Is this okay to use (Lambert's Cafe Sorghum Molasses)?

livesimply

I watched a youtube video and noticed this product: Sorghum Molasses – 39 oz. Can | Lambert's Cafe The ingredients are: corn syrup, cane syrup, sorghum molasses, citric acid. Is it unhealthy due to the corn syrup?

Also, what about this product which looked appealing:
Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 4.03.32 PM.png

I saw it at Walmart for $9.00. Ingredients are: maple syrup, honey, cinnamon, vanilla extract

Thanks!

Last edited:

J.R.K

I
I watched a youtube video and noticed this product: Sorghum Molasses – 39 oz. Can | Lambert's Cafe The ingredients are: corn syrup, cane syrup, sorghum molasses, citric acid. Is it unhealthy due to the corn syrup?

Also, what about this product which looked appealing: View attachment 38375

I saw it at Walmart for $9.00. Ingredients are: maple syrup, honey, cinnamon, vanilla extract

Thanks!
I am not one hundred percent sure on this but I believe that molasses are high in iron, I personally would avoid the corn syrup as it is cooked at a higher temperature to extract the syrup so there is a risk involved with a change but I cannot remember the specific reason Dr Peat said.

I'm.No.One

The maple/honey blend looks okay, although without the maple being organic you run the risk of formaldehyde exposure as tappers use formaldehyde pellets to keep the tree from healing up its wound.

The first stuff you mentioned sounds like garbage with citric acid added.

I got a gallon of organic maple syrup from Amazon for $35, per fl oz that's way cheaper than even the $9 little bottle.

OP
livesimply

livesimply

The maple/honey blend looks okay, although without the maple being organic you run the risk of formaldehyde exposure as tappers use formaldehyde pellets to keep the tree from healing up its wound.

The first stuff you mentioned sounds like garbage with citric acid added.

I got a gallon of organic maple syrup from Amazon for $35, per fl oz that's way cheaper than even the $9 little bottle.
I learn so much here--didn't now that about formaldehyde and maple syrup. Thanks! I'll pass on the first item. :thumbright

OP
livesimply

livesimply

I've been buying jugs of Kirkland Organic Maple Syrup at Costco on sale @ $13 for 32 oz. It's the perfect size container for us.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom