Is this even true? Excess deaths in the UK

mrchibbs

1610469210882.png

Apparently they're now saying 2020 saw the most ''excess deaths'' since WWII in the UK.

Anybody has raw numbers to back this up?

schultz

In terms of sheer numbers or as a percentage? Because usually each year has slightly more deaths than the previous year due to the population being ever growing.

HumanLife

ABBBBD58-ECDD-47B9-9557-EAF08B43F034.jpeg

This is for until the middle of November. With six weeks left resulting in more deaths, there should be more deaths in 2020. Kind of hard to believe that in just one month and a half, 170,000 people died in that period compared to the average 50,000ish per month.

AdoTintor

There were excess deaths over April-May (on average 80yrs with two other conditions) but there are no excess deaths Dec-Jan. BBC will show the penultimate graphs but not the last one. For UK follow
@ClareCraigPath

1610470375150.png

Lizb

Joel Smalley on Twitter does a good job of analysis. Also lockdownsceptics.org will have it on their front page tomorrow.

JKX

388 people died in the UK last year when accounting for no pre-existing conditions and aged under 60 years.

Not sure about that figure touted by the bbc. I despise that organisation. Ivor Cummins has some good videos on the death rate of various countries based on all cause mortality fluctuations. I don't particularly like the statistical manipulation used to calculate excess deaths based on 5 year averages. Worth a watch if anyone has the time.

gaze

The thing is too, these deaths are including mask wearing and lockdowns. Most covid-hoax people claim this means that masks and lockdowns dont work, but another view point would be, how much higher would deaths be if things went on 100% normally? How is it that excess deaths occured (In the US its like 400000 excess deaths from last years or something) all while people were locked at home. Surely things would be much worse if there was 0 precaution taken?

Sospian

It's nonsense. They've closed down Covid wards in my city while continuing to say cases are higher than ever. My father's friend works as a nurse and said he's not allowed anywhere near the hospital wards any more. Complete and utter farce.

388 people died in the UK last year when accounting for no pre-existing conditions and aged under 60 years.

Not sure about that figure touted by the bbc. I despise that organisation.
@JKX Your not alone, and we have to pay a license fee for the privilege! :mad:

ThinPicking

@JKX Your not alone, and we have to pay a license fee for the privilege! :mad:
Me too.

Stop paying it. If you must have TV use something like a HDHomeRun to put the signal on an ethernet segment (can go over your power lines with adapters). Hide the box in your loft of elsewhere. This way any Capita stooge needs RIPA authority to investigate it.

If you come up against one, always be polite to them, tell them you're in a rush, getting ready to go out and ask them to come back. Do it again and again. Never give them joinder. The trick described above is covering your arse if they turn up with a court order.

**** em.

Collden

The thing is too, these deaths are including mask wearing and lockdowns. Most covid-hoax people claim this means that masks and lockdowns dont work, but another view point would be, how much higher would deaths be if things went on 100% normally? How is it that excess deaths occured (In the US its like 400000 excess deaths from last years or something) all while people were locked at home. Surely things would be much worse if there was 0 precaution taken?
Sweden had no lockdown and no mask wearing mandate, the final stats are in and the mortality rate for 2020 (0.9%) was substantially lower than 1993 (1.1%).

L

Lord Cola

Some of these organizations have an obfuscatory way of calculating excess mortality. For example, let's see how CDC claims to calculate their excess deaths:
"Estimates of excess deaths can be calculated in a variety of ways, and will vary depending on the methodology and assumptions about how many deaths are expected to occur. Estimates of excess deaths presented in this webpage were calculated using Farrington surveillance algorithms (1). A range of values for the number of excess deaths was calculated as the difference between the observed count and one of two thresholds (either the average expected count or the upper bound of the 95% prediction interval), by week and jurisdiction." - Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19 (accessed 14 January 2021)
What would be useful for determining abnormal increase in deaths are total deaths, total population, and crude death rates over the past decade or more. From what I've seen, total deaths for a year usually take about a year to tally, and during that time who knows what they'll do to inflate the numbers. What became plainly visible in 2020 is the willingness of interested groups to brazenly twist definitions and methodologies to mess with statistics to support their narratives, and they don't even care about presenting logical arguments since they know most people will go along with their stories no matter how ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweden had no lockdown and no mask wearing mandate, the final stats are in and the mortality rate for 2020 (0.9%) was substantially lower than 1993 (1.1%).
@Collden Thanks for that, please can you link source for me to save it, cheers :):

Collden

it is with great sadness that I remember 1993...

View attachment 21171
Where is this summary from? Cannot find it at ONS
@Collden Thanks for that, please can you link source for me to save it, cheers :):
I think this has only been reported by swedish sources so far.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals