Is this adult ADHD?

LoryEl

Hello amazing community. I need help figuring out first what do i have. I started noticing in November last year I could not remember once a day a name of a person or a plant/object that was very familiar to me. I know I had to remember, it was a frustrating feeling of not being able to even remember a letter of the word but for some reason could not. I would envision the object or the person and knew exactly who they were but could not name it. I tested myself and I have quite a good memory of every kind long term, short term, visual, auditory, etc etc. I did a MRI scan and anything else doctors recommended or they could test. Nothing is wrong according to medical doctors but i definitely feel something is changing and something is off. I stated working exercises to improve my memory and also to learn a new language. Recollecting names and objects is little by little going better.
Uridine helped for a short time but I discontinued it because i am aware of possible damage long term. I can not feel any improvements from B1 or from Theanine which are usually recommended here.
I would have thought I am on a good track unless the other day in a genera store I could not recognise the face of my spouse although he was waiving to me and I was actually looking for him.
Any thoughts on what this could be, what it could cause this or how I could address it?

Ben.

Hey there,

I am probably not one of thoose forum users that can help alot.

What you describe reminded me of this story on reddit someone posted here somewhere, maybe this is helpful? i dont know:

My experience using methylene blue

"About six months after I started taking medication to control my blood pressure I noticed symptoms that I now associate with deficient blood supply to the brain, i.e. memory loss, vertigo, blurred vision, lowered alertness, inability to focus attention, constant tiredness, etc. I became absent-minded/forgetful. I suddenly lost coordination and the ability to play tennis and softball well. My memory suffered greatly. I had particular trouble with recalling the names of people that I had known for years but had not seen recently. When waking up in bed on many mornings I would be hit with vertigo. The spinning made it difficult to get up, but it got worse if I stayed in bed. The vertigo induced nausea and on a few occasions I was physically ill. Attributing my symptoms to my blood supply is an assumption based on the nature of the BP medication and my understanding of MB and it's effects. These symptoms were debilitating and progressive. For quite a while I assumed that what I was experiencing was due to normal ageing, but the insidious decline of my abilities eventually caused me to become alarmed. It took more than a year before I realized that the blood pressure medication was contributing to these problems. I stopped taking the medication and my symptoms abated, but did not go away completely. I then started taking 160mcg of MB every 2-3hrs about 6 months ago and my symptoms are gone. I don't feel any different immediately after dosing. Over time it becomes obvious that my brain function has improved. I can readily remember things that eluded me before. For decades I have enjoyed all types of music, but especially the Blues. Just prior to starting on MB I remember a conversation where I mentioned my love for the Blues and was asked who my favorite artists were... I couldn't remember the names of any Blues artists, not even one. I had to Google them post-MB to restore them to my memory but now I can recite B.B. King, Son Seals, Willie Dixon, Buddy Guy, John Lee Hooker, Etta James, Koko Taylor, Robert Johnson, Stevie Ray Vaghan, etc. without looking them up. I used to struggle at work, it requires me to remain alert and react quickly. I would "space out" and stop paying attention without warning, I couldn't control these "micro-lapses". With MB I can retain my focus. My vision was getting so blurry before that I couldn't distinguish the letters on the licence plate of a car right in front of me... my vision has returned to normal. I no longer experience the dizziness and vertigo that had become a regular burden for me pre-MB. I have never had problems sleeping but while taking my BP medication I didn't dream at all, sleep felt like a total loss of consciousness. Post MB my dreams have returned. Others that have tried MB that I have talked to do not experience MB benefits as dramatically as I do. My guess is that my negative symptoms reflect an underlying physiological impairment, one that MB ameliorates. I experience all of these benefits at a very low micro-dose level."

Edit: I am not trying to say or imply that you should take methylene blue. Maybe if things get dire it could be one thing to consider. Please be careful and use your own best judgment.

Last edited:
OP
LoryEl

LoryEl

Thank you. This is awesome. I will give it a try and see how it goes. I used MB before but just one dose when i got flue simtoms. Really appreciate your advice

Explorer

I have had such occurences happen due to stressoric/traumatic/depressive types of patterns and they seem to correlate with brain fog and depression and to disassociation as well but if you do not experience any of those nor had them around the time those symptoms appeared then the problem might be physiological rather than psychological primarily

Ben.

Thank you. This is awesome. I will give it a try and see how it goes. I used MB before but just one dose when i got flue simtoms. Really appreciate your advice

Uhmmm ... please be careful, i am not qualified to give medical advise and i defenietly have no idea if that is in fact something that is helpful in your particular case.

I can not feel any improvements from B1

Which Thiamin form did you try? The most common thiamin hcl?

Perhaps you want to try a form that is able to cross the blood brain barrier.

TTFD (Thiamine Tetrahydrofurfuryl Disulfide)
Or Benfotiamine
Or Sulbutiamine

As with all Food and Supplements .. which one works for you is something that only your own body can tell you. Make sure to inform yourself before randomly attempting any of that.

Have you tried or had succes with Niacian or Nicotinamid (nicotinamide is the Hans/Peatforum approved form)?

After all ... therapeuthic dosages of vit b3 have been shown to help with neurological diseases (Alzheimer, dementia, Shizophrenia etc). You'll find alot of posts/articles here if you look Thiamin or Nicotinamide up. Usually taking a b-complex along with it and something like taurin/vit c to protect the liver and in case of nicotinamide, its recommended to take along a methyl donor like TMG in a 1:1 ratio.

I wouldn't make any of these interventions a long term therapy tho. Just ideas. After all, idk what exactly ails you.

I have had such occurences happen due to stressoric/traumatic/depressive types of patterns and they seem to correlate with brain fog and depression and to disassociation as well but if you do not experience any of those nor had them around the time those symptoms appeared then the problem might be physiological rather than psychological primarily

Good post. Defenietly check if there is a stressor/trauma that is bugging you, perhaps a recent one or it could be one that's been haunting you for a long time.
Altough techically, a psychological issue causing physical ailments is still a biological/biochemical chain of processes not working correctly.

OP
LoryEl

LoryEl

Thank you both for your input. Highly appreciate this.
I am actually having the best time of my life and i used to have quite a stresfull life in the past 20 years, starting from my 20s to my 40s. I only started relaxing in the past couple of years and i feel amazing overall. I had some severe sleep issues last year but I am now on a better sleeping pattern.
This is the l-Theanine i am using.
Niacine gives me a red flush. niacinamide just increases my appetite without any other benefits.
I do not feel anything on Thiamine/B1 even in high dosages long term. I get the overall boost in energy but not more. I use it when I am tired sometimes if I do not sleep well one night.
I do take Taurine as i feel better on it in general long term.
Vit C i used to take in high amounts before discovering Peat and i would get allergy symptoms like sneezing. Same thing happens o. pregnenolone. O can not tolerate Progesterone, it gives me estrogenic reactions.

I am anemic so aspirine is a not an option.i felt good on aspirine in general since I suspect i have estrogen dominance but my hemoglobin and feritinei were severely down and it was one of the factors influencing my bad sleep. Taking aspirine out of my diet improved a few things.i do feel good on b12 which I suspect is due to my anemia.
Thank you so much for your time and input ?

Kram

It's hard to say what's causing your issues as it could be a lot of things...(I was suffering from memory and concentration problems for a few years as well)

How is your gut health and digestion?

Shining red infrared light/LLLT or cerebrolysin may be worth looking into.

OP
LoryEl

LoryEl

Thank you Kram for your feedback.
I love red light and i now stay quite a bit in the sun daily. I was an indoor person for a looong time in my life. This changed in the past 5years i would say. I also use near infrared light quite a bit in the home. Both clear and red.
I have not heard about cerebrolysin before but i will look into it. I wonder if I can get it from actually eating animal brain? I can get it in the store where i live.
Digestion is better these days. I rarely get bloted but i was suffering from cholitis all through my life and made it much worse with my 8.5years as a vegan in my 30s. Last half a year i had no issues unless i eat a processed food that may contain some soy for example. I am however very fast to gain weight so i need to be careful.but i did tried for more than a month to eat more butter and other good fats without noticing benefits. I did ganed a few pounds though so i went back to being more careful with fat in general although i do have a healthy portion of fats in my daily diet.
I wonder if there is any way my long years of functioning on a stress metabolism without sleep at night have any connection. Like is it possible that my cortisone and serotonin going down could badly influence a certain type of memory? I wonder if it is possible that my body was trained to focus and think only on stress ? I was a bad sleeper ever since child hood. I do believe I was high serotonin. I used to be passive aggressive, harsh and pubishing myself. I am improving a lot, i hope:( but wouldn't have anything to do with it?
I am wondering if. it is ADD because i am also having difficulties in regular speech. Like i would show the lights changing color in a fountain and was thinking i speak of the lights color but i was speaking out loud about how the water changes and friends around me corrected me. This happens a couple times a day. In all testes or games like Lumosity for example i exell in 97+ percentile. I actually feel smarter in general than i used to be even a few years back. I only was able to narrow an issue on processing speed. Which is actually much better than other people i know around me same age and living conditions and i asked to take similar tests but it is still only 25-30% of 100.
Kram may I ask how did you recover?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals