods. As with all supplementation, experimentation is key, since 500 mg in them may not affect as 500 mg in you.

I'd try a variety of dosages with washouts. Try 40 mg a day, 400 mg a day, 800 mg a day, and 1,600 mg a day from a good product. Keep a log of the results. It doesn't matter what 400 mg did to me, if it will do something different in you.

RawEel

Does anyone have any knowledge regarding Vitex causing depression? I have been taking Vitex for 4 months and it has helped with period cramps. I noticed that I bleed less as well.

However, I have been very depressed and I can’t pinpoint why I feel this way. I can’t get myself most of the time to see a positive perspective and move forward with my life. Granted, I have had several things happen in the past months that have been challenging but, part of what’s happening is because I am depressed.

I almost have zero motivation and will, and have been chain smoking.