Is TSH supposed to be higher or lower during pregnancy?

unnamed

I have heard according to Peat that tsh should be less than 1.
Tsh was 2.3 at 13 weeks pregnant and was 1.8 while not pregnant.

apr

I have heard according to Peat that tsh should be less than 1.
Tsh was 2.3 at 13 weeks pregnant and was 1.8 while not pregnant.
I am interested in knowing this as well.

I am also interested in more clarity regarding thyroid supplementation while trying to conceive/ be pregnant in order to provide more support for a successful outcome.

My daughter is trying to conceive and has been on Tyromax (after years on Cynoplus) and seems to have shown some improvement in thyroid function....less fatigue and temps a bit better than before.

She visited an ENDO recently and was told that studies have shown that one must not take T3 while pregnant. She said pregnancy uses up a high amount of T4 and that is recommended to supplement with T4 only and at temporarily higher doses than normally (to avoid birth defects). She also said it has been shown that T3 supplementation does not reach the embryo. My daughter gave her the ratio of T4:T3 that is in Tyromax and she said she would have to take a ridiculous amount of T3 to meet the amount of T4 she is advising her to take.

I would think the mother needs T3 to get pregnant and also to sustain the pregnancy but I may be wrong. I am sure there are millions out there on T4 only who have had perfectly health babies.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Anyone take Tyromax up to conceiving and throughout pregnancy? Anyone take high amounts of T4? Or T4 with a dab of T3?

Thank you!

apr

I am interested in knowing this as well.

I am also interested in more clarity regarding thyroid supplementation while trying to conceive/ be pregnant in order to provide more support for a successful outcome.

My daughter is trying to conceive and has been on Tyromax (after years on Cynoplus) and seems to have shown some improvement in thyroid function....less fatigue and temps a bit better than before.

She visited an ENDO recently and was told that studies have shown that one must not take T3 while pregnant. She said pregnancy uses up a high amount of T4 and that is recommended to supplement with T4 only and at temporarily higher doses than normally (to avoid birth defects). She also said it has been shown that T3 supplementation does not reach the embryo. My daughter gave her the ratio of T4:T3 that is in Tyromax and she said she would have to take a ridiculous amount of T3 to meet the amount of T4 she is advising her to take.

I would think the mother needs T3 to get pregnant and also to sustain the pregnancy but I may be wrong. I am sure there are millions out there on T4 only who have had perfectly health babies.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Anyone take Tyromax up to conceiving and throughout pregnancy? Anyone take high amounts of T4? Or T4 with a dab of T3?

Thank you!
@haidut would love your thoughts in general. And also about Tyromax or Tyromix of just T4 with maybe a dab of cynomel. Thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals