IS THIS THE REAL CAUSE OF COVID DEATHS C. DIFF INFECTIONS?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I was also thinking about you today & how things are going @Rinse & rePeat
Thanks Rafe for letting me know that. I have a lump in my throat from friends like you being concerned. As I said above to Jinju it has been the worst time of my life. We have our up and down days, and there is much progress, but I just hate to see him in pain and sometimes tears. It has only been a week without the meds and he is doing just as well without them, and is quite amazed at how well plain old aspirin works. I hope I have better news next time you ask. Thanks again for checking in on me :)

Jinju

He finished his antibiotics a couple of days ago for the C.diff, and everything seems fine so far. I have his calories up to 1500+ so far. Mostly it is the original spinal compression fracture that is the BIG problem, he still can't walk without a walker or sit at all.
Gosh, I am so sorry to hear this. But glad to hear that he is making progress. Recovery is usually slow.....
But it's a wise decision to decline all the prescription meds!

I think the most unexpected thing I hadn't anticipated is the anger that has emerged from family and friends who are upset we won't do biopsies or conventional cancer treatments. What a mess!
Well, there is no pleasing everyone. At times like this, you have to decide the best course of action and ignore the barrage of unsolicited advice even if it is well meant.

Keeping a good thought for both of you.... hang in there! These are trying times but hoping they pass quickly....

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Gosh, I am so sorry to hear this. But glad to hear that he is making progress. Recovery is usually slow.....
But it's a wise decision to decline all the prescription meds!

Well, there is no pleasing everyone. At times like this, you have to decide the best course of action and ignore the barrage of unsolicited advice even if it is well meant.

Keeping a good thought for both of you.... hang in there! These are trying times but hoping they pass quickly....
Thank you Jinju!

Donttreadonme

I think instances of opportunistic bacterial infection may be the next “epidemic” health crisis, what with hand sanitizer placed every 100 feet in public now & people trying frantically to “get rid of germs.”
Kids are already going into the hospitals at elevated rates for respiratory infections. I'll give you one guess why.

Lollipop2

Oh my gosh Jinju it has been hard. How sweet of you to ask! He finished his antibiotics a couple of days ago for the C.diff, and everything seems fine so far. I have his calories up to 1500+ so far. Mostly it is the original spinal compression fracture that is the BIG problem, he still can't walk without a walker or sit at all. I have him off ALL of the Norco, muscle relaxers like Baclofen and Soma as well as Ibuprophen 800. They made such a mess of him, and still prescribed lots of other stuff like high iron and B12 pills, laxatives, Prontonics, Folic Acid and on and on. I have read up on every one and said no thanks. He is now on aspirin and occasional Tylenol. He now can't sleep through the night which has me up getting him walking and eating. I, myself, am doing pretty good today, but I have been beside myself with worry and no sleep this past couple of weeks. This is life and death stuff and an enormous amount of pressure, but I don't trust ANY doctor. I have discovered I am a pretty good physical therapist though. I think the most unexpected thing I hadn't anticipated is the anger that has emerged from family and friends who are upset we won't do biopsies or conventional cancer treatments. What a mess!
@Rinse & rePeat I also was wondering today about you and your husband, tough for you guys. Can you find a highly trained certified Iyengar Yoga instructor near you. A good one could save his back and get him out of pain without any meds. They would do “medical” can’t say that in US so therapeutic yoga - this is private work and NOT a class. I myself have helped many backs and can’t walks back to normal life. Not doing this any longer but know it is possible.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@Rinse & rePeat I also was wondering today about you and your husband, tough for you guys. Can you find a highly trained certified Iyengar Yoga instructor near you. A good one could save his back and get him out of pain without any meds. They would do “medical” can’t say that in US so therapeutic yoga - this is private work and NOT a class. I myself have helped many backs and can’t walks back to normal life. Not doing this any longer but know it is possible.
Thanks Lolipop2. Right now he can't sit anywhere, so yoga is out for now. We have figured out that his psoas muscles are seriously locked up. He put a call into a sports therapist yesterday, but they are closed for the holidays. Thanks for the suggestion and thoughts my way, so sweet of you. ?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Negligent shadiness is literally BUILT into the system.

Just this year I've seen proof from various sources that:

- No one needs to suffer ANY issues from Downs Syndrome, if helped with appropriate supplements and gotten metabolically healthy. Apparently known since the 50's.
- Aids might not be any more than poisoning from lipopolysacharides coupled with some badly designed tests. Known since the 90's?
- MS can be halted with the right B vitamins (specific to each person's deficiency) + aspirin / K levels moved up
- Cystic Fibrosis may mostly be a choline (read: egg yolk) deficiency. Any issues with 'choline overdose' likely just need an aspirin co-dose.
- Broken bones can heal in 2-3 weeks given red light and adequate nutrients
- Fatty liver, even to the point of tumours, can be nothing more than lack of choline. Goodness only knows when this was first discovered...

5 years ago, here in Melbourne Aus (yes, THAT one) I saw doctors kill a 3 year old with medication clearly stated NOT to be used in under 15's, then blame it on raw milk.

Don't even get me started on data manipulation in cancer trials and onco's WHOLESALE buying then RETAILING their treatments without disclosing to patients...

The whole medical system is a slow motion woodchipper. And yet, most sick people run to the noise, full of hope.

Wow! How can doctors not know any of this? In this past 2 months with my husband in the hospital twice, I have seen so much incompetence that I am so scared to deal with anymore doctors. They have made things so much worse than if he hadn't gone in the first place.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I hope it helps, anything for a pretty girl!! I do wonder about sugar and protein balance though to avoid glycolysis and causing cortisol to rise to break down protein to supply glucose to the brain though. Perhaps you might include some thiamine to expel excessive ammonia if you have cut on the sugar base.
I am unsure how the sugar would affect the bacterial growth, a risk benefit question in this scenario.

I did keep white sugar out of his diet, but have been generous with the manuka honey 20+. He is done with the antibiotics so now starts the waiting game, hoping it doesn't come back.

lvysaur

It's not the "real" cause, because something would have to explain why the C.Diff infection was able to establish itself in the first place.

My "long COVID" phase was definitely due to the bacterial buildup caused by covid itself, as it resolved with antibiotics. But that still doesn't explain how I got such a strong bacterial infection in March 2020...

Lollipop2

Thanks Lolipop2. Right now he can't sit anywhere, so yoga is out for now. We have figured out that his psoas muscles are seriously locked up. He put a call into a sports therapist yesterday, but they are closed for the holidays. Thanks for the suggestion and thoughts my way, so sweet of you. ?
That is why therapeutic yoga uses props and chairs and benches etc, etc, exactly for people like your husband. Sounds like you have a plan though. Sending prayers.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
That is why therapeutic yoga uses props and chairs and benches etc, etc, exactly for people like your husband. Sounds like you have a plan though. Sending prayers.
That is good to know. I am gonna look up some videos, as he can't sit is a car yet. Thanks Pina!

Rafe

I wouldn’t put too much stock in this but this study report finds a correlation of the rise in c. diff with the additive trehalose being introduced into the food supply.

This isn’t on food labels in US.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I wouldn’t put too much stock in this but this study report finds a correlation of the rise in c. diff with the additive trehalose being introduced into the food supply.

This isn’t on food labels in US.

Well this is interesting because my husband would get really bad stomach aches eating sushi, shrimp and lobster before finding out he had C. Diff. I thought it was because of the high glutamic acid in them, but it looks like it could be the trehalose!

"Trehalose is a naturally occurring glucose found in mushrooms, some seaweed, lobster, shrimp and foods in which baker's or brewer's yeast is used."

Rafe

Interesting. He might have become extra sensitive to the trehalose as the c. diff produced toxins.

That could help figure out foods for him.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Interesting. He might have become extra sensitive to the trehalose as the c. diff produced toxins.

That could help figure out foods for him.

He is afraid to eat any seafood now because those things gave him such a bad stomach ache for days.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals