Is This Pre-workout Stack Any Good?

faxmulder

Hi folks,

I've assembled the following pre-workout stack, which I'm taking 60min before weight lifting:

• cordyceps
  • citrulline
  • agmatine
  • beta-alanine

A few questions:

• is there anything missing? Maybe dynamine or Alpha GPC (for its supposed HGH-boosting effects)? Consider that I'm taking the stack at around 5:30pm, so I don't want to impair sleep

• are rhodiola, ginseng or ashwaganda (KSM-66) better options than cordyceps as pre-workout? I’d like to try also the combo tongkat ali + boron

• is it necessary to take also taurine, to balance beta-alanine?

Thanks!

Hans

Forum Supporter
Really no need for all those pre-workout. A good diet and training program will give you all the gains you need. Pre-workout contributes very little if at all to overall gains if all the rest is in check.
But back to pre-workout. Optimizing volume, glucose oxidation and CO2 production will help the most with gains. People training at higher altitudes gain more muscle and lose more fat than those training at lower altitudes.
A large bolus of glucose (120g vs 90g) has been shown to reduce muscle damage in mountain marathon runners.
So IMO a good stack would be:
  • A large bolus of glucose fructose mix (the combination enhance glucose oxidation to a greater extent)
  • 300mg+ vitamin B1
  • 1tsp-1tbsp sodium bicarb
  • 100-200mg caffeine
  • 100mg niacinamide and 100mg niacin (to block lipolysis)
  • CoQ10 and vitamin K2 to support the ETC
  • 100mg magnesium
If you have a lot of money to spend on a pre-workout, then a combination of the following will work great:
  • CortiNon - ensures proper glucose oxidation and inhibits excess cortisol production
  • Cardenosine - boosts dopamine, supports the ETC and enhances energy production
  • Pyrucet - maximizes glucose oxidation by inhibiting fatty acid oxidation
  • Oxidal - assists the ETC
  • Vitamin B1 – 300mg
  • Niacinamide – 250mg
  • Naicin – 250mg
  • Magnesium – 100-200mg
  • Vitamin K2 - 5mg
  • Colostrum - prevent gut permeability and endotoxin and serotonin absorption during exercise. Also, it suppresses the rise in serotonin during exercise.

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans no MB in your stack anymore?
I take my MB in the morning, so it should still have an effect when I lift.
But if I forgot to take it in the morning, I'd take it pre-workout.

Back
Top Bottom