Is This Product Alright In Terms Of Wavelength Etc

flod

I'm a newb when it comes to red-light therapy and am in the UK so I think we're a bit more limited on infrared products.

I can't post links, but I found a product called the "Beurer IL 50 infrared heat lamp" which has some decent reviews for £54 ($69). It's 300 watts, which is more powerful than most I've seen, consisting of a halogen bulb behind an infrared panel.

In the product answers there seems to be some mixed opinions regarding the wavelength, the most specific answer seems to be it has wavelength of 1250nm, which is still considered near-infra-red but is towards the end of the window.

But here are the 3 answers I've found re: wavelength:

"I can confirm that this is a near infrared with 1250nm wavelength."

"I can confirm that the wavelength is 500-2500mn Near infrared."

"It does not specify the wavelengths used. The Beurer website states that the Infra Red is IR-A and IR-B which suggests as follows. It is probably does not cover this entire range but these are the wavelengths of the two forms of Infra Red light emitted by this device. That is as close as I can get with the information available.
• IR-A: 700 nm – 1400 nm (0.7 µm – 1.4 µm)
• IR-B: 1400 nm – 3000 nm (1.4 µm – 3 µm)"

I've read on the joov website that the ideal wavelength is somewhere in around 800 and something nm, but the joov product is much more expensive and way outside my price range, but this product from Beurer is affordable.

Do you think it would it be a worthwhile investment?

Juniperus

It's hard to tell since the manufacturer does not supply a spectral distribution chart for the lamp. For the wattage I find it rather expensive. I would go for regular 250W red heat lamps which are much cheaper. They only cost around £10 each. I am new member as well and can't post any links, but try searching ebay for "250 w red heat lamp" and you will find a lot of places to purchase from.

Miltron

Hello, I am also starting to look into IR light and I live in Greece. There are not many products available in Europe. Philips makes a red lamp that I believe you can easily find in the UK. I cannot post links but search Philips PAR38 IR. 150W lamp, 300h working life. Costs around 15,00 euros. You can easily mount 2 or 3 lamps together.

I found this description about the lamp's wavelegth:
"The infrared technology within these lamps produces a wavelength spectrum which peaks at 1000 nm. This allows for deep-penetration of the top layers of the skin with gentle warmth, enhancing circulation and providing a number of health benefits."

I have seen the lamp and it produces visible red light, although weak. You can also feel heat.

tankasnowgod

I'm a newb when it comes to red-light therapy and am in the UK so I think we're a bit more limited on infrared products.

I can't post links, but I found a product called the "Beurer IL 50 infrared heat lamp" which has some decent reviews for £54 ($69). It's 300 watts, which is more powerful than most I've seen, consisting of a halogen bulb behind an infrared panel.

In the product answers there seems to be some mixed opinions regarding the wavelength, the most specific answer seems to be it has wavelength of 1250nm, which is still considered near-infra-red but is towards the end of the window.

But here are the 3 answers I've found re: wavelength:

"I can confirm that this is a near infrared with 1250nm wavelength."

"I can confirm that the wavelength is 500-2500mn Near infrared."

"It does not specify the wavelengths used. The Beurer website states that the Infra Red is IR-A and IR-B which suggests as follows. It is probably does not cover this entire range but these are the wavelengths of the two forms of Infra Red light emitted by this device. That is as close as I can get with the information available.
• IR-A: 700 nm – 1400 nm (0.7 µm – 1.4 µm)
• IR-B: 1400 nm – 3000 nm (1.4 µm – 3 µm)"

I've read on the joov website that the ideal wavelength is somewhere in around 800 and something nm, but the joov product is much more expensive and way outside my price range, but this product from Beurer is affordable.

Do you think it would it be a worthwhile investment?

All lights cover many wavelengths, LEDs are usually have a much tighter range, and can have "peaks" closer to the "ideal" absorptions ranges, that I believe come from the Tiina Karu research. This device does have visible red light, so there is certainly a lot of light in the 600-800 nm section. Since it's also marketed as a heat device, you are probably getting lots of infrared from 800-2500 nm.

Juniperus

I think heat lamps is a good start. Cheap, easy to setup. I started with three 125 Watt Philips heat lamps, but wanted to try something without the heat. I was looking at different led panels but found them too expensive, so i decided to build one on my own. Now I have i full body led panel consisting of 240 leds 3 Watt each, half of the leds are 660nm and the other half is 850 nm. Bought the electronics from China and built a case to fit the ledstrips and power supplies in. All in all it has cost me around $600 plus some time.