Is this drug healthier than statins?

johnwester130

ever considered Limonene?

It can dissolve fat and cholesterol and even liver stones and perhaps arterial plaque.

other things that are frequently mentioned are lysine/proline vitamin C,

OP
forterpride

forterpride

Who cares? Cholesterol is good for you, at least LDL. High cholesterol is caused mostly by PUFA and thyroid deficiency making utilization difficult.
Thanks for responding. Yeah I know. Unfortunately my dad is on statins and since it’s hard to get him to not take his doctors advice on taking them I was hoping for the next best thing. A med that at least doesn’t do as much damage as statins.

Hugh Johnson

Thanks for responding. Yeah I know. Unfortunately my dad is on statins and since it’s hard to get him to not take his doctors advice on taking them I was hoping for the next best thing. A med that at least doesn’t do as much damage as statins.
Thyroid hormones and PUFA avoidance. Probably aspirin, gelatin and K2 combo too because inflammation tends to accompany high LDL and the one good thing statins do is lower inflammation. That being said:

"Nexletol works by inhibiting cholesterol production."

Since statins have the beneficial property of lowering inflammation, and we don't know if this one does I'd stick with statins. Pure guess though, but this new one might be straight up bad.

OP
forterpride

forterpride

Thyroid hormones and PUFA avoidance. Probably aspirin, gelatin and K2 combo too because inflammation tends to accompany high LDL and the one good thing statins do is lower inflammation.
He is on 15mg K2 and Aspirin as well as avoids PUFA. But his doctor won’t go for that being enough of course. He’ll push the statins on him unless there is another drug he can prescribe him. That’s why I was hoping maybe this new med isn’t as bad.

JohnHafterson

Yeah I don't think inhibiting cholesterol is good anywhere on the cholesterol pathway.

This new drug is just upstream from HmG Co A reductase but still has some side effects.

Statins do have benefit but not through cholesterol - some are vitamin d analogs, lower inflammation/ros, improve endothelial function, thyroid analogs etc, basically pleiotropic actions not related to cholesterol.

Pharma won't let the Cholesterol thing slide they'll just invent a new class of drugs to get around people avoiding statins.

My doc wants me on a stating but I say no. I'm her boss she's not mine.

Taurine may be good to try:

OP
forterpride

forterpride

Yeah I don't think inhibiting cholesterol is good anywhere on the cholesterol pathway.

This new drug is just upstream from HmG Co A reductase but still has some side effects.

Statins do have benefit but not through cholesterol - some are vitamin d analogs, lower inflammation/ros, improve endothelial function, thyroid analogs etc, basically pleiotropic actions not related to cholesterol.

Pharma won't let the Cholesterol thing slide they'll just invent a new class of drugs to get around people avoiding statins.

My doc wants me on a stating but I say no. I'm her boss she's not mine.

Taurine may be good to try:

Thanks for the info John

JohnHafterson

Not sure if you're still looking for non-statin options for your dad.

But here's an older article on policosanol vs lovastatin:

Policosanol beat lovastatin on all the cholesterol measurements without any of the liver side effects/etc.

Taurine + policosanol would probably be a nice stack hitting multiple cardiovascular, metabolic, inflammatory targets.

Last edited:
OP
forterpride

forterpride

Policosanol beat lovastatin on all the cholesterol measurements without any of the liver side effects/etc.

Taurine + policosanol would probably be a nice stack hitting multiple cardiovascular, metabolic, inflammatory targets.
Thanks man

mamakitty

It's been amusing the last few months watching this guy pivot from being a die hard carnivore to ripping off Ray Peat. The anger and cognitive dissonance in his followers is a sight to behold.
I heard the same about this guy on mamounis’ show, but why does he still go by carnivore Aurelius?

mamakitty

Hi, very good input on this thread. I’m wondering if you know whether or not policosanol has any effects on kidney function and blood pressure? Thanks

JohnHafterson

Hi, very good input on this thread. I’m wondering if you know whether or not policosanol has any effects on kidney function and blood pressure? Thanks
There are a lot of things which can help/improve kideny function depending on what the issue(s) is/are.

Policosanol and Vitamin D work on klotho ( anti-aging gene ). Increasing klotho has been shown in studies to help with kidney function.

Haidut discusses policosanol in this article here: Policosanol is antiviral and a potent inducer of anti-aging gene Klotho – To Extract Knowledge from Matter

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals