Is Vitamin A Toxin Or Is It Excess Of It What Makes It Harmfull?

Astolfo

I have pssd and im one of the low ceruloplasmin case. I heard that vitamin A is a literal toxin to the body, to the liver, etc. How true is that? I just took a capsule of 30 mg retinol palmitate (30.000 IU) and im bit scared to be honest. If i really have low copper, does it mean that i just posined myself a few minutes ago?

tankasnowgod

I have pssd and im one of the low ceruloplasmin case. I heard that vitamin A is a literal toxin to the body, to the liver, etc. How true is that? I just took a capsule of 30 mg retinol palmitate (30.000 IU) and im bit scared to be honest. If i really have low copper, does it mean that i just posined myself a few minutes ago?

Seriously?

In the future, if you think something may be a toxin or poison, I suggest NOT ingesting it before researching it.

I think the fact that you are posting on a forum and not calling poison control indicates you don't really believe that you actually poisoned yourself.

Many people, myself included, have taken larger doses than you mentioned, sometimes for weeks or months at a time, and reported no issues. You can find several studies posted to the forum were people took doses that high and had no ill effects, or very mild ones.

gaze

Youll be completely fine. dont stress at all. Its not a poison, but months/years of too much can have ill effects.

J

james2388

PSSD, oh boy that's going to be a tough one to figure out.
You got low ceruloplasmin.. Try eating liver a source of copper, and look into Morley Robbins who is all about copper...

mrchibbs

Not a poison. But you don't need to supplement it. Except maybe topically it can be helpful. It can accumulate in liver and tissues and oxidize when thyroid is low. There may be an hypervitaminosis A epidemic @tim333 has some good info. It's a sign of the times, as previous generations with their higher metabolic rates didn't have any problems with it.

S.Holmes

It would be interesting to find out how many of the low A group have ever done parasite cleanses (specifically for liver flukes which are VERY common). Once the liver becomes congested with them it wouldn't work as well dealing with anything, including vitamin A.

We did low A for a while and didn't notice any changes (for the better) in our health, but we take antiparasitics regularly.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It would be interesting to find out how many of the low A group have ever done parasite cleanses (specifically for liver flukes which are VERY common). Once the liver becomes congested with them it wouldn't work as well dealing with anything, including vitamin A.

We did low A for a while and didn't notice any changes (for the better) in our health, but we take antiparasitics regularly.
Many times it has been reported in the low A groups that people are just spontaneously dumping parasites. Without applying any poisons or anything, the body is just naturally expelling them once it becomes less toxic.

S.Holmes

Many times it has been reported in the low A groups that people are just spontaneously dumping parasites. Without applying any poisons or anything, the body is just naturally expelling them once it becomes less toxic.
This study says the opposite.

Conclusion​

Gastrointestinal parasites have an astonishing prevalence across the globe and are responsible for significant morbidity through the development of intestinal inflammation. Immune responses can govern susceptibility to intestinal parasites and have been extensively studied in the mouse models of these infections, although these immune responses are still not fully understood. Vitamin A metabolites, such as retinoic acid, have been shown to modulate the Th1/2 balance in favour of the parasite-protective Th2 immune response, as well as increase the generation of gut-homing Tregs important for dampening inflammation. Therefore, it is perhaps surprising that so little work has been carried out in this field, especially given the link between the prevalence of vitamin A insufficiency and parasitic infections in humans.

InChristAlone

This study says the opposite.

Conclusion​

Gastrointestinal parasites have an astonishing prevalence across the globe and are responsible for significant morbidity through the development of intestinal inflammation. Immune responses can govern susceptibility to intestinal parasites and have been extensively studied in the mouse models of these infections, although these immune responses are still not fully understood. Vitamin A metabolites, such as retinoic acid, have been shown to modulate the Th1/2 balance in favour of the parasite-protective Th2 immune response, as well as increase the generation of gut-homing Tregs important for dampening inflammation. Therefore, it is perhaps surprising that so little work has been carried out in this field, especially given the link between the prevalence of vitamin A insufficiency and parasitic infections in humans.

If it's so good for the gut, then why didn't studies done on Crohn's patients find anything good?
"In this study vitamin A has not been shown to be of benefit to patients with Crohn's disease who are in remission."

S.Holmes

If it's so good for the gut, then why didn't studies done on Crohn's patients find anything good?
"In this study vitamin A has not been shown to be of benefit to patients with Crohn's disease who are in remission."
This is vit A in supplement form, not from food. I DO think you can get too much A, but not sure complete restriction is a good idea for most people (long term).

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

S.Holmes

So you are going to take a piece of papers word over peoples real world experiences?
Well I'm a people and I have real world experience too. Lots of my friends also love the keto diet...until they don't. I'm all for people feeling better. We just didn't notice anything kaboomy when we restricted A. I'm just trying to figure it all out. So far, parasite overload and/or glyphosate poisoning make the most sense to me.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
We just didn't notice anything kaboomy when we restricted A.
For some people it can take quite a while till the liver starts dumping the toxins. You have to get the minerals repleted so that they will repel the toxins and the liver has what it needs to get the job done. For some, its a big hole to dig out of. There is one lady that it took 3 years and her liver finally unlocked and the poison is literally flowing out of her and she is making big strides now. It definitely takes commitment and obviously some faith in the process.