Is Vegan Gains Right?

Vinero

I am subscribed to vegan gains on YouTube. Not because I think he is right, but because I find his videos entertaining.
He seems to have anger problems and suffers from depression as well. He probably needs a good dose of animal protein, but he is too scared and believes saturated fat and cholesterol are the source of all diseases. I think anyone who has read Ray Peats articles will know that those are not the problem.

Runenight201

I am subscribed to vegan gains on YouTube. Not because I think he is right, but because I find his videos entertaining.
He seems to have anger problems and suffers from depression as well. He probably needs a good dose of animal protein, but he is too scared and believes saturated fat and cholesterol are the source of all diseases. I think anyone who has read Ray Peats articles will know that those are not the problem.

He also threw out his back taking a dump. On top of all his other symptoms he needs some nutrient dense animal foods to save himself, but he’s trapped himself into a dietary dogma and so he’s probably screwed.

Same with Dr. Greger, if you see the latest interviews he gives, or see pictures of him in a t-shirt, he looks severely malnourished, gaunt, and much older than 46. It would actually be gold level comedy if in 10 years he becomes sick enough to reverse his positions and incorporate animal foods in his diet.

I think MacDougall and Esselstyn are much more interesting to follow. And they have the patient data to back up their claim.

OP
B

boxers

He has had those symptoms most of his life. He said veganism helped the most..

Id like to see someone who knows peat stuff debate him...

Last edited:

jitsmonkey

So message him on twitter and challenge him to a debate.

Why do you think I care?
Why do you think anyone would care?
Why do you think anyone would take their precious time that they'll never get back just to debate a youtube troll (or anyone else for that matter)
If he feels better doing what he's doing, more power to him.

OP
B

boxers

Why do you think I care?
Why do you think anyone would care?
Why do you think anyone would take their precious time that they'll never get back just to debate a youtube troll (or anyone else for that matter)
If he feels better doing what he's doing, more power to him.

Because you cared enough to reply to this thread... Obviously you do care.
Plus he has a rather large platform, would be a good way of getting more of peats work out

jitsmonkey

actually I thought it was funny and I commented.
Comedy is funny especially when its unintentional.

OP
B

boxers

I just think it would be interesting to see a peat based knowledged person debate him.....

jitsmonkey

For whatever its worth @boxers
I have been as much as 70 pounds overweight in the past
eating anything and everything that wasn't nailed down
and as much pufa/crap/etc a human can eat
and never in my life had total cholesterol over 170
during those years I had 1 test come back at 135
another 156.
in my study sample of one, dietary cholesterol had ZERO effect on my total cholesterol.
Actually my chronically low cholesterol was a significant obstacle to benefiting from thyroid supplementation among other things.
Beware the lunatic who insists he has all the answers and is certain about anything.
And the irony of the certainty in this thar comment ;-)

I just think it would be interesting to see a peat based knowledged person debate him.....

Last edited:

Hazarlar

What is his argument, I don't understand. He "debunked" a study that said, that eating eggs don't affect cholesterol levels.

If eating eggs indeed affects serum cholesterol levels, then I think we are ok also because cholesterol is one of the most protective molecules after glucose, according to Ray Peat. There is also a suggestion that eating saturated fat like coconut oil with eggs, will protect cholesterol from being oxidised. I also think that good vitamin E levels will do it.

So in the next video VG should debunk Peat, Uffe Ravnskov (The Cholesterol Myths - Uffe Ravnskov) and others ...

I don't understand this "dance" around cholesterol. Must prominent doctors where I live, don't buy it and say that homocysteine level is more important in detecting possible heart disease (inflammation).

I eat 3-5 egg yolks every day, for many years and my cholesterol level is always in norm. I also eat things that contain even more cholesterol, like chicken liver and gizzards.

For additional reading. High Cholesterol and Metabolism – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

OP
B

boxers

Then why don't you debate him?
I simply dont gave good debate skills or enough knowledge of studies to debunk him or a full understanding of peats work. Im sure there is several people here that would have that

YourUniverse

I feel what comes with a healthier metabolism is a mellowing out of sorts - when you're less healthy, its more important to fight with others; when healthy, its less a big deal. When I started Peating, I wanted to tell the world why I was right and they were wrong. Now, healthier, it matters way, way less. More of an observer, now.

Eggs are healthy, regardless of what someone with a large following says.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals