Is This The Ultimate DOPAMINE Restorative Drug? 9-Methyl-β-carboline (9-MBC)

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Hey all,

I am yet to personally experiment with 9-Methyl-β-carboline (9-MBC), but after reading about it's potential applications and benefits, I decided to make a YouTube video to discuss it's somewhat remarkable features.

80721097_2733806770020420_5803664113083088896_o-jpg.2108

Here is the entire video:

Some mechanisms of action I will post here, which you can find more in the video above:
•Protein and gene expression of tyrosine hydroxylase, as well as gene expression of tyrosine hydroxylase-relevant transcription factors (Nurr1, Pitx3, CREB, CREBBP, GATA2 and GATA3), was increased after 9-MBC treatment (11).
Up-regulates, differentiates and protects dopaminergic neurons, dendrites and synapses, especially in the substantia nigra of the midbrain and in the hippocampus (1)(2)(6)(7)
Increases dopamine synthesis (1)(7).
• Increases neurotrophins/neurotrophic factors (NGF, BDNF, CDNF [6], GDNF, SHH (5) and decrease apoptic signals (like caspase-3) (2)
Decreases inflammation, preventing microglia proliferation and chemokine release [4], protecting against lipopolysaccharide toxicity (5) and reducing LDH (2)(6) (lactate dehydrogenase). Reduces α-synuclein (4)(5), the aggregation of which form insoluble fibrils (like lewy bodies), one of the causes of some neurodegenerative disorders, like PD and AD (alzheimer's disease)
Increases TH (6) (tyrosine hydroxylase) expression and its transcription factors, and interacts with tyrosine kinases, TH converts L-tyrosine to L-Dopa, needed for the synthesis of the catecholamines, especially dopamine
MAO-B inhibition (3), preventing the formation of neurotoxic substances, like DOPAC (from the dopamine metabolization), 6-OH-DA (oxydopamine), and MPDP⁺/MPP⁺ (from MPTP), the major cause of dopaminergic neurons death.
Increases/protects/recovers the NADH dehydrogenase (or "complex I" (6) which catalyzes the transfer of electrons between NADH and Co-Q10), enhancing the mithocondrial respiration chain (7)
Increase ATP (6)
Even when 9-MBC was administered chronically, it exerted no neurotoxic effects (11).

LeeLemonoil

Nice, wasn’t aware of that one.
But some publications about its benefits are 10 years old or older. What’s the reason it didn’t make it?

Tbone107

Is there any danger of burnout or would this be something that is safe to supplement long term?

LeeLemonoil

Is there any danger of burnout or would this be something that is safe to supplement long term?

Cannot be answered by the publications and mechanisms alone, youd need evidence and experiences from actual people taking it. This I‘d say if anybody would want to experiment with it to only take it occasionally. Burnout or dependency seem not impossible to me from such a dopqminergic wonder-substance

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter

I'd imagine this would be perfect for dopamine BURNOUT.... eg, after abusing hard drugs. But that's just my theory. I do not recommend such behaviours.

It seems like it could be something you re-dose maybe every couple of weeks. I am going to try it out this year for sure. Shame it's sold out so fast. I should learn to keep my mouth shut!

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
This is a very good source Lokzo. I don't trust the Hydrapharm version one bit!

Have you got any experience with this amazing substance?

I don't trust Hydrapharm at all.

I am yet to try it personally, although it's on my agenda.

I had remarkable experiences with Bromantane when I was younger.

I would actually start on 5mg of 9-MBC because I have a feeling my TH Expression is already super high from Bromantane.

J

jb116

Looks great on paper but it's so new. Not enough research on it as well as actual use from great amounts of people.

lampofred

You've listed all the things it does, but what is the actual mechanism of action by which it works to heal the dopamine system? You can't increase dopamine in the long-run without healing metabolism in a fundamental way, otherwise it's just like taking a drug.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
You've listed all the things it does, but what is the actual mechanism of action by which it works to heal the dopamine system? You can't increase dopamine in the long-run without healing metabolism in a fundamental way, otherwise it's just like taking a drug.

Did you not see the mechanisms I listed out?

lampofred

Did you not see the mechanisms I listed out?

I think what you listed are effects, not mechanisms. Aspirin for example also increases dopamine, and you can say aspirin upregulates tyrosine hydroxylase and protects dopamine neurons but those are just its effects. An actual mechanism is that it binds to the COX enzyme instead of arachidonic acid and stops prostaglandin synthesis, with lowered prostaglandin there is less glutamate and with less glutamate more dopamine.

Kingpinguin

Its mechanism is probably similair to bromantane activating genes related to tyrosine hydroxylase synthesis, dopamine neuron differentiation and other similair genomic mechanisms.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals