IS THIS THE REAL CAUSE OF COVID DEATHS C. DIFF INFECTIONS?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Danish study finds superbug C. difficile can jump between pigs and humans, providing evidence of zoonotic spread”

“This alarming discovery suggests that resistance to antibiotics can spread more widely than previously thought, and confirms links in the resistance chain leading from farm animals to humans.”

C. difficile is a bacterium that infects the human gut and is resistant to all but three current antibiotics. Some strains contain genes that allow them to produce toxins that can cause damaging inflammation in the gut, leading to life-threatening diarrhoea, mostly in the elderly and hospitalised patients who have been treated with antibiotics.“

“In this study, Danish scientists investigated the prevalence of C. difficile strains in livestock (pigs) and the potential for zoonotic spread of antimicrobial resistance genes by comparing to clinical isolates from Danish hospital patients.

Stool samples were collected from 514 pigs in two batches from farms across Denmark between 2020 and 2021. Batch A included 330 samples from sows, piglets and slaughter pigs from fourteen farms in 2020. The 184 samples in batch B were collected during slaughtering in 2021.
Samples were screened for the presence of C. difficile and genetic sequencing was used to identify whether they harboured toxin and drug resistance genes. Genome sequencing was also used to compare the C. difficile isolates from the pig samples to 934 isolates collected from patients with C. difficile infection over the same period.

Out of 514 pigs samples, 54 had evidence of C. difficile (batch A= 44, batch B=9). Further analyses of 40 samples (batch A=33, batch B=7), found that C. difficile was more common in piglets and sows than slaughter pigs. The authors speculate that this may be due to the difference in age between piglets and adult pigs—with the younger pigs having a microbiota composition that makes them more susceptible to a successful colonization.

In total, thirteen sequence types found in animals matched those found in patient’s stool samples. ST11, an animal-associated strain, was the most common (pig=21, human=270). In sixteen cases, ST11 strains in humans and animals were identical (see table 1 and figure 1 in notes to editors)

All isolates from animals were positive for the toxin genes and ten were also hypervirulent, with an even greater capacity to cause disease.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“It turned out the antibiotics caused a defect in the anti-fungal immune response, specifically in the gut. Antibiotic-treated mice had much higher levels of fungal infection in the intestines than the untreated mice. The consequence of this was gut bacteria then escaped into the blood. Antibiotic-treated mice now had both a bacterial and a fungal infection to deal with. This was making them much sicker than the mice that did not have antibiotics.

To figure out why this was happening, we analysed the immune cells in the gut to figure out how antibiotics caused a defective anti-fungal immune response. Immune cells in the gut make small proteins called cytokines that act as messages to other cells. For example, cytokines called IL-17 and GM-CSF help immune cells fight fungal infections. We found that antibiotics lowered the amount of these cytokines in the gut, which we think is part of the reason the antibiotic-treated mice couldn’t control fungal infection in the intestines or stop the bacteria from escaping.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Although lactic acid is generally considered safe and has been associated with several health benefits, it may cause side effects for some people.

In particular, fermented foods and probiotics may temporarily worsen digestive issues like gas and bloating (19Trusted Source).

One small study in 38 people associated probiotic use, increased blood levels of lactic acid, and bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine with symptoms like gas, bloating, and brain fog — a condition characterized by impaired memory and concentration (20Trusted Source).

Some research also suggests that probiotics affect immune function differently in healthy people compared with those who are immunocompromised (21Trusted Source, 22Trusted Source, 23Trusted Source).

However, these safety concerns are primarily for individuals with severe health conditions using probiotic supplements — not those eating foods that contain probiotics, such as fermented foods with lactic acid.

Still, if you have any underlying health conditions, consult a healthcare professional before making any changes to your diet, or if you experience any negative side effects after eating foods that contain lactic acid.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Indeed, FDA research published in 2018 found that, out of 1,615 avocado samples, over 17 percent had Listeria monocytogenes contamination on their skins. As a result, the government already recommends, "Even if you plan to cut the rind or peel off the produce before eating, it is still important to wash it first so dirt and bacteria aren't transferred from the knife onto the fruit."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Yogurt treatment alone provided no protection to CDI in which 80% mice died in 7 days after infection, whereas LELN-yogurt treatment decreased the mortality to 40% (Figure S2A). Probiotic strains in the yogurt were grouped and treated with LELNs and the mortality evaluated for CDI mice. We confirmed that only Streptococcus thermophilus ST-21 (STH) and Lactobacillus rhamnosus LR-32 (LRH) were essential for protecting mice from CDI ”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Wow fecal transplants are nothing new, except to the mainstream medical system…

“The IMT (Microbiome transfer, or fecal microbiota transplantation), is a procedure in which fecal matter is collected from a tested donor, mixed with a saline or other solution, strained, and placed in a patient, by colonoscopy, endoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, or enema, to cure the underline disease.

In early fourth century, the stool transfer treatment for diarrheal diseases was successfully practiced in China.79 It was described first as a treatment option for pseudomembranous colitis in 1958.80 It has been found that the intestinal microbiota in patients with CDI had a reduced bacterial diversity, as compared with healthy individuals. It has been also found that in patients with recurrent CDI, the IMT (infusion of donor feces) resulted in better treatment outcomes as compared with VAN therapy.81 During the past few years, reports have shown that the treatment for recurrent CDI by endoscopically administering the feces in the duodenum, ileocolon, or by enema, the patient’s cure rates were reported to increase for up to about 92%.82“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@Steve My husband only took 4 1/2 days of a 10 day regimen before he noticed symptoms. He quit taking it but the disease still progressed. It took about 2 weeks of low residue diet, the manuka honey, ginger and turmeric to get rid of the blood in the stool.

Bleach is also good for killing the spores.
How is your husband doing Dolomite?

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
How is your husband doing Dolomite?
Thank you for asking. He is doing fine and hasn’t had any recurrence. He puts ground ginger on his breakfast potatoes and turmeric on his lunch. He uses manuka honey most days by putting a teaspoonful under his tongue before breakfast. After his experience we are leery of all antibiotics and hope to not ever need them.

My nephew’s wife was so ill from C diff she was able to get a fecal transplant. And it really made a difference. She has a lot of other health issues but at least not that one.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Thank you for asking. He is doing fine and hasn’t had any recurrence. He puts ground ginger on his breakfast potatoes and turmeric on his lunch. He uses manuka honey most days by putting a teaspoonful under his tongue before breakfast. After his experience we are leery of all antibiotics and hope to not ever need them.

My nephew’s wife was so ill from C diff she was able to get a fecal transplant. And it really made a difference. She has a lot of other health issues but at least not that one.
It is so good to hear your husband is doing well! I haven’t taken antibiotics for over 30 years and like you, am scared to death if them now! Posted something a few days ago in this thread about fecal transplants have been around for centuries! Did your aunt have to travel far to get her fecal transplant?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The risk of developing stomach cancer is far greater in other countries. Globally, stomach cancer is a major health concern. It is the fifth most common malignancy and third-leading cause of cancer-related death worldwide. Many Asian countries, including Korea, Japan and China, experience disproportionately high rates of stomach cancer, possibly due to high rates of infection with Helicobacter pylori — also known as H. pylori — and the increased consumption of salted and smoked foods.

There are few signs and symptoms of early-stage stomach cancer. The symptoms that do occur are nonspecific, making it more difficult to detect and diagnose. Patients with more advanced stomach cancer may experience poor appetite, weight loss, upper abdominal pain, fullness after eating a small meal, nausea and anemia.”

Thedumbass

I realized that because C diff is a bacteria someone should have researched bacteriophages. Turns out I was right there are several research papers on the subject going back decades.
Then I found this 2013 article it's an interview with a Martha Clokie and claimed to have found several different strains that worked.
I then found her bio at Leicester University where she stated her work had successfully identified a large set of phages that effectively kill this pathogen and that she is working with a company called Enbiotix.
So I looked up this company they merged with another company called polyphor
Here's the new company spexis
I searched there website and found no reference to C diff or Martha. Unless I missed something Martha found a cure for C diff and someone else used it to secure research grants and then left it in the dustbin.
I would attempt contacting Martha to get more information but I have some things going on right now but I hope this helps someone.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
It is so good to hear your husband is doing well! I haven’t taken antibiotics for over 30 years and like you, am scared to death if them now! Posted something a few days ago in this thread about fecal transplants have been around for centuries! Did your aunt have to travel far to get her fecal transplant?
It was actually my nephew's wife not an aunt but she did not have to travel far. She lives in the midwest and the state university medical school has a campus not far from her. She did have to go through a lot until they did the transplant. She had multiple failures with vancomycin. I didn't know they attempted this centuries ago. I guess it makes sense.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I realized that because C diff is a bacteria someone should have researched bacteriophages. Turns out I was right there are several research papers on the subject going back decades.
Then I found this 2013 article it's an interview with a Martha Clokie and claimed to have found several different strains that worked.
I then found her bio at Leicester University where she stated her work had successfully identified a large set of phages that effectively kill this pathogen and that she is working with a company called Enbiotix.
So I looked up this company they merged with another company called polyphor
Here's the new company spexis
I searched there website and found no reference to C diff or Martha. Unless I missed something Martha found a cure for C diff and someone else used it to secure research grants and then left it in the dustbin.
I would attempt contacting Martha to get more information but I have some things going on right now but I hope this helps someone.
Thank you for posting this info.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
It was actually my nephew's wife not an aunt but she did not have to travel far. She lives in the midwest and the state university medical school has a campus not far from her. She did have to go through a lot until they did the transplant. She had multiple failures with vancomycin. I didn't know they attempted this centuries ago. I guess it makes sense.
Oh yeah I just reread the nephew’s part. If they did it centuries ago with enemas, it seems worth a shot to do it yourself, especially if it is a do or die situation.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“PA: With the widespread use of antibiotics, we have been detecting a large number of cases of C difficile colitis. Our first approach to treatment is usually metronidazole and, if the problem recurs, a course of vancomycin is often used. When the problem recurs again, there are a number of treatment options.

TL: Most patients are treated again with standard therapy to achieve a normal stool pattern, fully realizing that these patients have a high risk for a relapse. To prevent relapse and recurrence, strategies have included tapering of vancomycin dosages over four weeks, using probiotics (eg, Saccharomyces boulardii) or bacterial products such as VSL#3 (VSL Pharmaceuticals Inc, Canada) or over-the-counter/health food store preparations, alone or in any combination, for varying durations of several weeks to a month. There is no proof that any of these treatments are effective, and the consensus of experts is that these strategies are of unproven benefit. Nevertheless, in principle, filling the void in the intestinal flora cannot hurt in the vast majority of situations. In many ways, the strategies to stop recurrence are desperate measures.

PA: You have been an advocate for the ‘stool transplant’. Can you describe the techniques for delivering this bacteria to the patient?

TL: I would not say that I have been an advocate for the procedure. I have performed them primarily because patients and referring physicians were out of options. Patients became prisoners of the threat of recurrence, and were vancomycin-dependent. It is important that patients are not on long-term courses of metronidazole, because of the risk for neurotoxicity. The normal colonic microbes, numbering in the trillions, are generally nonpathogenic and the majority are not cultivable (ie, grown in the laboratory). These organisms compete against pathogens and exclude them. It has been recognized for at least a decade that fecal flora replacement is highly effective – over 90% – in stopping the cycle of relapsing disease. Techniques for delivery range from ingestion, nasogastric/jejunal tube administration (1) (which runs the risk of colonizing the small bowel with potential pathogens), instillation with a colonoscope or simply an enema of varying volumes.

I have used an enema of 800 mL to 1400 mL of fecal slurry, generally as a once-only procedure. After 14 days of vancomycin therapy to ensure that the colon is healed and bowel motions are normal, the vancomycin is discontinued, allowing the antibiotic to clear from the colon over three to four days. At that time, the procedure is performed within the window before recurrence, when stool antibiotic concentrations that could be inhibitory are low. The volume used was recommended by radiology technicians at the Foothills Hospital (Calgary) because that amount was required to reach the right colon in most people during a barium enema examination. No cathartics are used because doing so might irritate the colon. On the day of the procedure (approximately day 18), after a normal full bowel motion, the infusion is administered over 30 min to 45 min, stopping at intervals if there are cramps. The patient is repositioned several times to facilitate transit to the right colon. Of the procedures done over 10 years, only one was performed in hospital.

PA: Why do you choose a relative to be the stool donor?

TL: I suspect that there is a genetic basis or influence on the composition of the bowel flora, and that the bowel flora in relatives might be more compatible. Also, when I have been unable to find a related donor, opting for a spouse, I find that there is a greater likelihood of irritable bowel-like symptoms presenting after the procedure, which can last for several months or longer. The C difficile is gone, they indicate that they are better, but they are still not completely normal. The biological basis for, and confirmation of, what I have observed needs to be verified.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
“PA: With the widespread use of antibiotics, we have been detecting a large number of cases of C difficile colitis. Our first approach to treatment is usually metronidazole and, if the problem recurs, a course of vancomycin is often used. When the problem recurs again, there are a number of treatment options.

TL: Most patients are treated again with standard therapy to achieve a normal stool pattern, fully realizing that these patients have a high risk for a relapse. To prevent relapse and recurrence, strategies have included tapering of vancomycin dosages over four weeks, using probiotics (eg, Saccharomyces boulardii) or bacterial products such as VSL#3 (VSL Pharmaceuticals Inc, Canada) or over-the-counter/health food store preparations, alone or in any combination, for varying durations of several weeks to a month. There is no proof that any of these treatments are effective, and the consensus of experts is that these strategies are of unproven benefit. Nevertheless, in principle, filling the void in the intestinal flora cannot hurt in the vast majority of situations. In many ways, the strategies to stop recurrence are desperate measures.

PA: You have been an advocate for the ‘stool transplant’. Can you describe the techniques for delivering this bacteria to the patient?

TL: I would not say that I have been an advocate for the procedure. I have performed them primarily because patients and referring physicians were out of options. Patients became prisoners of the threat of recurrence, and were vancomycin-dependent. It is important that patients are not on long-term courses of metronidazole, because of the risk for neurotoxicity. The normal colonic microbes, numbering in the trillions, are generally nonpathogenic and the majority are not cultivable (ie, grown in the laboratory). These organisms compete against pathogens and exclude them. It has been recognized for at least a decade that fecal flora replacement is highly effective – over 90% – in stopping the cycle of relapsing disease. Techniques for delivery range from ingestion, nasogastric/jejunal tube administration (1) (which runs the risk of colonizing the small bowel with potential pathogens), instillation with a colonoscope or simply an enema of varying volumes.

I have used an enema of 800 mL to 1400 mL of fecal slurry, generally as a once-only procedure. After 14 days of vancomycin therapy to ensure that the colon is healed and bowel motions are normal, the vancomycin is discontinued, allowing the antibiotic to clear from the colon over three to four days. At that time, the procedure is performed within the window before recurrence, when stool antibiotic concentrations that could be inhibitory are low. The volume used was recommended by radiology technicians at the Foothills Hospital (Calgary) because that amount was required to reach the right colon in most people during a barium enema examination. No cathartics are used because doing so might irritate the colon. On the day of the procedure (approximately day 18), after a normal full bowel motion, the infusion is administered over 30 min to 45 min, stopping at intervals if there are cramps. The patient is repositioned several times to facilitate transit to the right colon. Of the procedures done over 10 years, only one was performed in hospital.

PA: Why do you choose a relative to be the stool donor?

TL: I suspect that there is a genetic basis or influence on the composition of the bowel flora, and that the bowel flora in relatives might be more compatible. Also, when I have been unable to find a related donor, opting for a spouse, I find that there is a greater likelihood of irritable bowel-like symptoms presenting after the procedure, which can last for several months or longer. The C difficile is gone, they indicate that they are better, but they are still not completely normal. The biological basis for, and confirmation of, what I have observed needs to be verified.“

I will have to ask my nephew's wife who the fecal transplant material came from. She has relatives in the area so it may have been one of them.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I will have to ask my nephew's wife who the fecal transplant material came from. She has relatives in the area so it may have been one of them.
The success of everything seems to be in the details. I thought that “relative” part was interesting.

Athrunzala

1654601827137.jpeg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals