Is this high Serotonin?

laleto12

Hello everyone, I have a problem and I wanna ask you about it.

Sometimes when I am around my family or my girlfriend a weird thing happens. At those moments I just want them to be gone and I literally hate everything that they do. The noises that they make when they are eating, their talking or whatever that they do extremely annoys the *** out of me. I want them gone.

This doesnt happen everytime, normally I enjoy hanging out with them but sometimes I am extremely annoyed out of nothing. I just wanna scream but I keep that inside.

Whats going on?

Sometimes when I am around my family or my girlfriend a weird thing happens. At those moments I just want them to be gone and I literally hate everything that they do. The noises that they make when they are eating, their talking or whatever that they do extremely annoys the *** out of me. I want them gone.

This doesnt happen everytime, normally I enjoy hanging out with them but sometimes I am extremely annoyed out of nothing. I just wanna scream but I keep that inside.

Whats going on?
Do you get vitamin D from sun? I feel less tolerant of stresses when I am not getting vitamin D from the sun, and fresh air.

OP
laleto12

laleto12

Do you get vitamin D from sun? I feel less tolerant of stresses when I am not getting vitamin D from the sun, and fresh air.
I have been tanning everyday in summers for 3 years. And I do some tanning beds in winter. However my blood levels always come up low.

Brandin

Whats going on?
Yes it is. Reminds me of friends that I have had that were on ssri. Also reminds me of one in my class who almost got serotonin syndromde. And yes I literally mean almost. He has major health issues because of it and he blatantly feels how you described but like x10 to the point where cant hide it enough for me not to notice.

OP
laleto12

laleto12

Man, how do I reduce this ******* neurotransmitter. I ve been researching about it for months. A lot of my problems can be due to it. However, I just couldnt a good way to do it. Most people recommend cypro but it has major drawbacks. I dont like myself on it.

edit: lol this turned out as such a high serotonin comment

It sure is eye opening if one hadnt heard about it before. You must have known these things long before tho right? I thought it was quite central to Ray Peats work?
You need to lower you seratonin mister and don't get snarky with me :D

OP
laleto12

laleto12

Yes it is. Reminds me of friends that I have had that were on ssri. Also reminds me of one in my class who almost got serotonin syndromde. And yes I literally mean almost. He has major health issues because of it and he blatantly feels how you described but like x10 to the point where cant hide it enough for me not to notice.
What are the some major health problems of your friend?

liam183

I am struggling with high serotonin as well. For me, most of the symptoms seem to be digestive related. Lysine supplementation has helped me, as well as dopamine raising protocols to offset the high serotonin effects. Another thing is eating insoluble fibers from raw carrot, bamboo shoots, or white mushrooms. This will clear endotoxins, which lowers serotonin from the gut.

redsun

Man, how do I reduce this ******* neurotransmitter. I ve been researching about it for months. A lot of my problems can be due to it. However, I just couldnt a good way to do it. Most people recommend cypro but it has major drawbacks. I dont like myself on it.

By the way you wrote your original post, it almost sounds like you are overstimulated. Would you say this is an accurate description of your experience? This overstimulation makes otherwise normal sounds, actions, and the presence other people that usually does not disturb you become unbearable. If you don't consume much choline in your diet, I would try to get around 600-800mg daily.

You also told me before you suspect glutamate dominant personality. One of the ways to reduce glutamate activity is higher acetylcholine activity. Its not that clear cut though as nicotinic receptors mostly increase glutamate while muscarinic reduce it generally.

It may not be directly related to just glutamate however but elevated norepinephrine which acetylcholine would help normalize. Ach helps filter out stimulus from our environment and which helps prevent overstimulation. This is more common in an environments with lots of people and things happening around you at once. How much choline do you currently get daily?

OP
laleto12

laleto12

By the way you wrote your original post, it almost sounds like you are overstimulated. Would you say this is an accurate description of your experience? This overstimulation makes otherwise normal sounds, actions, and the presence other people that usually does not disturb you become unbearable. If you don't consume much choline in your diet, I would try to get around 600-800mg daily.

You also told me before you suspect glutamate dominant personality. One of the ways to reduce glutamate activity is higher acetylcholine activity. Its not that clear cut though as nicotinic receptors mostly increase glutamate while muscarinic reduce it generally.

It may not be directly related to just glutamate however but elevated norepinephrine which acetylcholine would help normalize. Ach helps filter out stimulus from our environment and which helps prevent overstimulation. This is more common in an environments with lots of people and things happening around you at once. How much choline do you currently get daily?
I am always overstimulated. My body goes crazy in stressful/anxiety inducing incidents.

I’ve been eating 2-3 eggs everyday whole my life, and I am not sure about other choline sources of my diet. After reading your posts I’ve checked couple of high and low acetylcholine symptoms but couldnt pinpoint which I could be since I have some from both.

I might try eating more egg yolks but somehow I think it might be causing more armpit sweat(stress sweat) so Im hesitant eating more of them. I have been a vivid dreamer for years as well so theres that too.

redsun

I am always overstimulated. My body goes crazy in stressful/anxiety inducing incidents.

I’ve been eating 2-3 eggs everyday whole my life, and I am not sure about other choline sources of my diet. After reading your posts I’ve checked couple of high and low acetylcholine symptoms but couldnt pinpoint which I could be since I have some from both.

I might try eating more egg yolks but somehow I think it might be causing more armpit sweat(stress sweat) so Im hesitant eating more of them. I have been a vivid dreamer for years as well so theres that too.
If you regularly experience vivid dreams than likely acetylcholine is good and may even be too high. Of all the possible symptoms, intense and vivid dreams is the most valid indicator. This can depress dopaminergic activity and noradrenergic activity too much. Normal levels of acetylcholine are mostly inhibitory especially in regards to controlling NE. But high activity is very excitatory to the brain and you end up with a low NE, DA profile. Excess Ach will make your CNS more reactive to any sort of stress. The fact that you sweat easily also indicates high Ach activity.

Do you take B-vitamins, zinc, or do you get a lot of manganese from your food (pineapple or similar)? Bs + zinc dramatically raise Ach so if you take those I would stop. Considering vivid dreams and excessive sweating and the fact that you suspect the egg yolks are increasing your sweating, perhaps excess Ach is your issue. You should try stopping eggs completely and get your protein content from meat. Do you consume 2-3 servings of dairy daily for bioavailable calcium? If not that is another thing I would recommend as calcium helps block excess sodium channel activity and should help stress/anxiety. Stopping eggs if your issue is high Ach will also help.

The only other major source of choline is meat but it doesnt have that much. The amino acid to choline ratio in meat will not give you higher Ach as opposed to the ratio in eggs.

Too much REM sleep at night due to excess Ach also leads to less restorative sleep, further aggravating every issue you deal with.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

High serotonin is a side effect of low thiamine. Supplementing thiamine + a good b-complex + some magnesium could be helpful.

OP
laleto12

laleto12

High serotonin is a side effect of low thiamine. Supplementing thiamine + a good b-complex + some magnesium could be helpful.

thiamine makes me absolutely reek
its awful. Last time i tried high dosages i had to throw some clothes out to the bin.

jet9

Whats going on?
Sounds like hypoglycemia

Regina

Yes. I concur that that it is serotonin.

I remember when Constantine tried Diamant, he said, "I love who I already love more."

So maybe if you triy Diamant and see if that happens. But maybe if they are still annoying, maybe they are actually annoying.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals