Is This The Ultimate DOPAMINE Restorative Drug? 9-Methyl-β-carboline (9-MBC)

Spud

Ships from the US not australia.
We have tight customs here In Aus but I haven’t had a problem with customs.

YUPEATER

Theres also reachgenius.se, thats where I ordered mine. Probably more chances of getting through customs vs ordering from science.bio

thanks milkboi! Usually no problem with getting stuff from America. But i’ll check that one out aswell.

Spud

Found a three on reddit where someone was saying that 9-MBC can metabolise to 2,9-dimethyl-b-carbolinium, which is neurotoxic. Can not find any sources for this though. Anyone heard about this?

golder

I think this risk is overblown.

Do not mix 9-MBC with methyl donors.

does that mean just avoid the following when taking 9-MBC:
(Vitamin B12), choline, betaine/trimethylglycine (TMG), and l-methionine?

Grapelander

Human monoamine oxidase enzyme inhibition by coffee and beta-carbolines norharman and harman isolated from coffee

beta-Carboline (Wiki)
β-carboline is a GABAA benzodiazepine site inverse agonist and can therefore have convulsive, anxiogenic and memory enhancing effects.
3-hydroxymethyl-beta-carboline blocks the sleep-promoting effect of flurazepam in rodents, and by itself can decrease sleep in a dose-dependent manner.
9-Methyl-β-carbolines appear to induce DNA damage when exposed to ultra-violet light.

NodeCerebri

This substance gave me some strange anxiety I never experienced before. Dose was <5 mg. First dose was good but BP was a bit uncomfortably higher than usual. Took 3 days then paused for 1,5 weeks then tried again and then there was this anxiety and extremely strange feeling I still cannot describe. Just wanted to repair my dopamine system lol.

golder

does that mean just avoid the following when taking 9-MBC:
(Vitamin B12), choline, betaine/trimethylglycine (TMG), and l-methionine?
We’re these the correct this to avoid Lokzo, or was there more? Also, we’re there specific foods to avoid that are high in the above?
Have you found 9MBC better than say, Bromantane? It seems a bit more unpredictable?

NodeCerebri

This substance gave me some strange anxiety I never experienced before. Dose was <5 mg. First dose was good but BP was a bit uncomfortably higher than usual. Took 3 days then paused for 1,5 weeks then tried again and then there was this anxiety and extremely strange feeling I still cannot describe. Just wanted to repair my dopamine system lol.
Update: tried it again and came to the conclusion that I am just very sensitive to this substance, so dosages may be strongly subjective in distinct cases. I seem to react strongly to everything including my GABA system. So I minimized the dose and began with 3 mg maximal. Every 2 or 3 days. It’s better for me like this. Don’t know what and why messed up my GABA system this much and if I should start building from there rather than from my dopamine system.

tanneron

Update: tried it again and came to the conclusion that I am just very sensitive to this substance, so dosages may be strongly subjective in distinct cases. I seem to react strongly to everything including my GABA system. So I minimized the dose and began with 3 mg maximal. Every 2 or 3 days. It’s better for me like this. Don’t know what and why messed up my GABA system this much and if I should start building from there rather than from my dopamine system.
What have been your side effects from the lower dose?

Mauritio

Anybody tried this so far?
@Lokzo have you tried it by now ?

Last edited:

Charger

I've been using it for the past 3 days at 5mg a day, not sure if I will continue because I wasn't aware of the potential neurotoxic effects and I haven't seen much pushback on it to make me feel comfortable to keep using.

It is definitely doing something, though. Usually I take a stack of dopaminergics, but since starting 9-MBC it's easy to almost forget about them entirely because my focus and energy are fine.

@Lokzo or anyone else that can shed some more light on the potential neurotoxic side effects and whether they're genuinely a cause for concern or not would be nice.

vanessad

Hey all,

I am yet to personally experiment with 9-Methyl-β-carboline (9-MBC), but after reading about it's potential applications and benefits, I decided to make a YouTube video to discuss it's somewhat remarkable features.

80721097_2733806770020420_5803664113083088896_o-jpg.2108

Here is the entire video:

Some mechanisms of action I will post here, which you can find more in the video above:
•Protein and gene expression of tyrosine hydroxylase, as well as gene expression of tyrosine hydroxylase-relevant transcription factors (Nurr1, Pitx3, CREB, CREBBP, GATA2 and GATA3), was increased after 9-MBC treatment (11).
Up-regulates, differentiates and protects dopaminergic neurons, dendrites and synapses, especially in the substantia nigra of the midbrain and in the hippocampus (1)(2)(6)(7)
Increases dopamine synthesis (1)(7).
• Increases neurotrophins/neurotrophic factors (NGF, BDNF, CDNF [6], GDNF, SHH (5) and decrease apoptic signals (like caspase-3) (2)
Decreases inflammation, preventing microglia proliferation and chemokine release [4], protecting against lipopolysaccharide toxicity (5) and reducing LDH (2)(6) (lactate dehydrogenase). Reduces α-synuclein (4)(5), the aggregation of which form insoluble fibrils (like lewy bodies), one of the causes of some neurodegenerative disorders, like PD and AD (alzheimer's disease)
Increases TH (6) (tyrosine hydroxylase) expression and its transcription factors, and interacts with tyrosine kinases, TH converts L-tyrosine to L-Dopa, needed for the synthesis of the catecholamines, especially dopamine
MAO-B inhibition (3), preventing the formation of neurotoxic substances, like DOPAC (from the dopamine metabolization), 6-OH-DA (oxydopamine), and MPDP⁺/MPP⁺ (from MPTP), the major cause of dopaminergic neurons death.
Increases/protects/recovers the NADH dehydrogenase (or "complex I" (6) which catalyzes the transfer of electrons between NADH and Co-Q10), enhancing the mithocondrial respiration chain (7)
Increase ATP (6)
Even when 9-MBC was administered chronically, it exerted no neurotoxic effects (11).

Where can this be purchased? It sounds terrific!